Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2006, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that might have been my silver evo with black rims...i have a small wing though
Old Jul 16, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sti killer 187
that might have been my silver evo with black rims...i have a small wing though
sorry didn't notice the wing that much... it was friday between 6:30 and 7pm
Old Jul 16, 2006, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

I totally agree, I actually was there with my friend in his STI. His car was at the
subie tent. They contact him to do autox events, shows, and whole bunch of stuff.
Mitsu doesn't do anything like that.

Also where do you take your cars to get any warranty work done? I was just wondering how the local dealerships are with mods? I would like to get a turbo back exhaust but I figure mitsu would try to void the warranty with all the BS I heard. Just wanted to see if it's true or not.

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
well guys I just got back from the grand prix. Lots of nice cars, very hot out! I have to say tho subaru has us beat. I saw just about every kinda car under the sun, with a whole bunch of suby's. and not a single evo . It would be nice if a mitsubishi dealer stepped up and had a tent with food for us!
Old Jul 16, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Thats tony with the silver MR.. he is from the trafford area.. Told him to join evom and GNV but he hasnt gotten around to it..

He just put a BR 3" TBE on it, and installed an Injen intake+upper/lower pipes..
Car sounds very bad ***! anyways, he always always hangs out at maricle mile around 11 or so, if anyone needs to get ahold of him or wants to hang out let me know, i know him and a few others.

Tomorrow the exhaust gets put on...
Old Jul 17, 2006, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
I totally agree, I actually was there with my friend in his STI. His car was at the
subie tent. They contact him to do autox events, shows, and whole bunch of stuff.

Also where do you take your cars to get any warranty work done? I was just wondering how the local dealerships are with mods? I would like to get a turbo back exhaust but I figure mitsu would try to void the warranty with all the BS I heard. Just wanted to see if it's true or not.
What you have heard is true.

When I bought my car at a local dealer, Bariel it was pretty clear that an exhaust would void the warrenty. They do do good work and will honor legit stuff without question.

Coincidentaly, the only mod friendly dealer in the area went out of business some time ago.

To do the stuff that Subaru does takes an investment in time and resources. Classic chicken/Egg scenario. Every time I go to the dealer, about every three months it is completely bare of customers. The only person I have seen buy a car is me, when I picked mine up. The Internet couldn't have killed ALL the foot traffic at dealerships. I've never had a hard time getting an appointment for service either and their service guys are pretty good.

Subaru sells lots and lots of regular wrx's. Not to many EVO RS's or even lancer oz rally's running around.

However, a soda and some cat on a stick would do a lot to get me to buy another mitsubishi.

Last edited by Oppie20; Jul 17, 2006 at 03:48 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr

Medina Mitsubishi in Ohio is a mod friendly dealership to an extent. They sell the buschur modified evos which still hold the warranty because all the parts buschur installs arent anything that will hurt the car, which is your basic bolt-ons. You could call them and ask? I bought my car there and my salesman sent me a letter in the mail saying thanks for the business and stuff and at the bottem he wrote down buschurs number and said to call them for modifications. I would trust they would be fair with most minor bolt-on parts if they werent directly related to the warrantied part failure. Its about a 1.5 to 2hr. drive from Pittsburgh.

Other than that just start racking up the miles...and when you hit 36k your warranty is over anyway? thats my plan of attack I only have 10k to go and i bought the car in october with 8500 miles on it. I think I drive to much?
Old Jul 17, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolving Member

The local dealers around here are very ****ty, i must admit. I have had experience with South park, and Baierl mitsubishi.

On a lazy day i decided to take my car to mitsu to get my oil changed, as it was during the winter and i didn't want to change oil in my 30 degree garage. Well lets just say it took them about 1.5 hours to get the job done... this was done at south park.

Baierl said theyw ould warranty my hid bulb that just died prematurely and when i got there it was apparently a different story. I was told "someone backed into your car causing the bulb to die. Mean while i ended up having to pay 116 in labor just for them to put the headlight back in. Talk about service.

If mitsubishi wants to compete with subaru in sales they need to offer some customer service training for all employees there, i know after my experience at baierl i wrote a letter to the manager about my unsatisfying experience, and about 2 days after that i got threatening emails from the mechanic.

And people wonder why we see more subarus on the road then evos...

Also how was everyones weekend?

Steve
Old Jul 17, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

That just plain sucks that you can't even do minor bolt ons. I'm thinking of taking my car
in for a oil change at bairel and getting my warranty switched over. (being I bought the car
with 2500 miles) I was gonna ask what there policy was on mods, maybe I should bring
a copy of The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8128
I wouldn't have a problem with them voiding warranty if the parts caused a
problem. I don't want my warranty voided just cause I had something installed though.

Last edited by Mike01gsr; Jul 17, 2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, mitsu dealers are all too happy to void out your warranty.

hell, they wouldn't even look at my car for a knocking noise with a rear sway bar on it.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Biondi's service department hasn't been too bad. But I had a similar experience like Steve. For my first oil change at 1,000 miles, I took it to Biondi because I was getting warranty work done. (stock at the time.) It took them 3 hours to install a new airbox and change my oil. I can do that at home with no training in under 2 hours. Come on... And these are master technicians that have to receive special training to work on our Evo's... On top of that, they wondered why I scored them so low on the questionaire they sent me. They were actually very rude about it. Sorry, but it just doesn't take that long to do an oil change. Other than that though, they have been fair with me. I have only been there three times though. 2 inspections and the time I spoke of above.

Now the parts department at Biondi has been nothing but very helpful to me. I've gotten numerous deals on parts from them. I wish the service department was that good.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Well just got done signing up for the flat out monday at beaver run. Anyone else ready to have a blast? I recomend signing up soon because this is the last of the year and they do sell out usually. Im already excited. As many of you kno, i've said it once and i'll say it again. this is the best money you will spend on your car! It is a very laid back setting. with many very helpful people. You only have to drive as fast as you want. so. The one tip i have is to expect to have to gas up during the event. I think i calculated it to be about 4mpg.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

that would be nice jeremy but on a monday, im not sure the boss would understand, we are a little too busy right now, too bad its not a sunday
Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by travman
Medina Mitsubishi in Ohio is a mod friendly dealership to an extent. They sell the buschur modified evos which still hold the warranty because all the parts buschur installs arent anything that will hurt the car, which is your basic bolt-ons. You could call them and ask? I bought my car there and my salesman sent me a letter in the mail saying thanks for the business and stuff and at the bottem he wrote down buschurs number and said to call them for modifications. I would trust they would be fair with most minor bolt-on parts if they werent directly related to the warrantied part failure. Its about a 1.5 to 2hr. drive from Pittsburgh.

Other than that just start racking up the miles...and when you hit 36k your warranty is over anyway? thats my plan of attack I only have 10k to go and i bought the car in october with 8500 miles on it. I think I drive to much?
Haha I heard if you have a intake your warranty is gone.. but go figure.. dealerships are all different
Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Thats tony with the silver MR.. he is from the trafford area.. Told him to join evom and GNV but he hasnt gotten around to it..

He just put a BR 3" TBE on it, and installed an Injen intake+upper/lower pipes..
Car sounds very bad ***! anyways, he always always hangs out at maricle mile around 11 or so, if anyone needs to get ahold of him or wants to hang out let me know, i know him and a few others.

Tomorrow the exhaust gets put on...
yeah i talk to those dudes i see them , the mr 2 eclipse red&black, and dude with civic. i just sold a honda b18 block and crank to one of their boys
Old Jul 17, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

ok i am gonna propose a organized idea to the meet situation please people respond so we can work something out!! how about every other saturday starting july 22nd , location the waterfront sometime in the evening say 7pm. what do u guys think about that??? bumpedy,bump bump for the idea, come on newbs who is all in??
steelcityevo
jabba08
steve GnV Motorsports
evodan
ozrally
mondobongo
the game
sti killer 187

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet