Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If for some reason I can't get the flash, I'll definately take the SAFCII. Oh and steve, I ordered my first part from you guys yesterday. EGT gauge. You guys had pretty much the best price I could find. Now all I need is someone to find me an RMR catback. I had one on backorder for a month and got tired of waiting so I had to cancel. Steve or whomever, if you can help me find one I'd appreciate it. If that turns out to be a wild goose chase I think I'll go Helix. I really was impressed with evil evo's.
Old May 28, 2005, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
If for some reason I can't get the flash, I'll definately take the SAFCII. Oh and steve, I ordered my first part from you guys yesterday. EGT gauge. You guys had pretty much the best price I could find. Now all I need is someone to find me an RMR catback. I had one on backorder for a month and got tired of waiting so I had to cancel. Steve or whomever, if you can help me find one I'd appreciate it. If that turns out to be a wild goose chase I think I'll go Helix. I really was impressed with evil evo's.
RmR isn't that great, but if you want it i'm sure i can find it. The safcII there is a guy who jumped on that already. but i'll let you know if he backs out. and yeah we got your order.. should get it by mid week next week.

Regards
Steve
GnV Motorpsorts
Old May 28, 2005, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

btw guys for when al comes in to do dynoflashes. Where is a good low key place to do this at?
Old May 28, 2005, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

I was wondering that myself... I'm assuming we need a big open area to do pulls on right? I honestly have no idea.
Old May 28, 2005, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah you would need that, he runs it in 3rd/4th gear. We have a month or so to figure out a good place.
Old May 29, 2005, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Who all upgraded their fuel pumps to Walbro's or whatever? I'm not sure if I'm going to get one or not yet. On dynoflashes website it says you do but don't need one for a flash. They do recommend one though. It's only 100 bucks or so to get one so maybe I should. What is everyone else doing?
Old May 29, 2005, 01:18 PM

I would get one now because if you get flashed and then get a fuel pump you will need retuned again.
Old May 29, 2005, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

I was sorta wondering the same thing. And what is the noise that i hear about walbro pumps making. Is it loud. And is it really an important upgrade. Im really just trying to mimic the buschur 350 they sell from medina mits. And they don't use one. Im not looking at doing much more then that so im sorta on the line about upgrading to the walbro. Any thought would be greatly appreciated! Another thing im not sure about is the mbc. Is that important after a flash? or is the flash enough. I've done alot or research into these subjects but just wanted some local opinion on it. Thanks guys cant' wait for the dynoflash!
Old May 29, 2005, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

I think Al can control Boost very well now, but they say a mbc will still be an improvement. But if you are really not going to ever raise your boost beyond stock, I would wait to get one.
Old May 30, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Al can control Boost very well now, but they say a mbc will still be an improvement. But if you are really not going to ever raise your boost beyond stock, I would wait to get one.
I think the hallman is a great MBC... u can feel more power since u get rid of the boost tempering down to 13
Old May 30, 2005, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Yes al can control your boost via ecu so there is "no need for a boost controller" But i am a bit skeptical about it i will be running a boost controller regardless just to make sure and be safe.

On a side note guys. We need to go to beaver run and do an autox test and tune day, and autox. And also go to an open lapping day on the big north track. Who would be in for that?
Old May 30, 2005, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Yea i think im holding off on the mbc till i can talk to Al. Im am up for some track time,there is a open lap day on Mon June 27 that i will be attending. If anyone is interested we should all meet up.
Old May 30, 2005, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I'm in on that as long as I don't have to work.
Old May 31, 2005, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Game... That one dude backed out of buying the SAFCII. Its yours for $280 let me know if your still interested.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

I'm really not too sure. I am interested, that seems like a damn good deal, but I'll have to wait and see what happens with this dynoflash before I would do anything.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet