Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2006, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice Dan. I have some questions about all the work that was done. we will have to talk soon. Looks like i better get on the ball and get my cams in if i want to hang now!
Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Awesome numbers dan.. Cant wait to see that thing in action.. Will i ever stand a chance?
Eric I think your car stands more than a chance. Especially after about 2pm today There was a IX at turbotrix also getting tuned yesterday. I don't remember exactlly what he was making but it was more than me with probably half the mods.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:45 AM

Denny...your numbers will be around 230-250 on buschurs with meth and mods. My buddy's 2nd gen eclipse has a built 2.0L (block and head for high rev) 50trim turbo, dsm link, 3inch turbo back with no cat, 272/272, and so on. He made 277whp and 244ftlbs @ 22lbs of boost 94octane on the mustang.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 08:48 AM

Petey with race gas you should be close to low 12's for sure...denny 350whp on buschurs takes a bigger turbo ....but dont be sad with 250whp because thats a great number
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Just a heads up: I got a call from the dealer about my peeling brembos, they are replacing the front 2 under warranty. The district rep. said they are warrantied for 2 years.....If any of you guys with 03-04 that have peeling issues I suggest go to baierl, it was a no hassle issue.

As for now they said they cant find anything wrong with my suspension, so im in the same boat as Mondo has been.....Im waiting on a call back, they were taking my car out again to see if they can find the noise after I explained what they need to do.....

Its amazing the noise it makes and they cant find anything wrong? I mean when it knocks you feel it in the steering wheel and through the car, how does that not show up? haha.....oh well the day isnt over yet
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoDan
Eric I think your car stands more than a chance. Especially after about 2pm today There was a IX at turbotrix also getting tuned yesterday. I don't remember exactlly what he was making but it was more than me with probably half the mods.
Yeah thats what pisses me off with the IX's.....They are making like 330whp on dynojets with tbe,mbc, and flash? talk about good power for cheap!
Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Just a heads up: I got a call from the dealer about my peeling brembos, they are replacing the front 2 under warranty. The district rep. said they are warrantied for 2 years.....If any of you guys with 03-04 that have peeling issues I suggest go to baierl, it was a no hassle issue.

As for now they said they cant find anything wrong with my suspension, so im in the same boat as Mondo has been.....Im waiting on a call back, they were taking my car out again to see if they can find the noise after I explained what they need to do.....

Its amazing the noise it makes and they cant find anything wrong? I mean when it knocks you feel it in the steering wheel and through the car, how does that not show up? haha.....oh well the day isnt over yet

didn you get a copy of the email from jeff? there is a really good chance it is a bearing in the strut mount. i am having mine taken in wednesday for oil change, inspection, 15k service, and to check that out. hopefully that wiull fix it
Old Aug 10, 2006, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
didn you get a copy of the email from jeff? there is a really good chance it is a bearing in the strut mount. i am having mine taken in wednesday for oil change, inspection, 15k service, and to check that out. hopefully that wiull fix it
Yeah I did and they said nothing is wrong with it? and they couldnt hear the noise....which I cant believe, I hear it everday? Im going at 5:30 to take the service manager for a ride and see if I can get it to make the noise.......Hopefully this gets resolved, im just stunned its making no noise now. When it did on the way there this morning?
Old Aug 10, 2006, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

when mine started making the noise it was rather hit or miss. in fact it seemed to depend on the outside temperature and the road i was on at the time.

good luck with the drive with the service manager man.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
when mine started making the noise it was rather hit or miss. in fact it seemed to depend on the outside temperature and the road i was on at the time.

good luck with the drive with the service manager man.
Yeah no luck....it didnt make a noise and it didnt the whole way home......I have no clue? I have to go back next week for my calipers so we shall see what happens between now and then?
Old Aug 10, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Dan, those are some great numbers. And you thought your car was one of the weaker ones...

Trav, good call on the peeling calipers. Mike and I are having the same problems. I was afraid to go in for a warranty claim though. I have a little bit more done than you do.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

guys im not being rude but i gave you the thread to the noise your having. They will never find anything wrong. It is a evo noise! It will happen and not happen at any time. As Mondo has said it dosn't affect the ride. I wish there was something that would fix it but, in 3 years of looking for a solution there is no deffinitave answer. Im also wondering i've never heard of a bearing making such a loud noise. And im not sure how it could come and go.

Last edited by jerdeitzel; Aug 10, 2006 at 07:18 PM.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:29 PM

Sweet numbers Dan. I am glad you had a postive experience with TurboTrix too. PM me and let me know what all you had installed and what mods those numbers were with.
Old Aug 10, 2006, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Well guys, i just got home from Buschur racing...

My very first pull un-tune:
306 AWHP and 308lb tq (dan knows i didnt know how much boost i was pushin)

Next pull boost turned down:
290/300

Final pull with 104/93 octane mix (about 3 gallons each) ((not a seperate map just more boost))
325/330

AL said my IX felt very strong... Got video footage/graphs to be uploaded tomorrow sometime..

Wish he printed me all my graphs, just got 2 of my 4 total pulls.

Mods as follows:
manifold
02 housing
TBE
MBC
air filter

Nick claims it wouldve been somewhere around 370 to 380 AWHP if i were on a dyno jet... Im planning on getting a Dyno run somewhere just for bragging rights if ya know what i mean..
Old Aug 10, 2006, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
guys im not being rude but i gave you the thread to the noise your having. They will never find anything wrong. It is a evo noise! It will happen and not happen at any time. As Mondo has said it dosn't affect the ride. I wish there was something that would fix it but, in 3 years of looking for a solution there is no deffinitave answer. Im also wondering i've never heard of a bearing making such a loud noise. And im not sure how it could come and go.

well, the reason i thought the bearing was a plausible explanation was because of the description Jeff's friend sent me.

apperently the bearing is supposed to turn instead of the spring. if the bearing is broke the spring gets stuck, builds enough force, and that is what makes the noise. the reason they don't usually find it, is because when they take the strut/spring assembly out of the car they do it in one piece.

now honestly, i don't know enough about suspensions to really say, but it sounds plausible. and it is worth a try.

if it's not the bearing, then i will be more than willing to concede it is just an evo noise, and coilovers it shall be. hehe.

here is what Jeff forwarded to me though.

Jeff, no problem. What it sounds like from my experience is the "strut
mount bearing". The front strut mounts have a two piece bearing that is
built into the strut mount. Basically, the strut rod bolts through the
strut mount/bearing. This mount is the piece which has the three (or four
??) bolts on it that bolt through the body under the hood. The bearing
allows the whole strut to turn when you turn the steering wheel so that
the spring doesn't bind up or twist. If the mount isn't turning properly,
the spring will twist and probably move from the proper location when you
turn the wheel.
Additionally, if the bearing is blown out, the internal ball bearings
and/or other pieces may be floating around inside creating the noise he's
hearing. He should either have the dealer check it, or if he knows someone
that can SAFELY disassemble the strut WITH A SPRING COMPRESSOR, he can
remove the bearing/mount and check to see if it is coming apart. To do
this, he would remove the strut from the car, compress the spring with a
spring compressor, and then remove the single large nut on top of the
strut rod (which is visible in the middle of the strut mount).
If this is unclear or you need more info, let me know.
-Matt
at any rate, it is worth a shot. because my noise has progressed beyond to tolerable.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet