Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dennyt4
Anyone going to PRP tomorrow night? I want to go, but I've never raced before and I'm nervous. I really haven't even launched my car either. Well, I tried once, but I sucked at it and smelled clutch for 10 minutes

Can anyone give me any tips - either for the track experience in general or for launching when I get there?

For those that have been there before, what kind of times did you run?

Thanks!

honestly, you would be better off going for test and tune. the import nights with the bracket racing is pretty weak. i only got two runs in last time.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

well u should smell clutch when launchin an awd but not for 10 minutes. ya you dont wanna get out on the track and not know how to launch you will just get laughed at.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodrivesme
well u should smell clutch when launchin an awd but not for 10 minutes. ya you dont wanna get out on the track and not know how to launch you will just get laughed at.

eh, everyone has to learn sometime. besides, i've seen alot more embarrasing things at the drag strip than just blowing your launch.

although i learned at zeli flashlight drags. went up there glenn (ozrally). no times, no pressure, and he was the only one i raced against that day.

and learning on the track is alot better than learning on the street.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Do not worry about getting laughed at! kno wonder nobody want to race there cars. With that kinda advice. Here is what you need to kno. You arrive, pay your money at the gate. After that they will direct you too the area for tech inspection, it really is a basic look at the car, make sure the battery is not loose and that about it. I would remove spare tire and other stuff but , they don't require it. After that is done your ready to race. So then you wait, then wait some more, then hope nobody breaks down making you wait even more. . well now here is the important part, you will be directed to head into your lane to race, if possible avoid the water, but that is hard at prp. I repeat don't try and do a burnout! Its never going to happen, and all it does it fry the clutch. You will see the tree, with lights on it, pull up slowly till you light the first one then the second. When both are lighted you ready to go. The lights can go at any time after that, don't be suprised if they go way faster then you expect. The rest is up to you. Good luck
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Do not worry about getting laughed at! kno wonder nobody want to race there cars. With that kinda advice. Here is what you need to kno. You arrive, pay your money at the gate. After that they will direct you too the area for tech inspection, it really is a basic look at the car, make sure the battery is not loose and that about it. I would remove spare tire and other stuff but , they don't require it. After that is done your ready to race. So then you wait, then wait some more, then hope nobody breaks down making you wait even more. . well now here is the important part, you will be directed to head into your lane to race, if possible avoid the water, but that is hard at prp. I repeat don't try and do a burnout! Its never going to happen, and all it does it fry the clutch. You will see the tree, with lights on it, pull up slowly till you light the first one then the second. When both are lighted you ready to go. The lights can go at any time after that, don't be suprised if they go way faster then you expect. The rest is up to you. Good luck
That's what I was looking for - thanks!
Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Denny you will figure it out its quite simple i'm sure.

Also guys check these out, if you are interested or know anyone that is let me know so we can hook you all up with a gross deal.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=218170
Old Aug 17, 2006, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
That's what I was looking for - thanks!

also, they will most likely be running a pro tree for the import shoot out. it is a little harder to judge than a regular tree, but luckily prp has a practice tree up on their website.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/Flash/Tree.htm

few practice runs on the net before you go will help to make sure you're not confused at the line.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

I will be there, but im about 93% sure i will not race.. my clutch is taking a dump on me more and more and i feel like i have around 60% of my power... bummer, but i will see you guys there.. !! peace out everyone, my buddy bryce may show up also with his new blue IX with his horsepower freaks 3.5" TBE... He claims its loud, caint wait to see it

Ohh, and BTW.. I got a new Autometer boost gauge.. Its got the amber led behind it and it actually reads boost correctly.. not 5-8 PSI over what it should be
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Import Shootout tonight. Be there. 5:30

Ps STI im looking to try out that twin disc so i know what im getting myself into
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:40 AM

No problem
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:41 AM

[QUOTE=Peteypab2133]Import Shootout tonight. Be there. 5:30

Any one want to go watch???
Old Aug 18, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

[QUOTE=Jabba08]
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Import Shootout tonight. Be there. 5:30

Any one want to go watch???
I was going to head out to watch, but i have to get my car cleaned up tonight and put the stock catback on. Im hoping to go to the dealer tomorrow a.m. So I have to get my car ready to go....

Is there a meet tom. night? If I get to the dealer I might be able to get back in time from Ohio, depending on how everything goes?
Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So you mean to tell me tonight is bracket racing and not heads up? What kind of limp wristed F!#$! thought this up.
Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:15 AM

I thought it was heads up
Old Aug 18, 2006, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

I thought it is heads up as well. hmmm

Steve

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet