Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2006, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ozlancerblack
i am new to the pittsburgh area and new to the lancer just got mine a week ago and would like to meet up with everyone and there cars so let me know when the next meet is and i will be there

should be in two weeks on saturday at 7pm down the waterfront. unless anyone is interested in getting together next weekend.

welcome to pittsburgh by the way.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

okay that sounds good and is anyone going to the test and tune this week on wed ?
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
CONGRATS ON GETTING THE IX, its ashame the way you had to get it though happy you got one though... Hey, 60% of the local IX's are silver.. thats alot!

My GF said you should take your Girl and get her nails done now.. She is telling me its time to get off, and i should prolly listen.. GL man later
Thanks man.....Yeah it wasnt a fun but it got done and im happy. It was between red or silver for me and I liked my silver VIII so I stuck with it. I wanted them to get me a graphite gray but they couldnt find one, they said other dealerships arent letting them go? oh well......The silver is so easy to take care of
Old Aug 20, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

man i would of went thru wat u went thru times 100 to get a new IX
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the scoop:
I went to bairel for a suspension problem like 2 weeks ago? They found that my car was wrecked on the driver side. So I took it to a body shop and they also confirmed it, at this point im really pised. So I called the dealer where I bought it (Medina Mitsu) and I tell them its BS they sold me a car that wasnt what I pad for. So they asked what i wanted? of course I dont know what they could do? So I decided to sit on it over night and call in the morning, I decided if im paying that muh a month I might as well try and have a car that was supposed to be what i bought? So I asked them I wanted them to accept the car back and give me fair trade value and get me in a new IX....They agreed.

So yesterday I drove out to Medina and got there at 10am, my sales guy was with a differnet customer so it was Noon before he could start with me. So we begin dealing and its going very smooth. They are looking over my car and come in and say your turbo is broke? im like whaaaaat??? how can that be i jut drove 2 hrs here? So I take the sales guy for a drive and no power? im like wtf...am I driving Christine here? i pop the hood and see that the hose disconnected from my bov, shew...I fixed it and the car ran great. Amazingly it must have done it the second I pulled into the lot.....The sales goes and starts the pricing, they come back with a price w/ trade and new IX at 33,998. which was high because I was getting the car for 27,968 through an employe discount (thanks to Jeff). I said no way thats out of my price range. So they go back and work numbers and the owner comes out and tells me this is the best he can do. I said no it isnt, you sold me a wrecked car and you need to make this right. He goes on saying they didnt know, blah blah blah. He said look this is all were doing, basically telling me F-you leave. So i get pissed get up and leave, they told me they stand behind all cars they sell 100% but they werent and I wasnt happy about it becuase up until the owner everyone was confident they could get this done and make me happy. Well I almost left the place but my gf told me to stay so I sat in the parking lot and cooled down. Soon the salesman comes out and says look that wasnt handled right and im sorry, please stay and lets get this worked out. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt. So they came back with a better number and it was in my price range, so i said F-it i will take it. It wasnt the deal i wanted but I figured if I dont do this my current cars value will plumit and I will be screwed in the end. This is all in a window of 6hrs.....So we start paper work and that was a nightmare, they had mistakes that i picked up on. So got that fixed and then came financing, before I went out they agreed to hold a personal check until I sent them an autodraft check on monday from my bank which i was pre-approved for. Well I get out there and the owner says no way, so now I have to drive my car home or finance on there terms, then refinance monday through my credit union. I figured driving my car home then back monday is to big of a risk so I decided to just refinance. So 7.5 hrs later we get to come home, we had free tickets to the steelers game but didnt make it back in time. so my gf was really pissed about that but she knows it wasnt my fault. Then on the way back we get turned around on the wrong road and had to figure out how to get to the road we needed to be on. Then on the toll road I realize I didnt have enough money to cover my toll. So im like great now what? I paid 2.25 in Ohio and then 2 miles later PA wants 3.00. I was .17 cents short and he made me write a personal check, haha.....Another toll booth lady is screaming let them go, just let them go its 17 cents!! well he didnt and I sat at the tollbooth and wrote a check

Thats my story, its long and im sure boring....but it was just a crazyass long day for me. Sorry its so long, I held out as much detail as I could
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
should be in two weeks on saturday at 7pm down the waterfront. unless anyone is interested in getting together next weekend.

welcome to pittsburgh by the way.
Im game for a meet saturday night......
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

I just met a silver 05 at Pittsburgh Mills last night. He said he wasn't on Evo M or anything. I told him to check out the local sites and come to some of our meets. I think he said he lived in Vandergrift. Hopefully he'll be up and posting soon.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

ya trav man but was it worth it how r u likin the IX. Ok guys i got my next project lined up tell me if u aprove or not im goin to do a 98 mirage 6.5tme awd swap basically a evo 6 conversion its been done before, im fairly good wit engine work and **** like that so will see what happens money permiting best part is i would have all the key features of a evo but payin the insurance of a mirage thats the only thing keepin me from just buyin a damn evo is the insurance maybe i just been lookin at parts on the internet to long and this is a stupid idea

Last edited by ozrally0303; Aug 20, 2006 at 01:42 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2006, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

I like it.....I will just be glad to get the break-in over!!!!

I already had my laptop hooked up and made some changes to the afr, they run like pigs from the factory.....So I made some safe initial changes
Old Aug 20, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ozrally0303
ya trav man but was it worth it how r u likin the IX. Ok guys i got my next project lined up tell me if u aprove or not im goin to do a 98 mirage 6.5tme awd swap basically a evo 6 conversion its been done before, im fairly good wit engine work and **** like that so will see what happens money permiting best part is i would have all the key features of a evo but payin the insurance of a mirage thats the only thing keepin me from just buyin a damn evo is the insurance maybe i just been lookin at parts on the internet to long and this is a stupid idea

i will be jealous. i would kill someone for a 6.5 tme.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 07:41 AM

Petey pab...sorry man was stuck with the wife all weekend!! Also I was kinda trying to wait till I got the AEM EMS installed along with the Buschurs straight meth/alcohol kit along with their coil on plug kit b4 I brought the evo back out, but if you want to meet up this week I m game. Let me know? Guys and girls I have an Apexi Power FC standalone for sale with commander. $850 bucks. I also have an xs ignition amplifier for sale now that im getting coil on plug, but ask dave buschur about the ignition amp he ran one and liked it alot.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ozrally0303
That would be a great sleeper.....I would say go for it if you have the funds, could be a fun project
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
Former Sponsor

So are any of the locals interested in the last few things I have from my EVO MR? the car had 7k when i traded it in.. I am ready to hear an resonable offer for the exhuast, and gauges/pod. I really dont want to pack this stuff up to move

here is the link

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...9&page=1&pp=15

Thanks guys

let me know

Mark
Old Aug 21, 2006, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

wouldn't mind that FMIC but i'm low on money. Good luck mark, sad to see you are tearing that beautiful car of yours down :'(.

Steve
Old Aug 21, 2006, 12:22 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
wouldn't mind that FMIC but i'm low on money. Good luck mark, sad to see you are tearing that beautiful car of yours down :'(.

Steve
Thanks Steve! yea,, it really sucked watching it go since i babied it soo much. But let me know if you end up needing the FMIC, I will let the upper and lower polished pipes with red Tial bov with the FMIC go seperate from the Turbo kit for sure.

Thanks
Mark

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet