Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is a repost of Info on a previous page from Mike

12121 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA. Also here is
the link. http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/news.html Kinda cool the Pittspeed.com guys
will have there "Pinks" car there. Glad to see there is some interest.

Website says it starts at 6pm. Any idea when it ends? I may drive by as I am having dinner until 8 or so.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

idk, it looks like its an ANTI japanese car fest. But there seems to be some badass cars there. I might check this out.

Steve
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

no there will be some imports its the import night and it ends like 10:30
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlowboyMR
keep in mind you will need a slide hammer to pull the intermediate shafts out of the transfer case. The Cv shafts come right off, then you need a slide hammer and we have a welded nut/bolt that we screw in and slide hammer out. thats really the only safe way to remove the intermeditate shafts out. on the ground, the ACD trans/transfer cases are an absolute b**ch. It took me 5hrs on the lift.. add about three for pissing around with things and not being able to put the car up and down. good luck

mark
Thanks for the input, will come useful when needed during the job.. I must stay confident and not be worried... Im starting to think you guys are getting paid from local shops to persuade me to have them do it I dont even have the clutch yet and there is this much hype lol cant wait to just get it over with
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Thanks for the input, will come useful when needed during the job.. I must stay confident and not be worried... Im starting to think you guys are getting paid from local shops to persuade me to have them do it I dont even have the clutch yet and there is this much hype lol cant wait to just get it over with
hahah.. I c ould careless where you get it done or if you do it. But the slide hammer is a $100.00 tool and you have to order a cheap one in, or pay even more for a Matco or snap-on one locally.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, we got a FEW sets of Volks in stock. 1 set for the evo 2 for the wrx. Let me know if you or anyone you know is interested. Prices are very low compared to other vendors.

Steve
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oppie20
Here is a repost of Info on a previous page from Mike

12121 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA. Also here is
the link. http://www.starlitecarcruise.com/news.html Kinda cool the Pittspeed.com guys
will have there "Pinks" car there. Glad to see there is some interest.

Website says it starts at 6pm. Any idea when it ends? I may drive by as I am having dinner until 8 or so.

yeah what's the deal with this? are we meeting ahead of time to roll out there? or is everyone just going to try to find their own way?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SlowboyMR
hahah.. I c ould careless where you get it done or if you do it. But the slide hammer is a $100.00 tool and you have to order a cheap one in, or pay even more for a Matco or snap-on one locally.
Im going to have to ask my brother if he has on in his bag of tricks!
if not, Auto supermarket rents tools.. Man i have a few projects ahead of me.. Changing the struts windshield and transmission on my saturn next friday then the week after that is the EVO...
Old Aug 25, 2006, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Eric,

Sounds like you have a busy few weeks ahead of you. I am confident you will be able to to all the tranny works, just realize its going to be a PITA on jacks thats all, but its possible to get done. Several people on this forum have done it, and have provided very good write ups with house hold items you can use to help remove some parts. Good luck with everything and let me knwo if you need anything.

Also guys... next meet?

Steve
Old Aug 25, 2006, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

well, i will see whoever is going to wexford in a few, i am gonna take a shower and roll out.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 01:55 PM

petey pab dont forget to add re-flash to your signature where you have your mods listed
Old Aug 25, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

all the hype is cause u sounded like u were doin it this weekend just tryin to help u out im somone who built my own turbo kit and put it on in my driveway i rember how big of a pain in the *** puttin an exhaust and pullin the oil pan was because i did it on jack stands im just sayin if u never did a clutch before and this is ur first one and ur tryin on a brand new 9 that just doesnt seem like something i would try good luck tho and worst case it doesnt work out u can just tow it to a shop and get it done
Old Aug 26, 2006, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

so who here has a white evo 8 ? haha i was driving down highway 8 and he was screwing with my slow lancer haha i thought it was funny it was around ten last night

Last edited by ozlancerblack; Aug 26, 2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

only person is oppie on the boards i dont think he would screw wit u tho
Old Aug 26, 2006, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by ozlancerblack
so who here has a white evo 8 ? haha i was driving down highway 8 and he was screwing with my slow lancer haha i thought it was funny it was around ten last night
It wasn't me.

Speaking of look a likes OZ there is a car up here in Beaverland I saw today that looks almost identical to yours. Didn't apprear to have any power modifications though.

I did drive by the starlight cruise thing last night but I got there pretty late. Well after 9pm. It was empty so I just left.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet