Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2006, 03:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, how's it going? I have a few clutch questions...

I made 307 on Buschur's dyno in August, and I now have my meth setup installed and will be getting tuned on Wed. at SlowBoy. I'm not sure what horsepower I will end up with, or what the SlowBoy dyno shows compared to Buschur - all I know is it reads a lot higher. I'm guessing/hoping for mid 300's.

I don't need a clutch yet since I have no slippage and no launching, but I'm quite sure it won't last long with even more power than I already have. So what is a good clutch to hold the power? I am not looking to track it very much - maybe once or twice to see what I can do in the 1/4 mile & I would like to try an auto-x event some time . It is my daily driver, so I don't think a twin disk will be a good choice, but I don't know what is. Hopefully there is something that is about the same or slightly heavier to push and holds the power. Also, what flywheel will I want to go with?

Thanks for any advice.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just got my exedy twin in and in all honesty it is real close pedal feel to stock u can actually slip it more than u would think making it drive like stock. as far as meth and slowboys dyno u will definitly be mid to upper mid 300's on their dyno. good luck and enjoy
Old Oct 2, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

oh and if u dont race much and u know how to make a clutch last u will be suprised by the stocker. i had raced my stocker alot mostly 1/4 with 1.6 60's and i replaced it at 18k miles on it. and in all actuallity it was still holdin up it never did slip out on the highway it would smell real bad after launching but it always came back for more. i could consistently get low 1.7 high 1.6's out of it repeatidly
Old Oct 2, 2006, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

little news update on the whip , got it a 10a.m. dyno appointment with Dr. Dave Buschur for its badly needed tune. maybe i will be able to get this thing to the track again this year just in time for the best race weather of the year
Old Oct 2, 2006, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

Dan i hope you to get everything squared away. With buschur behind the computer and behind the wheel of your car i am sure we will see great things!

Dan is the man! Dan is the man! Dan is the man! Dan is the man! Dan is the man! Dan is the man!

Thats the new chant dan.

Steve
Old Oct 2, 2006, 04:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
oh and if u dont race much and u know how to make a clutch last u will be suprised by the stocker. i had raced my stocker alot mostly 1/4 with 1.6 60's and i replaced it at 18k miles on it. and in all actuallity it was still holdin up it never did slip out on the highway it would smell real bad after launching but it always came back for more. i could consistently get low 1.7 high 1.6's out of it repeatidly
Thanks Dan - and best of luck with your tune!!! I'm sure it will be awesome.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

appreciated fellas, evo nation denny get the twin u will thank urself single plates abuse the tc/tranny grip too hard u can slip the twin so in daily traffic makes life smooth
Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Dan,

I agree, however the ACT works out great, and its a single disc. It all depends on what you want. However since i have only sold Exedy Twin plates and have yet to drive one with it, i think when my current clutch goes i am going to get a twin and see for myself (thats IF the $$$ situation is right, if not i'll just replace the act disc).

steve
Old Oct 2, 2006, 05:56 PM

Well Dan i m going to have Dr. Dave start building the new heart very soon. So fellas, its a perfect time to buy my GT3076r. Its a great street turbo and can put you to 11.1 on some race gas in the Qt mile. Dr. Dave has a lot of work to do for me. I have an AEM EMS, meth kit, the GT3582r just sitting here, but no heart. Soon, very soon.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 06:27 AM
Evolved Member

Anybody getting tickets to see Saliva on the gateway clipper Oct. 27th? Its 20 bucks.... Its from 9-12, and a ton of fun. I went last year and saw Institute on it, good times. Beer is a little on the expensive side so plan to drink before you get on the boat! (if you drink)
Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Here is a heads up for anyone interested in open lap days at beaver run. On sunday oct 29 there is a flat out fun day. This is being sponsered bye the pit stop Mini club. and you don't have to drive a mini to race! this is the first of its kind, as for the $165 you get a typical open lap day on the north track. also they will have auto-x going on that you can race in between sessions. a drive on the cart track. with your cars, which should be a blast. and a steeler party starting for the game. So you actually could be racing your car for hours on end if you wanted. Well hope to see some of you make this as it is on a sunday.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

wats up with the name dan and havin crazy evos lol
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:06 PM

I agree with steelcity on the issue of having a twin disk for daily driving. I actually prefer the twin over the stock clutch. It has slightly heavier pedal pressure but is much more smooth on the street for me. My stocker had 29k on it and was still holding after quite a few launches and 1/4 runs with my best being a 12.1 and many 1.6-1.8 60's. I have no regrets putting this clutch on my car and encourage you to check it out if money is not an issue.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:13 PM

What was your 60 foot and mph at 12.1? Also what gas did you use, and how many lbs of boost? I love my exedy twin and will be moving up to an exedy triple disc. It feels better than stock and you can beat the **** out of it. It also hold ups to 600whp ( dynojet).
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:25 PM

I always use 93 and boost was 23. I gotta find my slip for the exact numbers but obviously 60 ft would be in the 1.6x and trap ~113. I need to get back to the track with the new tranny/ clutch setup though.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet