Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2006, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sti killer 187
No those numbers were all tuned. Every time they put a mod on they flashed the car. I talked to nate. Buschurs packages are not his mustang number they are crank numbers.
Dan,

Not trying to start any beef at all, just letting you know how we did it.

We did each mod, and dyno'd each mod. With the filter, the full Exhaust, the and the FMIC, we did no tuning at all. When we put the Megan Racing o2 housing, and manifold, was the same time we got our flash software in the shop. We started tuning from there. But, we did make 298/277 with no tuning, on a full exhaust, FMIC, and Vibrant Intake. Check it out here:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=slowboy

On a 50/50 mix of pump/race gas, we made 470 last night. 3076 kit, nothing changed at all.

Chris
SBR Sales
Old Oct 6, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

This is from this thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...&page=17&pp=15

Scroll down and you shall see......whp from his dyno (299whp) on stock cat

"From David Buschur

This is an old topic. I really appreciate you comments on the car Tom Selleck!

Dave does not work at Medina Mitsubishi anymore. Anyone interested in one of these cars can contact me or Medina directly.

BTW, the last two EVO9 BR350 cars we have dyno'd made over 290 whp on our dyno, the last one being 299 whp. This is on the **** poor 87 octane they are shipped here with, pretty amazing.

We have now sold 27 cars with the BR package on them."
Old Oct 6, 2006, 08:59 AM

Thanks chris thats what i was talking about. The manifold was the first. Im going on what they claim on his site. 350hp 355ftlbs for the br350 thats not to the wheels. As for the numbers..look at marios eclipse who come to our meets, ported head( much better than mivec) built block built head , 50 trim(bigger than 9 turbo) 272 cams. Mustang dyno 278whp 19lbs on meth 25 lbs 318whp. So how are peteys numbers higher than his on a mustang? Thanks for the info chris...does it make sense to you? 300 something on buschurs 361 on sbr. I made 451 at sbr but baselined with that tune at 312 at br.

Last edited by sti killer 187; Oct 6, 2006 at 10:58 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 09:01 AM

Dan,

Usually differences like that are uncommon. I'd guess either the tune on his was changed before he got on our dyno, or the tune on yours was changed before you got on BR's. Since I'm pretty sure your's didn't change, I'd suspect MAYBE bad gas?

Theres a lot of factors that come into play. Temperature, Humidity, stuff like that.

Chris

Last edited by C-Rolla; Oct 6, 2006 at 09:03 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 09:05 AM

Well steelcity is there now at br...hes going to call me as soon as he gets a number. So we will see what his are. Steelcity and I are making appt at sbr to get baselines so we will see. Petey you should come as well. It was 95 degrees and humid as hell when i went so...lets say add 20whp. Im still only at 360whp. I think the gas was alright in my ride. I wasnt getting any crazy knock. Marios car did better with nates 2nd tune just the other week. When he first went to the mustang he made 278 at 22lbs..as you see this time he made the same power at only 19lbs.

Last edited by sti killer 187; Oct 6, 2006 at 09:08 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 09:07 AM

Yeah, no doubt. Give me a call, and I'll make sure you guys got some time.

Have SteelCity call me with a number. I want to know what he puts down!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

I know buschurs site claims 350, that is crank. Yor right, but i posted what dave said he dyno'd them at. He had his last one hit 299 whp? Im just using that in comparison with what denny has in bolt-ons since you couldnt believe he made 300whp on buschurs since they take a lot of mods to hit 300. I wasnt trying to argue just stating some facts to back up dennys 300whp at buschur?
Old Oct 6, 2006, 09:20 AM

EVO Pricing

Hey guys, I still have that VIP pricing if anyone is, or knows of anyone interested. Just shoot me an e-mail Jeffrey.Cermak@na.mitsubishi-motors.com.

They just priced the loaded 06 raider extended cab 4x4 at $19,000 and the four door at $23,000 almost $10,000 off sticker. Evo discounts are still the same.

Mondo, I'm still having people look into your problem.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 09:26 AM

I hear ya buddy...like i said im not bashing or disagreeing with you in anyway. Im glad for denny and petey. Im just trying to figure how they made such a high number. Like I said look at marios car. Nothing left to do and he made 280 at 19lbs on a mustang. So lets say he ran 22 on pump, it would still be ard 300whp on a mustang. If he went to sbr he would make at least 400+whp on pump. He went on a great day also(weather was awesome).
Old Oct 6, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

I can see the discrepancy there, but really its so hard to pinpoint why since they are 2 totally different dynos and were all done on differnet days? Its just one of those unexplained issues of dyno tuning, which is why its just not always the best means of comparison when trying to figure out why one guy did this and another did this.... 1/4 mile times will tell the story of who is making actual big power and who made big power on a dyno?

I would def. take your car to sbr and see what there dyno reads with your buschur tune? Maybe there dyno was having issues that day or something, who knows?

Plus the IX's are seriously crazy when modded, you can spend way less and get a much bigger gain over an VIII. That has been proven for sure. Which is why I showed Buschur dyno'd at 299whp with a BR350. I mean basically 300 whp with a IC pipes, 2.5" dp, 3" catback, and stock cat with air filter and BR tune? Thats pretty impressive when you add that up cost wise.....
Old Oct 6, 2006, 10:42 AM

Thats why i m waiting to hear from dan(steelcity) just to compare what his numbers are on br mustang. We have all the same mods but he went on a much better day. I m going back to sbr for sure to see if im higher than the 451 i put up with nates tune on pump. When i just put the 3076r on i made 395whp on sbr dyno. with cams it went 451whp.

Last edited by sti killer 187; Oct 6, 2006 at 11:00 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sti killer 187
Denny I cant believe you made 300whp on buschurs but only 361 whp on slowboys. I made 451 on SBR dyno with nates tune and baselined at 312whp on buschurs mustang with nates tune. Then I gained 30whp extra with daves tune and ended up at 339whp, which is probably close to 500whp on SBR. So I think something was wrong with Buschurs dyno when you went or the correction method was different than what dave uses, because if you were making 300+whp on buschurs you should have made at leat 400 on sbr dyno. I want to see what petey pab makes on SBR's dyno also cause those numbers seem high for the number of mods. If you look at sbr website they give a timeline of a evo 9, baseline the stock 9, then show how much power each mod they put on adds. To make 300whp on br dyno takes a lot of mods, and if 451whp at sbr = 312whp at br somethings up.
Well I don't know what you want me to say? I mean, I have no reason to lie about what happened on each day. All I can tell you is what I saw.

My first run on SBR was 342 and second baseline was 326 (I believe those were the numbers - and not sure why they were so different), which was my tune from Al from August - the same that made 307 at Buschur with a baseline of 242. To be honest, I expected lower at Buschur, but then since I came in so high there, I was expecting higher at SBR. If I were to guess, SBR is more than likely the one that was correct. By correct, I mean what the dyno normally reads. I do know that Nate seemed pretty happy with my numbers since all I have are the TBE, MBS, cone filter, Walbro, and 50/50 meth.

If I remember correctly, I actually think I remember Dave Buschur posting the week after I was there about the results of the Shootout and stating that he thought his dyno was running higher numbers than normal, which would obviously explain a lot. I can't remember where he posted it though if someone wants to go back and look it up - should have been somewhere in the August 10-17th timeframe. All I really cared about at Buschur was to get the hell out of there after screwing up my radiator and having to pay for a new one! LOL So all that mattered to me was that I gained 60+WHP!

I do know that I like the SBR tune much better than Al's The car sounds better and runs smoother, so I'm happy with it. And regardless of what numbers you go by, I gained more power.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:02 AM

Thats all that matters here as well. Nate is the is one of the best at tuning. Like I said im happy for everyone. I want the pgh scene to be big. SBR is going to help with the build of my new crazy drag setup.

Last edited by sti killer 187; Oct 6, 2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:03 AM
Account Disabled

Dyno's

You cannot compare a 65K Mustang Dyno to a 120K Dyna-pack when it comes to consistency and accuracy.

For instance, if you made 330 WHP on a Mustand Dyno, but run 120 MPH trap speeds, do you think for one second your only making 330 WHP in a 3300 LB car?

STI Killer, looking forward to your trip back, I am anxious to see what the numbers say myself

http://www.slowboyracing.com/dynogra...oix/evo470.jpg

Mike Huml
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:07 AM

My chart is on your website already hafe kit pump gas and cams....http://www.slowboyracing.com/dynogra...451HafeKit.jpg So you think im really closer to 451whp than 340whp mike?

Last edited by sti killer 187; Oct 6, 2006 at 11:10 AM.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet