Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SBR INC
You cannot compare a 65K Mustang Dyno to a 120K Dyna-pack when it comes to consistency and accuracy.

Well I have no problem telling anyone I made 361 at SBR, I'm very proud of it, and extremely happy. So glad SBR is around here and not hours away!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its the same?

If you take the same tune....same day.....side by side.....Dyno on a mustang at 340whp. Then unhook and setup on a dynapack and lay down 450whp. Then unhook and go to the track eventhough those numbers are that different you will net the exact same 1/4 mile time. Thats why dyno numbers in the end dont mean ****. The track proves it all.

The dyno gives you a comparison to tune so you know what changes are good vs. bad. Thats why you always need to go back to the same dyno when making changes, so you can see the actual gains that are made.

Its the same with dyno software on a logger.....yes its not accurate to a real life dyno but if you make changes and see that logger dyno increase in power you know that change helped and made the car more powerful?

Last edited by travman; Oct 6, 2006 at 11:26 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
eventhough those numbers are that different you will net the exact same 1/4 mile time. Thats why dyno numbers in the end dont mean ****. The track proves it all.
HAHAHA +1 Travis
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:25 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by sti killer 187
My chart is on your website already hafe kit pump gas and cams....http://www.slowboyracing.com/dynogra...451HafeKit.jpg So you think im really closer to 451whp than 340whp mike?
I agree with your statement, yes.

I am no math major, but that is about 25% lower than my dyno's readings.

For instance, Nates car last year would run 145-146 MPH on our dyno that was a 650 WHP tune on his car. At a 25% loss, that would put me at 487 WHP.... I know 487 WHP even in a 2500 LB car would not run 145 MPH traps, especially with Nate driving (Sorry Nate, you are getting better).... so yes, I would say most Dyno Jets or Dyna Packs will give you very accurate readings.

My favorite dyno is obviously Dyna Pak, however the Dyno Dynamics is a very close second, and even this dyno is known to only be about 8-10% lower than mine.

Mike Huml
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by travman
Its the same?

If you take the same tune....same day.....side by side.....Dyno on a mustang at 340whp. Then unhook and setup on a dynapack and lay down 450whp. Then unhook and go to the track eventhough those numbers are that different you will net the exact same 1/4 mile time. Thats why dyno numbers in the end dont mean ****. The track proves it all.
Dyno numbers tell you how the car performs, 1/4 mile MPH and ET tell you how the driver performs in a particular car.

So, the track only proves how good of a driver you are, and the only time you should not compare dyno numbers are one dyno to another, or on a different day!

Mike Huml
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Ok so you take the same car, same tune, same day....Dyno 340 on a mustang, then dyno 450 on a dynapack. Go to the track with the same driver and the car runs the same trap speeds? Power is identical but the "power numbers" are different.....??

Its the same amount of power, its just 2 different dynos putting out 2 different numbers but in the end the track times prove the car is making an estimated amount of power.

A dyno shows calculated and measured numbers......track times and trap speeds will show performance in the end, 120 mph is 120 mph whether one dyno says 340whp or the other shows 450hp.

People can fudge dynos to make bigger numbers but on the track they might not fair quite as well? which shows that car isnt making the power that the dyno showed.

BTW, there is finally some discussion going on....I like it
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

hey me and a coulpe of my friends are going to cruise around tonight and take some pics of our cars down town, if any one wants to join up we are going around 9 and you can pm me if you want to know were

luke
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Whats funny is
buschur loves his mustang dyno?
SBR likes the dynapack?
Other places like dynojet?

I mean how can we set a level of performance by a measured number when differnet tuners prefer different devices? The dyno is a great tool no doubt, but unless you stay with the same dyno when making changes you prove nothing and it turns into assumptions until you take it to the track and see the actual gains come alive....which is proven through track times/speed

Thats my understanding?
Old Oct 6, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolving Member

Track proves exactly what the driver and his car at the same time are made of. A lot of the reason to having certain dynos is because of money. Dynos are great but take into consideration that all dynos read differently, some higher, some lower. So dyno numbers while they do mean something. The can mean **** when you have 2 people comparing numbers from a dynapack to a mustang to a dynojet. However i'm sure we all have known these basics.

However i wish there was a better alternative that became the standard for all dyno testing. Cars are not made out of 2 different measuring systems now are they? So why are there 3 ways to measure whp (other than the money factor)... None is the true answer. Hopefully, one day, there will be a standard.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Oct 6, 2006, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

heres a level of performance to compare buschurs 8 sec evo to slowboys. come on guys slowboy reals u in with decent prices then pushes u away after a while with there lies yins are just startin to experience them ull learn i mean sure there decent for like tuners just startin out but once u go above and beyond buschur wins that title lets stop all the ***** *** internet fighting

Last edited by ozrally0303; Oct 6, 2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 03:01 PM

Without starting a vendor war here, let me please respond to the last post.

As far as the 8 second Evo, we give props to BR for that. Beleive me, I know he's been working for it for a long time. We don't have a drag evo. We didn't want a drag evo. Mike has his PERSONAL street car that he puts some minor mods on. He doesn't go all out on it. Now, with that said, we aren't as big into Drag Racing, as we are into say RALLY. Our Rally Evo 4 took 3rd in the last race it was in. It was less then a minute behind Travis Pastrana's WRC prepped car. By the way, this was the first race in which we had a chance to put our powerplant in the car. As far as pulling customers in with decent prices, thats right. We buy a lot of stuff, so we get good pricing, and can sell it cheaper. Are you going to pay more for the same product?

If you're really upset, email me with your gripe. Let me take a look at it, and maybe I can help make it right.

It's only an email, what can it hurt? There are guys who will read this who have talked to me, and I've gone out of my way to make it right. Its up to them to post, but I'll do my best to help everyone.

Chris Boone
SlowBoy Racing Inc.
1-724-349-8417 x16
cab@slowboyracing.com

Last edited by C-Rolla; Oct 10, 2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

I got my car back today! Woohoo!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 6, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

ok back from buschur racing first off a big thumbs up to dave straight forward guy took his time set me up however i wanted to run the car and leaded me in the right direction with great advice. the results are in right off the dyno sheets first is pump gas 380whp/306lb.ft @ 21.5psi tourque curve is flat as hell and all the way to redline honestly it never falls off like the stock turbo , as well as hp all the way to 7k its on a rise more revs would = more power for sure dave stopped the testing at 7k. now for 104 octane same map just more boost 420whp/336lb.ft. @ 25.5 psi once again power all the way out both hp and tq. i am sure if he would have mapped a second map for the 104 we could have gotten more but we were already on the dyno 3hrs at that point . both tunes are very conservitive low 11afr's but pulls like a raped ape none the less
Old Oct 6, 2006, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

awesome........
Old Oct 6, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
ok back from buschur racing first off a big thumbs up to dave straight forward guy took his time set me up however i wanted to run the car and leaded me in the right direction with great advice. the results are in right off the dyno sheets first is pump gas 380whp/306lb.ft @ 21.5psi tourque curve is flat as hell and all the way to redline honestly it never falls off like the stock turbo , as well as hp all the way to 7k its on a rise more revs would = more power for sure dave stopped the testing at 7k. now for 104 octane same map just more boost 420whp/336lb.ft. @ 25.5 psi once again power all the way out both hp and tq. i am sure if he would have mapped a second map for the 104 we could have gotten more but we were already on the dyno 3hrs at that point . both tunes are very conservitive low 11afr's but pulls like a raped ape none the less
That great - has to be A LOT of fun to drive! Way to go!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet