Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2006, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
daaaaamn straight
Old Oct 11, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
So how many Dan's do we have? Sure are alot. I can't wait to be a knight at this round table. Can we battle? i think that any racing is racing. We should all just get out and use our cars. Sure stuff breaks, but that just means better parts to fix them. . Hell 26,000 and still the stock clutch. "sometimes things don't break". Altho im thinkin i got the magical clutch upgrade that Steelcity had. Actually can't wait till i get to put a new one in. along with cams, injectors, fuel rail, coilovers, wheels, suspesion bushings. And then a nice corner weight and allignment. Boy going to be a fun winter. And before you say anything Mondo, its obviously never going to stop.

actually, what i was thinking this time was F you for getting 26k outta your stock clutch.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

hey is anyone here running a lightened flywheel? i think i am gonna order my new exedy clutch kit from gruppe-s next week, and i was thinking of getting one of their kits with the 10.5 lb flywheel.

anyone here have any insight on that to sharE?
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

i am running the prostreet flywheel... no problems at all.

Steve
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Are you getting the twin-disk? or the organic clutch kit?
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:13 AM

Justin, if you go with the twin disk it comes with a lightened flywheel! I have the twin and it's awesome! I think any one thats using them would agree!
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

right now i was just looking at their single disk exedy kit with flywheel. i figure by the time i achieve power levels that will require a twin disk, it will be time to replace the clutch again anyways.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
From page 236, I do agree that fine tuning a tune done on the dyno will, sometimes gain some more. I do spend a lot of time checking logs and such at the track. To be honest though, after a car comes off the dyno here it is rare that the tune at the track needs to be changed at all. I am usually checking knock counts and changing two step settings when you see me running around at the track between cars.

SBR Chris,

Glad we are in agreement on the Dynapak and Dynojet numbers. We agree that if you dyno on one of those and then go to another the numbers are very similar. That brings me to my point........you knew there would be a point. If the numbers are very similar I don't care what math equation they use to come up with the final numbers, they can tell you they calculate it differently all they want but in the end if the sum is still "400" it doesn't much matter how you got there. You know like 4+5+5=14 and 2+(6x2)=14. Still the same in the end. My original statement was Dynojets numbers reflect flywheel horsepower numbers and Dynapaks must too as the numbers are very close to the same from both dynos.

As I said, there was a big article on the originator of Dynojet, he openly admitted to making the numbers on Dynojets match the numbers he was seeing on an engine dyno for a Vmax motorcycle. That was my point. Both dyno's spit out larger numbers than are realistic. In the end if you make more power than you started with, it was a good day and that's all the dyno is really for.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

Our next Local Pittsburgh Meet is on Satuday October 21, 2006 at 7pm.

Location will be at the Waterfront near Homestead PA behind AMC-Lowes theater across from the Marriot hotel and the Costco Construction Site.

At this meet I hope to bring my laptop/cable and whoever would like I would be happy to backup their ECU ROM's for them and keep them for them.

We can also do some logging at the meet.

Please respond in this thead if you plan on attending.

So far we have:
SteveEvo8
Evol.ved
SteelCityEvo8
MondoBongo
OzRalley303
Jerdeitzel
EvoDan

See you there.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:59 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by dan l
Not being smart but if/when you get a chance street tune a car in second, third, and fourth gear. Watch the A/F ratios. Why is it different each gear. What is changing. I challange you, why are things changing? We are only watchin a SINGLE variable, the mixture. Is the dyno an approximation of real the real world. I say yes.

I get a lot of **** everyday for being an engineer and not living in the "real world". However I understand differences such as data from a dyno and data from the real world. Approximation from a dyno is fine. However real world telemetry from the quarter mile pass in question is the essentialy the final answer. The real ET and real trap speed speak while the dyno number is, just, a number.

I'm fine with "tuning" on a dyno. However I'd never leave it at that. The car has to see the track and collect some real world data. If this wasn't true then people like David Buschur wouldn't be walking around looking at AEM logs and fine tuning cars at the track, correct David?
Dan,

What does the 1/4 mile E.T and MPH tell you?

You say this:

Approximation from a dyno is fine. However real world telemetry from the quarter mile pass in question is the essentialy the final answer. The real ET and real trap speed speak
A dyno tells you how the car is performing.

A 1/4 mile run tells you how the driver performs in said car.

How could anyone argue this?

If you would like to argue, put me in your car and see what happens

Mike Huml
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha...

Hey guys, i know we all have talked about getting more cars to turn up to the meets. Well here is a thought. I am posting up on all the boards i'm a member on about these bi-monthly meets. So far i have posted on GTO boards, svt boards. If you have forums you belong to and want to inform people go ahead. To keep things easy if you want provide them this link http://forum.gnvmotorsports.com/showthread.php?t=189

I always keep that up to speed as far as date and time is concerened. That way they dont' have to go through all the talking we do on here just to find out the time of the meets.

Thanks guys, and lets get this goin!

Steve
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Our next Local Pittsburgh Meet is on Satuday October 21, 2006 at 7pm.

Location will be at the Waterfront near Homestead PA behind AMC-Lowes theater across from the Marriot hotel and the Costco Construction Site.

At this meet I hope to bring my laptop/cable and whoever would like I would be happy to backup their ECU ROM's for them and keep them for them.

We can also do some logging at the meet.

Please respond in this thead if you plan on attending.

So far we have:
SteveEvo8
Evol.ved
SteelCityEvo8
MondoBongo
OzRalley303
Jerdeitzel
EvoDan

See you there.
I would be there, but will be here instead!

http://lsprorally.com/

Besides, I could come over again, have everyone pretend to be nice to me, and still have OzRalley303 post crap about me and my company the very next day on here. That was a classic. Glad he could tell me in person he had a problem, it often always happens this way!

Rock on.

Mike Huml
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Mike,

I'll argue that 1/4 mile times are 50/50. The skill of the driver and the power of your car.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet