Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Haha you wernt giving the thumbs down on sunday night when we were doing drifting in my evo lol ehh, it wasnt really drifiting it was more like when the clutch grabbed and caught wind of the power, the tires broke loose and sent us sideways

Anyways, someone donate me a clutch!!!
wuzup eric, just was checkin out our race video on the parkway that ur lady filmed for us we need to get together and make some more vids before the snow gets here what u think? i know ur down. i am about to start my steelcityracing thread dedicated towards the streetracer in all of us or racing of any sort for that matter
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm in for that Dan! Finally got the clutch installed - now just need to find the boost leak because I'm stuck at that magical 12 psi Hopefully he has time to get it back in tomorrow!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

wutup denny what clutch did u end up with? i would love to get all racer's together find some nice stretches and do some video action
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

I got the ACT XTSS and ACT flywheel. Feels pretty good - I think it might need adjusted just slightly, but can't tell for sure until I can consistantly hit full boost.

I'll tell you the best place that I have gone a few times for some "fun" is meeting up with the Cobalt/SS guys out at Pep Boys in Gbg, doing some runs against anything that comes by, and then heading down to the Mt. Pleasant Wal Mart and doing some good runs on 119. Those guys are young (at least to my old *** LOL) but they are actually pretty cool. Their cars are actually pretty quick - none have beat me, but they beat a lot of other stuff. Plus when you get down to Wal Mart, they are mostly Mustangs - lots of fun

Anyway, 119 would be a good place to make some videos. Let me know if anything is going on.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
wuzup eric, just was checkin out our race video on the parkway that ur lady filmed for us we need to get together and make some more vids before the snow gets here what u think? i know ur down. i am about to start my steelcityracing thread dedicated towards the streetracer in all of us or racing of any sort for that matter

Bad *** man, im excited... We need to get one started with PRP races, drags times, meet times and of course the illegal stuff Nothing better than knowing in advance where the hang out spots are... As for these pep boy kids, we need to go show them up already...
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Bad *** man, im excited... We need to get one started with PRP races, drags times, meet times and of course the illegal stuff Nothing better than knowing in advance where the hang out spots are... As for these pep boy kids, we need to go show them up already...
Show them up why? They are actually pretty cool. Given, they originally thought they were gonna pull on me, but I put them in their place It's a lot of fun - more fun than standing at the Waterfront since we actually get some runs in instead of running inside for the night. Plus, they are out all the time and if they say they are coming, they come! Hell they are out somewhere probably 5 nights out of the week, and half of them are from the other side of Pittsburgh - I'd say they are enthusiasts so I'm not sure what you are going to "show them up" on?

Did you get a big turbo yet Eric? I forget - I think I saw a post that you were getting one but I wasn't sure if you did or not. Still running the Al flash? Have you done any logging on that tune? I ended up seeing a lot of knock on mine after logging it for a few nights.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

sound like fun meets. However i seem to enjoy our current set up, we just need to get more cars to show up. If they are so hardcore, like you say they are. I am sure they will be able to make it to the meets we hold every other 2 weeks. I would have NO problem with other cars coming.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

To each his own Steve...I was telling Dan and Eric because they are out this way and because I know they both like to run for fun.

I guess I should have stayed out of this thread like I have been doing since all that is discussed is the difference in dynos and how no one shows up at meets.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

yo denny i had seen a few of those boys up at prp. and actually they are kinda fast not real quick with the fwd and all but their mph were pretty strong. next time u hit up the greensburg spot let me know u know i only live 5 minutes from u and about 10 from the greensburg pepboys
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

man i remember when irwin was the HOT SPOT streetracing going down every week like all day everyday . but that kinda died down out that way a little. but they still have the car cruise every saturday in the spring/summer. mostly hotrods but i would like to see some of us east end guys promote the import representation out there. denny there are like 5 of us evo's in our hood we could get a nice little local following going out this way if we organize this **** a bit [STEELCITYRACING is looking for racers who is in?]
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

yo denny i had seen a few of those boys up at prp. and actually they are kinda fast not real quick with the fwd and all but their mph were pretty strong. next time u hit up the greensburg spot let me know u know i only live 5 minutes from u and about 10 from the greensburg pepboys
Sounds good Dan - I'll let you know. They usually go out there around 9:30-10.

I am in no way saying they are the fastest things in the world, but for FWD they are better than I expected. After running them, I can guarantee that if a stock Evo runs into one of the tuned ones on the street, they are not going to be the cakewalk that some may think. Again though, my point is that it's a fun time, they are cool guys, and are just as passionate about their cars as we are about ours which is what I like.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

man i remember when irwin was the HOT SPOT streetracing going down every week like all day everyday . but that kinda died down out that way a little. but they still have the car cruise every saturday in the spring/summer. mostly hotrods but i would like to see some of us east end guys promote the import representation out there. denny there are like 5 of us evo's in our hood we could get a nice little local following going out this way if we organize this **** a bit [STEELCITYRACING is looking for racers who is in?]

I'm in for the, let's call it "street fun" on here There are definately a lot of cars out our way if we can ever get everyone together. I can think of at least 7 Evos in our area, not to mention STi's, SRT, Cobalt, and Redlines!

As far as that car show - I used to go to it with my Cobra, and when my GTO is restored I'll take it, but to be honest (even as an Evo owner) that isn't really the place for us. I think a good idea might be to have one accross the street so that we are still there in case there is any "street fun" to be had.
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

so true man. i know they are fast and some of them will walk a stock or untuned bolt on evo. some of their trap speeds were impressive so on the freeway its not gonna be easy. and yeah racing is always fun i really cant get enough. i really dont care what they drive like i said STEELCITYRACING is looking for racers!!!!!!! i am a truly addicted streetracer i am 30yrs old and been doin this **** since i was sixteen racing down on 993 between trafford and irwin on the straits thru the cuts. raced it all almost from GM, mustangs, nissans, honda, now the mitsu i think i might actually keep the evo!! all were tuned except for the GM just a stock 4.3v6 s-10 that could beat up on 5.0's
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah 993 is a nice stretch, but you gotta be crazy to race a few of the other parts

Well let's definately get some runs in before I switch out to snow tires!
Old Oct 25, 2006, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

man just pm me whenever u know of something going down or u just wanna go cruise and beat on the evo a bit. remember STEELCITYRACING is looking for racer's. representing eastend of pittsburgh strongly with a few members rollin out of the south as well the washpaw crew! tryin to organize and promote for the enthusiast in mind

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet