Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Well i will do some research and get some info on this. I'd have to think we will need to do this early next spring or late fall. I'll post more info as i figure this out. I'll be there on sunday, so i'll try and get the details of what we will need.

Might be cheaper to rent a track in the winter. See what the AWD systems are made of.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Denny i understand your point. and i'll also never be a real race car driver. but if you want to go hang with car guys, you can't beat the race track. there are all kind of cars and all kind of car people. you'll have alot more knowledgable people then at any of the meets were talking about. And i agree our meets are becoming short, but thats because i drink to much and can't be out near a bar without getting thirsty. . thats my excuse.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:29 AM
Evolving Member

Jer,

I am game for a track rental. What track, beaver run? that might be expensive. The road course is where an evo truely belongs... This could be fun.

Oh we could also open the idea to other car owners as well. Make it a subaru vs evo road course ordeal!!!

Steve
Old Oct 26, 2006, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ozlancerblack
steelcity I am in for some streetfun and I will bring some people with me, 2wrx, srt4, colbalt they are all in to there cars alot and would love to see some evos run and have some fun, there are paople out there but they are few and far between these days I have no idea why

p.s. i saw a 05 black evo mr at the ford dealer in wexford who traded it in that is sad stuff

Sweet idea guys, there are like 5 IX's forsale at sendell mitsu and 4 of them are SE's

As for them Cobalts, i actually like them ALOT.. Its ashame the build quality is even worse than the evo (not saying much since an evo build quality is worth about $17,000 max) but they were not solid enough for me, and i couldnt get a FWD. Although if i were to get a FWD it wouldve been an SS over an SRT4 My cousins good buddy has a cobalt SS and he hangs with like 7 guys. The fastest time ran at the track with them were a 13.8 or something of that manner. Of course highway pulls are different, and would expect them to HANG with a stock evo or shadow slightly.. (bryce with EB evo IX stock) raced them before and the result was as expected he pulled on them by about 2 or 3 cars he said from a roll.

Given the fact its always 30+mph pulls is beside the case. That to me is not REAL racing. Im a DIG kinda guy, thats the reason i bought an EVO and not a SUPRA...

And denny you took it all the wrong way lol When i said show them up, i meant whoop up on them at a race. I have heard alot of SH*T talking from them cobalt/redline owners and frankly it has been getting me worked up. Imports should stick together, but like audi says, NEVER FOLLOW!
Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:16 AM

road courses

speaking of road courses...i go to cmu and found the most awesome circuit i'd love to see roads closed to run. go to http://local.live.com. put in 15217 in address. look for scheneley park, bottom left corner where the arrows are (one way). start there, and go through to E circuit then W circuit Road. plenty of nice twisties that will pull 1G on the evo...back to back hairpins up serpentine dr. just watch out for the cars parked on the side of the road and my evo
Old Oct 26, 2006, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Sweet idea guys, there are like 5 IX's forsale at sendell mitsu and 4 of them are SE's

As for them Cobalts, i actually like them ALOT.. Its ashame the build quality is even worse than the evo (not saying much since an evo build quality is worth about $17,000 max) but they were not solid enough for me, and i couldnt get a FWD. Although if i were to get a FWD it wouldve been an SS over an SRT4 My cousins good buddy has a cobalt SS and he hangs with like 7 guys. The fastest time ran at the track with them were a 13.8 or something of that manner. Of course highway pulls are different, and would expect them to HANG with a stock evo or shadow slightly.. (bryce with EB evo IX stock) raced them before and the result was as expected he pulled on them by about 2 or 3 cars he said from a roll.

Given the fact its always 30+mph pulls is beside the case. That to me is not REAL racing. Im a DIG kinda guy, thats the reason i bought an EVO and not a SUPRA...

And denny you took it all the wrong way lol When i said show them up, i meant whoop up on them at a race. I have heard alot of SH*T talking from them cobalt/redline owners and frankly it has been getting me worked up. Imports should stick together, but like audi says, NEVER FOLLOW!
I guess I have a tendancy to take things the wrong way! LOL

I originally got involved with them over the same thing...they were claiming an immediate 2 cars and then continuing to walk. I said I wanted to see that happen and showed up. What I'm saying though is they are really cool guys in person - and Internet talk is Internet talk. I still believe they could take a stock Evo with their modded ones from a roll. And I agree roll racing isn't really racing, but it's fun, and it also shows just how much advantage we get from a good launch.

Looks like something may be coming together in Monroeville tomorrow night if anyone wants to come out. I'll post tomorrow when I know more.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by supasixfo
speaking of road courses...i go to cmu and found the most awesome circuit i'd love to see roads closed to run. go to http://local.live.com. put in 15217 in address. look for scheneley park, bottom left corner where the arrows are (one way). start there, and go through to E circuit then W circuit Road. plenty of nice twisties that will pull 1G on the evo...back to back hairpins up serpentine dr. just watch out for the cars parked on the side of the road and my evo
Ever hear of the Pittburgh vintage grand prix? they do the exact course you are talking about. I lived about 1/2 mile from there for 7 years. the only time to even attempt that is at night.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:30 PM

re:

does 3AM count as night . i heard of the grand prix...i don't suppose they let evo's run in that do they :P....

anyways, just FYI the CMU Rally & Autocross Club is going to hit up BeaveRun AutoX this sunday as part of their "FlatOut" Day. We have two STI's and a WRX signed up to attend. i am bringing my evo viii MR... I feel slightly under-represented against the subies and was wondering if anyone else was thinking about attending.

cost is $35, and we are meeting at the University Center Turnaround at 8:30am on sunday morning, wheels rolling by 9:00am. event is from 10am to 4pm.

this'll be my first autoX event, any experts out there?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

jeremy i am down for some beaver run action next year. obviously it is not what i am all about but i have done some auto-x in the past but never did any roadcourse action would love to. i know everyone hates on me for being more of a drag racer ,sorry i am just a dragracer at heart the evo just does so many different things well drag being one of them and still pack the family in it so it suits me 2fold. conventional drag cars isnt my thing i like fastfast street cars and if it got 4 doors thats even better for my situation. plus prp is only 20minutes from my house its hard not to go. that is like u and the auto-x at north park. And yes i am a bit immature but i cannot get over streetracing it is in my blood i doubt that i will ever stop totally. i love the track but i just cant get there enough to suppress the desire so out on the street we go! and yeah i am out to be one of the faster evo's around it will never really stop and it will be even faster next year so! highway pulls is all hp and to some of us that earns u a little street cred. if u dont do it u just dont understand
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:45 PM

qq steelcity, i am thinking about putting in buschur turboback with magnaflow muffler and cai. know any local shops nearby? also, any good mitsu dealers around here for service... ?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

I have a buschur magnaflow cat-back, it sounds great....I had it on my VIII for a few months then got the IX and never re-installed it. Im debating going full tbe or keeping my warranty and just throwing the catback on for sh**s and giggles. It fit great on the VIII, the construction on it is very good as well...
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by supasixfo
this'll be my first autoX event, any experts out there?

i am far from an autocross expert, but from a beginner to a beginner i have some good tips for you that other more expierienced drivers have shared with me.

pay attention during your course walk through, do it as many times as you can.

go slow your first run and just make sure you stay on course.

drive the car like you know how to do. you know exactley what you need to do, you just may not realize it yet.

don't worry about being the fastest out there, just try to keep improving a little with each run.

talk to other drivers when you are there. most of them are very friendly and love talking about what they're doing.

and above all, just have fun with it.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:59 PM

nice, how long did it take you to do the swap? why don't u just swap when it comes time for service/emissions?
Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

I Live In Gbg And Think I Might Have Seen Some Cobalts And S**t At Pep Boys One Night, However I Was Boozin...i Know Bout The Mt Pleasant Stuff Too..actually I Movin Back There Soon...i'm Down For The Street Racin ****, I Know Tons Of Fun Roads Around Here, Good Friend Of Min Has A 500plus Hp S4 That Would Probably Come Out Too..
Old Oct 26, 2006, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

yea supasix, I'll be there on sunday. Im doing the lap day on the north track tho. come find me if you like. Im sure i'll take a few runs on the auo-x course in between sessions. I'll help you out.

Now don't feel bad Dan. LOL. its okay that you have a problem. the first step is admitting it. the real reason i don't race you is you'll woop my ****. no need for me to see just how much faster your car is .

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet