Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2006, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOL. that is a great look for you mondo! that really did turn out good.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

jer, i think i might start dressing like that all the time. haha.

i think it suits me.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
Looks like Monroeville again tonight in case anyone wants to come...if not, it should be nice the end of the week again

Later

I'll probably be there.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:18 AM

Hey guys. I went to Sears on saturday to get my tires changed and they managed to put 2-3 deep gouges in all 4 wheels. So now I am looking for a place that does wheel reapir. Does anyone know who can do this around here? I've been searching but haven't came up with much.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoDan
Hey guys. I went to Sears on saturday to get my tires changed and they managed to put 2-3 deep gouges in all 4 wheels. So now I am looking for a place that does wheel reapir. Does anyone know who can do this around here? I've been searching but haven't came up with much.

Shouldnt have left sears!!!! shouldve pointed that out, and said im not leaving till i get somehitng in writing stating that you will fix this mistake you made.. might be to late now, but in that case.. On the flip side, im not real sure of who fixes wheels around here, each time i have a bad rim i just replace it...
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:07 AM

Oh no, I sure did point it out to them! I looked at the wheels before I even went in to pay. As I expected they tried to deny it by saying they were rock chips. I said bull****, the same damage is on all 4 wheels and it is too extensive, and then they did admit it was their fault. I talked to the mgr and they are paying for the repairs. I just have to find someone who can fix them. These are my winter wheels so I really dont want to spend money out of my pocket to replace them and I doubt sears whould pay the cost of replacing them all.

Last edited by EvoDan; Oct 31, 2006 at 09:09 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Oh no, I sure did point it out to them! I looked at the wheels before I even went in to pay. As I expected they tried to deny it by saying they were rock chips. I said bull****, the same damage is on all 4 wheels and it is too extensive, and then they did admit it was their fault. I talked to the mgr and they are paying for the repairs. I just have to find someone who can fix them. These are my winter wheels so I really dont want to spend money out of my pocket to replace them and I doubt sears whould pay the cost of replacing them all.

Dan,

Alloy wheel repair

412 583 7298

This guy does A LOT of the wheel repair around here. Mostly dealerships etc. This was the guy Flynn's was going to use but I decided I'm just going to get another used set of wheels anyway. I do NOT know how good he is but I assume since he does so much business he's not incompetent.

If he won't deal with you directly, which he may not shoot me a PM and maybe he can it through the mechanic I go to's his shop. The mechanic I go to is the best around IMO.

Maybe you can just give sears his number and tel lthem to "STFU" and pay the guy directly. He'll probably need a place with tools to get the wheels off.

FOR ALL:

Who around here is DECENT with wheels/tires and does a great balance. We should get a good list of shops in the area that do good work.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:14 AM

Thanks Dave I will give him a call.

Also Dave, if you or anyone else is looking for a used set of wheels, I have another set of Evo8 wheels that I am looking to get rid of, just let me know.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks Dave I will give him a call.

Also Dave, if you or anyone else is looking for a used set of wheels, I have another set of Evo8 wheels that I am looking to get rid of, just let me know.
Dan,

Shoot me a PM about the extra set you have. I need to start storing "guy stuff" like car parts in the basement before all her practical stuff take all the room.

Cheers.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Are we having a meet Saturday at 7pm?
Old Oct 31, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Dan,

Shoot me a PM about the extra set you have. I need to start storing "guy stuff" like car parts in the basement before all her practical stuff take all the room.

Cheers.

i got some tires.

count me out for the meet on saturday. i have to goto dinner with the family for my brothers birthday. but after that i will be down south side if anyone wants to come through.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

How was everyones halloween? any good parties?

Friday we had a blast on the gateway clipper, here are some pics for fun. Dressing up is even better as an adult than as a kid I think? Good times.....

- Me (flannel), danl (cowboy), and my buddy eric....pre-gaming

- We met the incredible hulk, he was a cool guy....

- Finally the band, we were right upfront and Saliva kicked some major ***...My ears were ringing the next day but it was worth it.
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:18 AM

Hey guys, I was in Pittsburgh last weekend visiting family, and I had a 07 Outlander with the XLS package which included 18's Rockford audio, AWD, Leather, and the paddle shifters. I am all about driving a manaul, but the paddle shifters on the Outlander with the 3.0l V6 are pretty sweet. The shifting was extremely smooth too. I attached the link from the Motorweek review. Just click for the flash video. I will try to bring one in for an upcoming meet. http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/video/roadtests.shtml
Old Nov 1, 2006, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

Jeff,

That would be awesome to check out.

Steve
Old Nov 1, 2006, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Well guys, its official. The evo must be parked ASAP! well we all know my clutch is hanging on for its life lol (promise ill have one soon) but while driving the last 2 days, ive managed to get major tire failure. It seems that a quarter inch wide peice of rubber managed to peel up, and now is peeling the whole way around the tire.. Sounds like someone is outside constantly ***** slapping my car, because the rubber wont stop smacking the fender well... It gets longer, i trim it lol been going on for 2 days now, but im stuck at school until tomorrow!!! needless to say, i feel like curtis martin right about now.. Forced into retirement due to mechanical failure!!!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet