Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All wires in and hidden behind the dash and the control unit is behind the glove box (the hose going to the floor the boost line to the stock gauges since I haven't had a chance to remove it yet)

I ran the iPod connection into my ash tray since I don't use it

Overall VERY happy with how it came out...especially for my first stereo install

Guess I should go clean my floors now though
Old Jan 12, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good denny!

and the last time i was there Baierl only had Black Evo's there. They may have gotten more who knows. I'll be there monday getting a new steering wheel for mine
Old Jan 13, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

wuts up... Im moving to Cresson, PA to go to Mt ALoysius college and am looking to meet some people aka evo owners out there so let me know!! ANd I know nothing about the place. lol
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by badboybr09
wuts up... Im moving to Cresson, PA to go to Mt ALoysius college and am looking to meet some people aka evo owners out there so let me know!! ANd I know nothing about the place. lol
Yo welcome aboard, i dont know anyone from that area, but i go to Indiana PA so its about a 25 min drive i think from where you are at. We normally hang out in monroeville, sooo its a straigt shot for you, on 22.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, here are my gauges i installed the other day..

If anyone is interested in seeing more pics, let me know... Install was about 25 minutes, and the outcome was sweet. Speedo up to 180, and no more lancer in right dial, it now says Evolution. There are 2 different colors, white/blue and you can control the dim of them
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Well guys, i have a bittersweet announcement.

I went to Baierl today and closed on a new evo. It should be in tuesday.

I am getting a 2006 Graphite Grey MR Special Edition.

I am really excited to get a ix, but i am sad to let my blue car go. I am gonna miss her alot.

So someone i know should buy her from Baierl so i know she is in good hands
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Hey sorry i really couln't talk earlier Justin. That is just great news. I think your going to love that. Looks like your racing in AS this year then huh!
Old Jan 13, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Hey sorry i really couln't talk earlier Justin. That is just great news. I think your going to love that. Looks like your racing in AS this year then huh!
well. perhaps a stock.

i am gonna keep my sway bar. and hopefully by the time race season rolls around i will have the money for a TBE for it.

i was thinking jer. you could use a second evo right? you should buy mine so i know it is in good hands.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Actually i wish i could buy it for second one. It's really starting to add up as to the money im spending to make the car a race car. Guess i knew it would but dam. On a good note i did get my wheels. boy are they cool. They have the funniest insructions i've ever seen, with crazy cartoons. JDM YO! I can't wait to put some rubber on them and try them out.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

ah those wheels are going to look gorgeous. they came pretty fast.

i've seen alot of stories on the board here of jdm wheels like those taking 6 months or more to come in.

well, i am supposed to take delivery of the new evo tuesday. so if you want to get together for some beers before then or on tuesday, i should have those shifter bushings for you.

i think i am gonna spend the rest of this weekend taking out the few minor things i have in my evo. turbo timer, sway bar, radio etc...
Old Jan 13, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds good. yes they came fairly quick, i was suprised myself. sure lets meet for some beers. just let me kno when its a good time. boy i am alittle jealous, dam new car. my favorite color even.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

it's gonna be a long wait till tuesday. haha.

baierl was cool as shxt too. they are all real familiar with jabba (mike) and his car. my salesman and the finance officer were telling me how they love his ride.

my salesman's name was brett mcneill. he treated me with respect from the first phone call. i appreciate that alot. usually dealers tend to ignore me or just be dicks to me because of my age. especially when i start asking about evo's.

everyone at baierl though has been great. unlike south park mitsu. heh.

that is the second time south park has beat themselves on selling me an evo, and each time it gets more funny.

but whatever. that's their loss.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

congrats on the car mondo! and that's really odd. I got great prices and service at Baierl and i got the same great service but better prices at South Park. I'm only 23 (22 at the time i purchased) so i was expecting a lot worse. I'm glad you got what you were looking for though
Old Jan 13, 2007, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

congrats mondo i look forward to lining up next to u this year at prp
Old Jan 14, 2007, 01:39 AM
Evolved Member

i will probably stop out prp once or twice this year glenn, but i intend to spend most of my racing days at the autoX. i hope to see you out there. ;D

and lostsol, the salesman i dealt with at south park was a real ncie guy, but let's say the management there was less than pleased that i was taking advantage of below invoice pricing (thanks to jeff from mitsu!)

jeff also mentioned that they will be ending the VIP program on the evo shortly. so if anyone is interested in getting below invoice pricing on a new evo, now would be the time.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet