Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2007, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are we having another meet july 14th? i know a couple guys have mentioned it but i dont know if its a set thing with everybody or not cuz i havent seen any posts about it...theres also a NOPI drift competition july 28th at Heinz Field so would anybody be interested in goin? ill prob be there for a couple hours to check it out cuz ive never been to one
Old Jun 26, 2007, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
How's the tune go on Monday?
**** Al man, really, and Dave wasn't the greatest either...i installed the meth raised boost from 22-30 and gained about 35hp, and they try and blame it on my parts that weren't buschur, according to them my turbo was the only thing good. At first it only gained 15hp and i fought with Al about it he said it was knocking, so he got bak in and tuned it and then gained 35hp over my baseline and i asked if it was knocking he said no, i asked wat he did this time and he said he "tuned it"....wat the ****, why dont you really just tune my dam car

I'm gonna tak to Nate and see if i can get a retune, i should be making more power with less boost, I'm really not too fond of Al now and i understand what everyone is talking about
Old Jun 26, 2007, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Another reason i dont think they tuned my car to the best is when i was talking to Dan (steelcityevo) he said his car made 380 on pump and 420 on 104 25psi on buschurs mustang tuned by Dave and mine made 333 on pump and 370 on meth 30psi tuned by Al
Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by OurLancerEVOs
statler?

Yes this is Statler.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Posey075
are we having another meet july 14th? i know a couple guys have mentioned it but i dont know if its a set thing with everybody or not cuz i havent seen any posts about it...theres also a NOPI drift competition july 28th at Heinz Field so would anybody be interested in goin? ill prob be there for a couple hours to check it out cuz ive never been to one

i am out for july 14th. i have a friend's wedding to attend.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bvdawg13
**** Al man, really, and Dave wasn't the greatest either...i installed the meth raised boost from 22-30 and gained about 35hp, and they try and blame it on my parts that weren't buschur, according to them my turbo was the only thing good. At first it only gained 15hp and i fought with Al about it he said it was knocking, so he got bak in and tuned it and then gained 35hp over my baseline and i asked if it was knocking he said no, i asked wat he did this time and he said he "tuned it"....wat the ****, why dont you really just tune my dam car

I'm gonna tak to Nate and see if i can get a retune, i should be making more power with less boost, I'm really not too fond of Al now and i understand what everyone is talking about
Thats what we were talking about with Al....I've never had his tune but I've
read enough of his posts that I wouldn't let him touch my car. As much as I
respect Bushur for what he does for the evo community he is like you said
all about his parts and everything else is crap. Car should still feel pretty strong
though?
Old Jun 26, 2007, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Hey guys, i would once again strongly suggest checking out CBRD. He definitely said he'd like to do whatever he can to help out these locals.

As for Al and the other crew, yeah i can only imagine how bad it is to hear your "parts suck"... It would be like building your own house and someone saying it is garbage.

Steve
Old Jun 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

I would love to check out CBRD, just wish they were a little closer! Shop looks
freaking amazing!
Old Jun 26, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

lets set something up and go to cbrd then, a group of us
Old Jun 26, 2007, 09:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
I would love to check out CBRD, just wish they were a little closer! Shop looks
freaking amazing!
York PA is not that bad of a drive... I am sure if we get a few people we can make a day or weekend trip out of it.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Jun 26, 2007, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bvdawg13

Did you do a proper boost leak test and everything before getting tuned? just asking because a leak can hurt performance severly and when your car isnt doing what its supposed to do, its the first thing you should check. Especially because the more boost you run the worst the leak will get and the worst it will effect your car.....

Last edited by travman; Jun 26, 2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Did you do a proper boost leak test and everything before getting tuned? just asking because a leak can hurt performance severly and when your car isnt doing what its supposed to do, its the first thing you should check. Especially because the more boost you run the worst the leak will get and the worst it will effect your car.....
yes there is no boost leak, there saying thats all i can expect outta my car unless i buy buschur parts, Al is even blaming it on my turbo! he thinks if i get a 35r i'll gain another 50-60hp! lol wat a dumbass
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Several of us guys who got tuned by Al really thought he was a ********. My HKS exhaust sucked, my hallman pro RX sucked because Al only sells the Hallman Pro, not the RX. And Al was just a total ***** all around. He made the car fast, but from what people are saying, my timing is way too agressive. So now, I took Steve's advice and called up CBRD.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

ya i would like to go try CBRD depending on the price, after this weekend im broke and paid for a worthless tune and we need to make a wknd trip

Does anyone know anything about Nate from slowboys, but now he has his own tuning shop? tpg tuning?
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

And I might ad, that Chad at CBRD was totally straightforward and returned my calls within a day. Called me back exactly when he said he was going to. Professional. Something I'm not used to in the car community. I'm gonna be cruising out to him as soon as my GSC S1's come in. Supposedly they were shipping yesterday, but who knows. It will be real hard to do a group day at CBRD because right now Chad is the only tuner and only has one mechanic in the shop. (From what I was told). Give him a call and find out. Who knows, that would be cool if we all went out around the same time. I think York is worth the trip. If you can drive to Buschur, you can drive to CBRD.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet