Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nate is supposedly an excellent tuner as well
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Ya if we can get a trip to go, i'm up for it, im only looking for a tune, so maybe we can do a wknd of tuning there if Chad would be up for it
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

well i have emailed Nate this morning, but no word yet
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
And I might ad, that Chad at CBRD was totally straightforward and returned my calls within a day. Called me back exactly when he said he was going to. Professional. Something I'm not used to in the car community. I'm gonna be cruising out to him as soon as my GSC S1's come in. Supposedly they were shipping yesterday, but who knows. It will be real hard to do a group day at CBRD because right now Chad is the only tuner and only has one mechanic in the shop. (From what I was told). Give him a call and find out. Who knows, that would be cool if we all went out around the same time. I think York is worth the trip. If you can drive to Buschur, you can drive to CBRD.

I agree... I will try to get a hold of Chad today and see what we can do about a tune day/weekend.

Nothing is set in stone, but who would be interested in such an event? Even if you just go to admire his amazing shop...

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly, I would be, but I really just need to make sure my car gets done that day. He's open from like 9-5 and told me a cam install and tune would take about 6 hours. They are very particular and careful. I'll probably have to go up myself.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

yeah 6 hours is about right... Like i said i will get chad in here and get his info... It is his shop and i am sure someone of his intelligence and work ethic can figure something out.

Anyways, anyone try any new and good products to clean up my evo with? I plan on going to town on her sunday!

Steve
Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:02 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well...i could be tuning while mark is doing installs....

----------

im only allowing you guys to come.. if you bring me some wings from quaker steak and lube!!

-------------------------

steve and i will chat... and figure something out... thanks for considering us guys... we are more than willing to take care of you!

cb
Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Steve, use the Meguir's Smoot Clay kit. It's a long process, but it will take off any tar and contaminants in the paint. You have to patient though. The clay WILL work. Follow that up with a coat of Meguirs Next Gen wax and it looks impressive. If you have swirl marks or scratches, I use the Meguirs Professional ****. It's like 29.99 a bottle!
Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Several of us guys who got tuned by Al really thought he was a ********. My HKS exhaust sucked, my hallman pro RX sucked because Al only sells the Hallman Pro, not the RX. And Al was just a total ***** all around. He made the car fast, but from what people are saying, my timing is way too agressive. So now, I took Steve's advice and called up CBRD.

+100000

Tuning prices are through the roof anymore... There really is nothing car specific about that flash he puts in your car.. infact they all seem to look the same once opened with ecuflash... thats a reason he doesnt get new customers, they all just flash each others car for free!!!
Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

I have a problem though... I park under a tree outside my place and well i got a bit of sap on it. Like LITTLE specs here and there and it is just annoying. Will that smoot kit remove it?

Steve
Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

i have a question for you guys that run at PRP alot.

i am thinking of heading out for test and tune tommorow night to do some logging. will they let me run with my laptop on the floor passenger side?

i wanna get a couple good solid logs to send to chad for an internet flash. something to hold me over till i add some more go fast parts and get on the dyno for some serious tuning.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
I have a problem though... I park under a tree outside my place and well i got a bit of sap on it. Like LITTLE specs here and there and it is just annoying. Will that smoot kit remove it?

Steve

i had some good results with this stuff:

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,4,11

it's turtle wax bug and tar remover. it took all my scuff marks from murdering cones right off, so it should do wonders for tree sap.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah steve, the clay is perfect, but like i said, you may have to scrub a little bit more. Or just the good old fashioned bug and tar remover may help. I use that same stuff Justin.

As for PRP, I cannot speak for myself, but from what I was told, you can do whatever you want. You could even have a passenger in the car to do the logs with you!
Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:33 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
we will do our normal...

pick a track on the race games and a car... whoever gets fast time of the day.. gets a free tshirt and hat... since you guys are coming from so far away... maybe we will give some other stuff out also!

cb
Old Jun 26, 2007, 02:47 PM

You can definitely log in your car while you run... they don't really care at all as long as you have a helmet and payed. I have seen other people do it and also have seen people riding as passengers.

Dan

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet