Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2007, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next Local Pittsburgh Meet
This Saturday July 14, 2007 8:00pm
Waterfront, behind Loews AMC theater

Confirmed:
SteelCityEvo8(FAST 30r)
Evol.ved(bpu+cams)
EvoDan(bpu+cams)
LancerEVO(IX)
Friend of LancerEVO(VIII)
Posey75(IX mr)
PettyPab2133(EvoGreen IX)
SteveEvo8(BPU+ cams)
bvdawg13(3065+meth)
TheGame(bpu+cams)
EVO2DSM(IX)
Jabba08(BPU VIII)
Apexi4G63(dsm)
Lostsolvtec(IX)
Yellow VIII
Black IX
White VIII rs

Please post if you plan on attending.

Looks like another good turnout. I've also been on vacation and may have missed a few. If I did sorry about that.

Thanks,
Dave & Dan

Last edited by Evol.ved; Jul 12, 2007 at 03:43 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2007, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Well I will certainly try and make the next one, just depends on the date and if im around? not sure what else I can do....

Its not that I dont want to come or I make excuses, just have other plans....plus atleast I dont say yea I will be there and then just not show up?

What happened to the car that its down until march?

nothing spectacular some snycros went out other than that, i would like to keep the miles down.... looks like i have to pull out my other DD

Dealer just fixed it for free. picking it up tomorrow sometime
Old Jul 11, 2007, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Next Local Pittsburgh Meet
This Saturday July 14, 2007 8:00pm
Waterfront, behind Loews AMC theater

Confirmed:
SteelCityEvo8(FAST 30r)
Evol.ved(bpu+cams)
EvoDan(bpu+cams)
LancerEVO(IX)
Friend of LancerEVO(VIII)
Posey75(IX mr)
PettyPab2133(EvoGreen IX)
SteveEvo8(BPU+ cams)
bvdawg13(3065+meth)
TheGame(bpu+cams)
EVO2DSM(IX)
Jabba08(BPU VIII)
Apexi4G63(dsm)
Lostsolvtec(IX)

Please post if you plan on attending.

Looks like another good turnout. I've also been on vacation and may have missed a few. If I did sorry about that.

Thanks,
Dave & Dan
There is a possible 3 more evos coming that arent on this site...one guy has an 05 white 8 RS that might have to work but not sure yet...one with a yellow 8...and one with an 06 black SE
Old Jul 12, 2007, 03:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Posey075
There is a possible 3 more evos coming that arent on this site...one guy has an 05 white 8 RS that might have to work but not sure yet...one with a yellow 8...and one with an 06 black SE
Thanks. I added them.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Is a bigger turbo going to help in a hill climb? I'm sure a 20G or something might be good, but what about a 50 trim? Or a 30R? In hill climbs you want good mid range in addition to top end, right? You aren't really up high revving for very long, right? I'm just trying to understand the whole hill climb thing.
I would think a smaller turbo like the stocker or a 20G would be what you want for low end torque.

That show there looked pretty good. Man I hate it in Chambersburg, I want to move back to Pittsburgh!!!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I would think a smaller turbo like the stocker or a 20G would be what you want for low end torque.

That show there looked pretty good. Man I hate it in Chambersburg, I want to move back to Pittsburgh!!!
Well here is the thing. the variation in courses is problem. Courses like Giants and Jefferson you could use something like a 30 or 35r. there are plenty of straights were you need the power up top. Now on some of the other hill. There are alot of lower speed turns to deal with. I'm talking 2nd gear turns. So I really need to have a turbo that dosn't take very long to spool. Really to do it right i would need two turbo's for different hills. But what would be a good comprimise? Evo Green? that or a TME turbo. If your wondering what hillclimbs are like you should come out to Polish mtn and watch and or volenteer. They really are like a short tarmac rally stage. Lots of freaking steep turns. I think the end at Giants is like 22 degree incline. Which is dam steep.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Well here is the thing. the variation in courses is problem. Courses like Giants and Jefferson you could use something like a 30 or 35r. there are plenty of straights were you need the power up top. Now on some of the other hill. There are alot of lower speed turns to deal with. I'm talking 2nd gear turns. So I really need to have a turbo that dosn't take very long to spool. Really to do it right i would need two turbo's for different hills. But what would be a good comprimise? Evo Green? that or a TME turbo. If your wondering what hillclimbs are like you should come out to Polish mtn and watch and or volenteer. They really are like a short tarmac rally stage. Lots of freaking steep turns. I think the end at Giants is like 22 degree incline. Which is dam steep.
The TME turbo's sole benefit is faster spool. Not much more power to be made out of it. The big benefit of a TME for you would be the 10.5 hotside as I think you might still have the 9.8?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

test n tune was rescheduled for today....is anyone planning on going up to PRP today?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
You could always go for the new twinscroll t4 full-race kit with the 3071. I talked
to geoff (owner of full-race) and he believes it will spool damn near the stocker
but make alot more power. This is however not cheap and will be alot more
involved then just a turbo upgraded. It is a option! Full-race is building 3 cars
with this kit with turbo's ranging from from 3071 for road course to 4094 for
drag. Should be interesting.

http://www.full-race.com/catalog/pro...8a9ccdef3380f1

added a link for the kit....it's sexy!

Last edited by Mike01gsr; Jul 12, 2007 at 09:55 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bvdawg13
test n tune was rescheduled for today....is anyone planning on going up to PRP today?
you will see me there. if my car is done in time!

eric if you see this, get working!!!
Old Jul 12, 2007, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OurLancerEVOs
you will see me there. if my car is done in time!

eric if you see this, get working!!!
wats up with your car?
Old Jul 12, 2007, 01:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bvdawg13
wats up with your car?
nothing i will be there.

everything but exhaust will be on

i'll see you there, what's your name again??
Old Jul 12, 2007, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

Jeremy, A stroked 50 trim or 30R would be ideal.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Jeremy, A stroked 50 trim or 30R would be ideal.
LOL. Yup, your right i think. Altho i'm sure as heck going to blow the thing before i do that. I am going to own this car for a long time so i'll have a chance eventually to build the "perfect setup".

So i'll try and make the meet on sat. Im not sure yet but we'll see.
Old Jul 12, 2007, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

I threw down 270 whp and 265 lb-ft on CBRD's mustang dyno. Seems low, but I guess you figure at least 10% loss vs a dynojet. (300 on a dynojet) Chad said with my mods, that's right where I should be. And I might add, that I'm now boosting a safer 21 psi and running a much safer knock free map than big Al's 23+psi "toon." So I guess I'm happy with the number. I'm happy with the car, most importantly, and the service these guys provided. I've never been to a shop that would discount your final price for taking too long... Nothing but class. And my MBC decided to take a **** on the dyno (of all times to break). No problem, Chad fixed it with a new one! Great review, thanks again Chad and Mark!

My mods were: HKS catback, HKS downpipe, Works Hi Flow cat (the power killer!!!), GSC S1 cams, HKS intake, Hallman MBC, and a Winebro Fuel pump. Stock everything else.
The end result looks like I may have to stop being a tree hugger and ****can the cat!

I never really truly realized how you guys with the IX's make sick power with so little. It's like having aftermarket cams, stock.

CBRD is having some dyno days for only like $55 dollars for 4 pulls. Boost and Wideband. That's a steal! Or also a Jester tuning day for those interested in his tune. I don't really think Jester would do much more than Chad would though...

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet