Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, that's terrible about the other guys car... At least he walked away. He did deserve the 1st for sacrificing his car. I totally agree with you. Well Jeremy, it looks like you're the top dog now! Next time you post, I want to hear a first place finish! lol
Old Aug 6, 2007, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
well, phase one complete. are you installing this yourself, or will you be having someone do it?

steve, does he have a price in mind for those oem wheels?
$350 + S&H. He is located out towards Philly, so i can't imagine shipping being too much.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Aug 6, 2007, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
I'm a little lost when it comes to people claiming that highway mileage can vary by up to 100 miles per tank. I personnaly have never seen more than 260 miles or so even driving on the turnpike or whatever. (This is going to about 12 gallons, when the light comes on.) Anyhow, Travis, when tuning, all we touch are WOT maps. Sure, you lean them out. What does that have anything to do with cruising AFR's? On the highway, with respect to WOT tuning and maps, the guy running 9/1 AFR's has no disadvantage compared to the guy running 12/1 AFR's. This is because neither are using WOT maps. They are all on the stock cruising maps or whatever they're called. Now if you're comparing WOT gas mileage, then of course there may be a difference, just like someone running larger injectors. Please explain this to me Travis, because I know you know the most about tuning around here. And my gas mileage sucks, it did stock, it did with Al's tune, and it still does with Chad's tune.
My friend and I tweaked the closed/open loop area....I basically stay in closed loop longer which results in better fuel mileage. I can part throttle up to like 5psi and it doesnt switch to the open loop side and start dumping fuel....Also closed switches to open loop at a certain throttle % which was also raised so im in closed loop longer....

Also I drive out of boost a lot, as much as i can when im on long trips just to conserve fuel....But the fact i run a lean wot afr I can also keep that good mileage even when i decide to play a little because im not wasting any fuel

There is a lot of little things that can be done......It might be hard to believe but that 27.5 mpg is true, I have no reason to tell stories
Old Aug 6, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

here are all of my pics from the hill climb. i didn't really take time to sort them, so some are blurry, and some are of absolutely nothing at all. haha. but there are some good ones in there. lots of crazy cars. wish i could have seen the runs on saturday.

http://www.oligarchy.biz/pics/hillclimb/

and here are some pictures of mark's mustang. glad he is ok!

Old Aug 6, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

good job on the runs jeremy , sucks to hear that the mustang put it in the rail!!!

obviously good choice on the twin disk you will like it alot.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

if you need to get your break in miles on the new clutch out of the way jeremy, i will volunteer to run shifts with you! driving around the clock until the clutch is ready for racing. haha.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

GSC's or HKS's
Why not cosworth?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

cosworth is another good option........plus BC is supposadly releasing a mivec cam in the near future as well.

There will be some decent cam options for the IX in the near future
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

I got ya now Travis. I'm sure it could make a difference if you're tweaking all of those parameters.

Mike, to be quite honest, I dont' think there's a "bad" option for cams in a IX. Personally, if I had a IX, I probably wouldn't even do cams. Like Travis and I were saying, is $500-600 + install time or money, really worth the supposedly gained 10-15 whp? You make the call. They're all good choices, cossies, hks, gsc, whatever.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Guys, Im in a real bind. I need 2 three inch gasekts by tomorrow. Can anyone help??? Please, I will order you new ones, or just pay you for them. I have to put on this test pipe by tomorrow night. I don't even care if they're 2.8" or whatever. I just need them ASAP. PM me or call me if you have my number.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Guys, Im in a real bind. I need 2 three inch gasekts by tomorrow. Can anyone help??? Please, I will order you new ones, or just pay you for them. I have to put on this test pipe by tomorrow night. I don't even care if they're 2.8" or whatever. I just need them ASAP. PM me or call me if you have my number.
I don't have any in stock, however if i were you i'd go buy liquid gasket at pepboys or autozone.

I actually use this on my entire exhaust system and it works perfectly.

Good luck!
Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Aug 7, 2007, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
I don't have any in stock, however if i were you i'd go buy liquid gasket at pepboys or autozone.

I actually use this on my entire exhaust system and it works perfectly.

Good luck!
Steve
GnV Motorsports
Yeah, I think that's my only option. I hear it actually works better if you do it the right way with the liquid stuff.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I think that's my only option. I hear it actually works better if you do it the right way with the liquid stuff.
What i did was i got a fine slab of sandpaper, lightly scuff the flange (nothing serious) and then really caked it on nicely. I have yet to have a problem.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Aug 7, 2007, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

I got ya now Travis. I'm sure it could make a difference if you're tweaking all of those parameters.

Mike, to be quite honest, I dont' think there's a "bad" option for cams in a IX. Personally, if I had a IX, I probably wouldn't even do cams. Like Travis and I were saying, is $500-600 + install time or money, really worth the supposedly gained 10-15 whp? You make the call. They're all good choices, cossies, hks, gsc, whatever.
Yeah im def. not sure if its worth it yet myself, there is power you can unlock just by tweaking the mivec map. Me and a friend spent a good hr. one night just playing with mivec settings and datalog lab'ing the power curve to see how they responded with hp, tq. etc. I have a custom mivec map from this research that he created and i also have 2 tuner mivec maps i want to test against our custom map and see which one responds better....i just need the time to do it.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

i don't think i have any extra 3" ones left over, but i believe i may have a couple off my stock exhaust.

let me look around the basement. i will PM you in a minute.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet