Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2007, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MondoBongo
hey, is anyone planning on going to either of the SCR autocross events at beaver this weekend?

there is one saturday and one sunday. i can't decide wether i want to go or not.
Another intersting milestone 6,000 posts.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

awesome. i should get a prize.

i suggest a large turbo
Old Aug 23, 2007, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Thegame
how many of the original crew are still around??? I know Steve is one. Other than that, I think everyone else is gone. Oh yeah, 91GSX, Chad is still around. I didn't get my Evo until page 2. I'm still proud to be one of the originals!
I showed up at page 15!!
Old Aug 24, 2007, 03:57 AM
Evolving Member

Saturday August 25th 8pm
Behind Loews Theater at the Waterfront.

For those interested this is the same day as the Import Fusion show but that's at sandcastle which ends right before is being held next door to where we have meets.

Please post up if you plan to attend:

Confirmed:
EvoDan(BPU +++)
Evolved(BPU+)
Travman(BPU IX)
Posey 75(IX MR)
OurLancerEvosRob(BPU)
OurLancerEvosJeff(IX MR)
MondoBongo(IX MR)
JeffWells(VIII)
TheGame( BPU VIII+ S1)
LostSolVTEC(IX + Goodies)
SteelCityEVO8(Fast 30R)
Apexi4G63(1G DSM)

Thanks,

Evolved & SteelCity
Old Aug 24, 2007, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

For you guys who constantly log your car... What brand of gas seems to be the best and most consistant? I go back and forth between Sunoco and BP. Wondering how the ethanol in Sunoco handles everything.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

i've wondered the same thing. makes me want to start logging different places haha
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

For you guys who constantly log your car... What brand of gas seems to be the best and most consistant? I go back and forth between Sunoco and BP. Wondering how the ethanol in Sunoco handles everything.
I studied this a lot a while ago and found that large company owned chains are most likely to be consistent as far as knocksums went.

The Sunoco on Blvd of the Allies and The BP in SQ. Hill both blatantly cheat. I'll saw much higher counts from those two using a test of two tanks from each.

PA is one of only 4 states that does not test octane at the pump so you need to be careful.

That's just a summary. I did this last winter. I'll see if I can read over my notes I took on this.

The best thing for my motor to help control knock has been a FMIC and a boost leak test.

Last edited by Evol.ved; Aug 24, 2007 at 10:18 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=291290 guys, parting out my car locally and grabbing up an RS shortly... just an fyi for you locals. I still plan to be at the meet as well.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

jeff, if you need a stock downpipe or cat-back, let me know. i will sell ya mine for pretty cheap if you don't get any offers on yours.

i need to keep the cat, but the rest of it is for sale.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Jeff, how much for the lug nuts. Are they lighter then stock ones? Don't kno to much about those lug nutz.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Sunoco and Exxon I am very consistant.....I run a tad leaner on sunoco than exxon but get better mpg from exxon. I believe this is due to the 10% ethanol.

I also never had trouble with getgo fuel or BP.....but the last tank I got of getgo which was when i installed a new mbc my car started knocking like a biatch and I wasnt sure if it was due to holding more boost above 6k rpms or the fuel. Since then I have switched back to my previous mbc and now have a fresh tank of sunoco.....but I havent had time to log it due to the weather and other things.

It looks like tomorrow morning (depending on how much i drink tonight) will be my best opportunity to log and see if my knock issues are gone because one of the 2 contributed to it.

BTW the knock light sucks (its a love/hate relationship)........as much as its nice to know when your knocking without logging, its f-ing annoying knowing because before unless I logged I never knew. But now everytime my cel flashes im like WTF!!!
Old Aug 24, 2007, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
The best thing for my motor to help control knock has been a FMIC and a boost leak test.
I'm probably going to be throwing one on myself and was curious as to how it works with the current tune. I know you and Dan both did it without problems. How about AFR's? Did the FMIC alone affect your wideband AFR's? That's cool that you actually saw less knock. If that's the case then the stock FMIC really is a restriction at our power levels. A lot of guys don't think it is.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

I'm probably going to be throwing one on myself and was curious as to how it works with the current tune. I know you and Dan both did it without problems. How about AFR's? Did the FMIC alone affect your wideband AFR's? That's cool that you actually saw less knock. If that's the case then the stock FMIC really is a restriction at our power levels. A lot of guys don't think it is.
The boost leak and FMIC were both fixed/added around the same time(thanks Travmann) so I cannot comment on them separately. The AF/R got pretty rich and my tune is just now getting back to normal in the 11's. This was almost certainly caused by the boost leak getting fixed. I do run a lot more timing now then ever before with the same boost settings.
All in all the FMIC sure doesn't seem to hurt. I'll know more after I log it again this weekend.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
hey, is anyone planning on going to either of the SCR autocross events at beaver this weekend?

there is one saturday and one sunday. i can't decide wether i want to go or not.
Justin are you going? I'm debating if I am or not.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoDan
Justin are you going? I'm debating if I am or not.

i think i am going to try to make the one on sunday. i would like to test out the new suspension setup in case i need to make any changes before the time trial on the kart track.

will you be at the meet tommorow night? i should know by then for sure what i am doing.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet