Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wanted to throw this out there. Anyone looking for an Evo IX boomslang harness i have one.

also add up there, an Apex'i turbo timer

Last edited by LostSolVTEC; Oct 31, 2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

yeah dude, i am a grilling maniac. i just didn't have anywhere to put one at my last place, but it's like donkey kong now!

almost all moved in, thank god. yesterday kicked my ***. just gotta finish up cleaning out the garage so my evo can sleep inside tonight.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 06:21 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
sure thing, maybe we can bet a nice set of headlights. And then i can get them for free and not have to spend any money at all
I'll be racing the 1g not my daily. I figure we'll do the roll thing, just let me know if were doing it on pump or race gas. PM me in the spring.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
I'll be racing the 1g not my daily. I figure we'll do the roll thing, just let me know if were doing it on pump or race gas. PM me in the spring.
will do! thank god for 194.5 mph in 5th @ 8 grand for roll racing. im wondering if you will have about 900whp by then to compete

Is your 1 G not like a 10 second car or something?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 01:08 PM
Account Disabled

It's geared to do 205mph on the tires at 8 grand but I try to stay out of 5th as it tends to rip the gears off. Well 4th does as well but not as bad. I haven't gone 10's, not even close. You shouldn't have any problems beating me.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

can an evo actually do 195mph? I would think that it hits a aero wall before that. I mean maybe if you had 1000hp. I sure as heck wouldn't want to drive my evo that fast.

Oh Dave, someone is looking for stock evo wheels on Racepa.com.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 01:48 PM
Account Disabled

Mike Reichen did 215mph in his evo.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3TPVe9VZpFE
Old Nov 1, 2007, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
can an evo actually do 195mph? I would think that it hits a aero wall before that. I mean maybe if you had 1000hp. I sure as heck wouldn't want to drive my evo that fast.

Oh Dave, someone is looking for stock evo wheels on Racepa.com.

Yes in fact my buddy steve from nolimit did 194.5 mph in 5th gear at 8900 rpms. he used GPS

not that i plan to go that fast.

It's geared to do 205mph on the tires at 8 grand but I try to stay out of 5th as it tends to rip the gears off. Well 4th does as well but not as bad. I haven't gone 10's, not even close. You shouldn't have any problems beating me.

was this sarcasm. considering you are bringing a track car with slicks and no interior i presume you will have your 1 g doing cartwheels around me? why would you want to race me then.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

saw a black evo in cranberry last night

license plate said KENNY 86 or something
Old Nov 2, 2007, 01:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133

was this sarcasm. considering you are bringing a track car with slicks and no interior i presume you will have your 1 g doing cartwheels around me? why would you want to race me then.

I raced in DSE at the shootout. Thats a full interior class. The car is liscenced, inspected, and runs on DOT rubber. I just want to race for fun. Win or loose just for fun. That and we've had our differences online and I'm a real world person. I think you'll see that I'm not a dick. Just PM me say april or so and we'll have some fun.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

I raced in DSE at the shootout. Thats a full interior class. The car is liscenced, inspected, and runs on DOT rubber. I just want to race for fun. Win or loose just for fun. That and we've had our differences online and I'm a real world person. I think you'll see that I'm not a dick. Just PM me say april or so and we'll have some fun.
I can respect that, i should be up an running by then. Car is officially off the insurance as of NOV 1st and not back on till march 1st. In the mean time, i have a lot of work ahead of me. I will get at you in the near future.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm....so im shopping for tires for winter. Notice how i didnt say winter tires. So basically i am not going to purposely go out in the snow if i dont have to. I just need to be sure that either i can make it home from work should snow lay while im there, or get my wife to work in the morning should the roads not be in that great of condition. I work in a school so i have a better chance of either getting a delay and go in late, or being canceled and not going in at all. She has to be there by 9 no matter what and in those situations she would drive the evo. That all being said, im thinking that i can get away with a decent all season tire for winter. Suggestions or comments? Im looking to purchase soon...

P.S. - anyone feel like looking at some of my logs from evoscan? Picked up 4 counts of knock the other night at WOT in a bone stock car. Little concerned but dont know enough yet since im new. Id have to email it, the log is around 200k zipped so i can't attach it here.

Last edited by MR. Tim; Nov 3, 2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
Hmmm....so im shopping for tires for winter. Notice how i didnt say winter tires. So basically i am not going to purposely go out in the snow if i dont have to. I just need to be sure that either i can make it home from work should snow lay while im there, or get my wife to work in the morning should the roads not be in that great of condition. I work in a school so i have a better chance of either getting a delay and go in late, or being canceled and not going in at all. She has to be there by 9 no matter what and in those situations she would drive the evo. That all being said, im thinking that i can get away with a decent all season tire for winter. Suggestions or comments? Im looking to purchase soon...

P.S. - anyone feel like looking at some of my logs from evoscan? Picked up 4 counts of knock the other night at WOT in a bone stock car. Little concerned but dont know enough yet since im new. Id have to email it, the log is around 200k zipped so i can't attach it here.
bone stock like not even a tune? why data log if car is stock never understood that..

4 counts you will live with. i have had MUCH MUCH more and no ka boom. As it goes for tires. Blizzaks are the best. hands down, but you wont want them for DD.

Where you from exactly?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim

Do you always get the 4 counts on every log or is it just from time to time? If its all the time then its something you may want to look into, if its not happening all the time then some factor just came into play like gas, heat soak, temps, the cars mood that day etc etc.....and its something that will always happen on a turbo car or any car for that matter. No tune even factory is ever perfect and one day it will be good and the next it just irritates you because it doesn't feel the same and will knock more than before. (trust me, I have a love / hate relationship with my knock sensor )

While 4 isn't going to blow your motor because the car will pull timing to keep that from happening you don't want to always be knocking. You lose performance due to timing being pulled and long term the effects can shorten the motors life. Basically from what I have found tuning and logging my car for every count of knock my car pulls 1 degree of timing. The IX's are very picky and seem to be more prone to knock than an VIII in my experience.

As far as tires just go with a good all-season, much friendlier in no-snow conditions and if good will do just fine in the snow we get in this area.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 03:14 AM

Trying to help a customer out

Any advise..... CBRD tuned the car and couldnt finish......It had dynoflash on it previous......

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=305383

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet