Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2007, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike i have the timming belt tensioner. I'll lend it too you if you want. And Mitsu Mike is away learning secrets about the new toys they are comming out with.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Mike i have the timming belt tensioner. I'll lend it too you if you want. And Mitsu Mike is away learning secrets about the new toys they are comming out with.
Jeremy that would be awesome! I'm not going to be installing till after christmas but knowing someone has one is awesome! It's going to be a treat installing them I'm sure.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

excellent mike.

hopefully come spring i will be able to go out with you and get some tuning done of my own.

i've already started hinting to my mom that the perfect xmas gift would be a ported o2 housing. lol
Old Nov 12, 2007, 06:45 PM

timing belt/tools

Mike you dont need a timing belt tool to change the cams,,,,,Even if you would put adjustable gears on, Most of the time you can get away with only taking the top cover off the timing belt...
Old Nov 12, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Really? Have you installed cams on a ix? Any hints? Everyone I talked to recommended the tool.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 04:12 AM

timing belt/cams

Yes I have had multiple 9s apart for whatever reason headgaskets...broken cam,bent valves, etc.....I could write a short book of how to do it without removing the timing belt,, but it would be easier if you called me up at work one day or stop by......Did you get the cams yet????If so check the oil passage on the intake cam
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsmaster
Yes I have had multiple 9s apart for whatever reason headgaskets...broken cam,bent valves, etc.....I could write a short book of how to do it without removing the timing belt,, but it would be easier if you called me up at work one day or stop by......Did you get the cams yet????If so check the oil passage on the intake cam
Yes I did get the cams, Cosworth cams. That would be cool if I could give you a call. Like I said no installing till after christmas but any help would be appreciated. What do you charge to put them in just wondering?

Mike
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Yes I did get the cams, Cosworth cams. That would be cool if I could give you a call. Like I said no installing till after christmas but any help would be appreciated. What do you charge to put them in just wondering?

Mike
Sweet the Cosworth cams rock..

I am guessing you bought some springs/retainers too right? If not the stock crap wont work with cosworth IX cams.

Alsooooo when you putting on a new FMIC!!!! i wanna see some pictures!

PS i got cosworth cams, they coat them in the most delicious smelling stuff i have ever smelled!
Old Nov 13, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Sweet the Cosworth cams rock..

I am guessing you bought some springs/retainers too right? If not the stock crap wont work with cosworth IX cams.

Alsooooo when you putting on a new FMIC!!!! i wanna see some pictures!

PS i got cosworth cams, they coat them in the most delicious smelling stuff i have ever smelled!
Well everything is going on after christmas, I'll be posting pics, Cams, front mount, some other little goodies, nothing like your build...lol

I didn't go with the springs and retainers.....Cosworth does recommened them but they do not require them. I'm not going to be revving the motor like crazy because the stock turbo will probaly run out of steam anyways. It will be a future upgrade.

Does your friend still do the extrude hone like on your intake manifold? Does he do other parts?

Mike
Old Nov 13, 2007, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Well everything is going on after christmas, I'll be posting pics, Cams, front mount, some other little goodies, nothing like your build...lol

I didn't go with the springs and retainers.....Cosworth does recommened them but they do not require them. I'm not going to be revving the motor like crazy because the stock turbo will probaly run out of steam anyways. It will be a future upgrade.

Does your friend still do the extrude hone like on your intake manifold? Does he do other parts?

Mike
Ha that a hole took about 2 months to do that. He will not be getting any business from me sooo i wouldnt suggest it... (price was cheap for me though)

I would be careful. might wanna contact buschur. (he is a big cosworth fan.. just dont want to see you get it finished and the car cant start up because it keeps her open on ya, (think the lift is to much for stock valvetrain))
Old Nov 13, 2007, 06:41 PM

More power

Mike lets talk before christmas , AMS intercooler fits perfect i posted pictures of my brother in laws not to long ago.....If you havent done head studs that would be another good idea....
Old Nov 13, 2007, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Mike lets talk before christmas , AMS intercooler fits perfect i posted pictures of my brother in laws not to long ago.....If you havent done head studs that would be another good idea....
Let me know! I can pm you my information if you want.

Mike
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:03 PM

ko

I am currently in mitsubishi training for a week......after i get back home we can talk.....
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

I am currently in mitsubishi training for a week......after i get back home we can talk.....
Sounds good I really appreciate it!!

Mike
Old Nov 14, 2007, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Mike

MitsuMaster Mike installed my cams, headstuds and cam gears. I am very pleased.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet