Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by V8Hunter
whats up guys,

I wanted to see if any of the locals could help me get some logs to email out to a tuner. I already have a tactix cable, but am unsure of what software I need to record and save logs. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.
Hey man, just get evoscan 2.0 and then email the tuner the excel files. If you need help let me know, I live off of McKnight road which is very close. I do all my own tuning and use the software on a regular basis so I can help you out if needed.

BTW if you dont already have one I suggest getting a Innovate LC-1 wideband, it will make your life much better and works great with evoscan and no more guessing.

Plus there are a lot of great rom patches and add-ons you can do if your interested. As dave said 2byte load is a must if not already done.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

+1 on Travis opinion of the wideband , It will be crucial for your tuner to have true wideband data to make fuel correction. without it he is just guessing where you might need to be.

From what I understand Travis is very crafty with the stock ecu listen to him
Old Dec 2, 2007, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
You can re-use the stock gaskets without issue.

I would consider this though, It is actually easier to do the housing out of the car. In other words it is way easier to pull the whole manifold , turbo , o2 housing out of the car than it is to try and get to all the bolts with it in the car.

So just my opinion get your hands on a ported manifold as well and then do the whole setup at one time. 2 bolts at the down pipe , and then the manifold nuts/bolts , oil feed / return lines , water feed/ return lines and it is coming out and up out without a problem.

Just my opinion but I have had the stock turbo assembly off the car about 3 times , and the 30R off about 3 times as well for different reasons some just for a loose bolt but it really is the only way to get to some of the bolts to really get on them.

One item you might need if you pull the whole assembly off with the oil return line still attached will be a oil return line gasket that is at the oil pan. Slowboy has them their like 2 bills, I might still have one if you needed.

Its also a good excuse to do a fluid change , oil and coolant , as you will need to drain down a little of both do pull the turbo assembly out due to the fact that there is the oil & coolant lines connected to the turbo that will dump fluid all over your garage floor. Now I have done it without draining down cause I was being a tool once or twice , but only cause I had enough oil and coolant to just top it back off so I just said F that
Also you can pull just the hotside out w/ O2 housing attached and leave the turbo assembly in the car so you dont have to mess with the oil and coolant lines.....This is how I am planning on doing mine over xmas when I install my ported manifold and O2 housing. Plus I am going to port my hotside as well....

Both ways work better than trying to get the O2 housing bolts out in the car.....i just don't like messing with fluid lines if I don't have to
Old Dec 2, 2007, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Also you can pull just the hotside out w/ O2 housing attached and leave the turbo assembly in the car so you dont have to mess with the oil and coolant lines.....This is how I am planning on doing mine over xmas when I install my ported manifold and O2 housing. Plus I am going to port my hotside as well....

Both ways work better than trying to get the O2 housing bolts out in the car.....i just don't like messing with fluid lines if I don't have to
Never gave that way a thought
Old Dec 2, 2007, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I'm just not big into messing with factory seals when i don't have to......Thats just how I roll I guess
Old Dec 2, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

Did you guys ever think how cold it's gonna be at this meet?

Oh well, I guess that means another pool match at Dave and Buster's...VIII's vs. IX's
Old Dec 2, 2007, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

BTW if you dont already have one I suggest getting a Innovate LC-1 wideband, it will make your life much better and works great with evoscan and no more guessing.

+1

LC-1 is a great unit and not hard to put in at all. While you're at it you can get a JDM map sensor to log boost and have all the info you could ever want.

If your laptop doesn't have a serial port I have USB to serial adapter you can have. Or get the PCMCIA Serial adapter which IMO is a lot easier to use.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

awesome, thanks for the input and advice guys.
Old Dec 2, 2007, 04:21 PM

Hey man, just get evoscan 2.0 and then email the tuner the excel files. If you need help let me know, I live off of McKnight road which is very close. I do all my own tuning and use the software on a regular basis so I can help you out if needed.

Plus there are a lot of great rom patches and add-ons you can do if your interested. As dave said 2byte load is a must if not already done.
I would def. appreciate some help...let me know when a good time would be for you...in he mean time ill look into the wideband
Old Dec 2, 2007, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

[off topic]

So all day Eric and I have been texting on and off about the meet and other stuff about evos, etc

And then my mom and I decide to go to Monroeville mall...after we're done there we go to Friday's and who is our waiter? PETEY PAB!!

that was weird, just thought id share..

Last edited by EVORaab; Dec 2, 2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: off topic
Old Dec 2, 2007, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OurLancerEVOs
[off topic]

So all day Eric and I have been texting on and off about the meet and other stuff about evos, etc

And then my mom and I decide to go to Monroeville mall...after we're done there we go to Friday's and who is our waiter? PETEY PAB!!

that was weird, just thought id share..

Unfortunately i didnt get the tip even though i did 99% of the lazy waiters work(some girl who actually waited on you)

You will have to take me for a spin in the evo some time this week!

i will get at you
Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Unfortunately i didnt get the tip even though i did 99% of the lazy waiters work(some girl who actually waited on you)

You will have to take me for a spin in the evo some time this week!

i will get at you
sounds good eric

I'll call you when it gets back this week...
Old Dec 3, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

I would def. appreciate some help...let me know when a good time would be for you...in he mean time ill look into the wideband

Yeah im usually available anytime during the week after 5:30pm and weekends pretty much anytime..... so if you have a day in mind just let me know and I will see what I have going on and then go from there.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

travis is defintely the man you want.

hey travis, by the way, i heard you swapped your exhaust manifold for a ported one recently. how did all that go?

the evo 8/9 manifolds are the same right?

i am pretty certain they are, but just wanted to make sure the flange for the turbo was the same.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Mondo can you post up the list of people coming??

We might have a guy from Hanover, PA near MD!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet