Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OurLancerEVOs
That's the best part...no spacers are needed to clear the brembos!! Check it out: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=310647

I am gonna run 245
Good call on the 245 width...shouldnt need to worry about fender rubbing with that setup. I can't wait to see it on your car on saturday. I was looking at the 18x9.5, but you need an 8mm spacer apparently.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JMCZ
hey,

im new to this and wanted to look where a meet might be. however my evo is in the shop with a destroyed 2nd gear. Any idea how long it will be before another meet? where are these meets usually located? Any ever in wexford? Anyone ever go to the car show on fridays at the church in wexford?

i was up at starlight a couple of times this past summer.

it's cool, but gets a little boring because it seems to be mostly the same group of muscle cars that show up every week.

feel free to come on down with or without the evo though. it will be a good time either way.

as far as another meet, not sure really? most likely not until the weather gets a bit warmer, but hell, i am down to meet whenever.

like TheGame said, we usually meet down the waterfront because it seems to be the middle ground for most people and obviously has a ton of unused parking lot space. it doesn't hurt that it is where Dave and Busters is either.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Day After Pearl Harbor Day meet. The last battle mitsu ever won.

SATURDAY December the 8

7:30pm behind the theatre.

A meet that shall live in infamy!

1.) MondoBongo (mivec ftw!)
2.) Evol.ved (emissions conscious)
3.) travman (will tune evos for beer)
4.) Steelcity (cobras beware)
5.) TheGame (is to be sold and not told)
6.) Arbo651 (from the land of wild turkey bourbon)
7.) MrTim (i've run out or clever captions)
8.) OurLancerEvos (with some new shoes on the evo maybe?)
9.) Garcia10 (How long does that take to spool)
10.) v8eatr (insert witty remark here)
11.) EvoDan (Has more sets of wheels than you have underwear)
12.) Canexican (stock... )
13.)SteveGNV (double agent for pontiac)
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Hey, got a question, would anyone be willing to help me put on an 02 housing and turbo-back on Saturday? I'm so sick of it being in my basement. I don't have a garage and I am willing to pay in any case of beer or bottle of liquor (under $50)of choice. Thanks.

Edit: If saturday is not an option, i'm good for Sunday as well...sort of wanted to get it on before the meet, but oh well.

Last edited by Canexican; Dec 6, 2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I always like wrenching on cars, but unfortunately I work on Saturday and I don't have my own garage either.

Do yourself a favor though, whenever you do plan to put the O2 housing on, I would buy a couple extra gaskets, bolts, studs, and nuts. Let me know if you get in a jam or need anything because I do have a bunch of extra studs and bolts. Chances of extracting the original studs are slim to none.

The best advice I can offer is to spray all of the rusted bolts and O2 Sensor with PB Blaster like 1-2 days before you go to install it. Trust me, it makes life a lot easier. A little burning PB on the exhaust manifold doesn't smell too bad! And the last thing - That O2 Sensor will come out. It is by far the biggest pain in the *** on the whole job.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
I always like wrenching on cars, but unfortunately I work on Saturday and I don't have my own garage either.

Do yourself a favor though, whenever you do plan to put the O2 housing on, I would buy a couple extra gaskets, bolts, studs, and nuts. Let me know if you get in a jam or need anything because I do have a bunch of extra studs and bolts. Chances of extracting the original studs are slim to none.

The best advice I can offer is to spray all of the rusted bolts and O2 Sensor with PB Blaster like 1-2 days before you go to install it. Trust me, it makes life a lot easier. A little burning PB on the exhaust manifold doesn't smell too bad! And the last thing - That O2 Sensor will come out. It is by far the biggest pain in the *** on the whole job.
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I don't have a garage either, so I'm dependent on a kind soul to help me out on this one. Anyone else feel like battling some rusty bolts and letting out war-cries of profanity? Sunday also works if Saturday is out for anyone.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hope I have some time to put on the stockers and snow tires sun but if not oh well..anyways I got the new intercooler installed last wknd while i was home for sun. heres a pic or two for ya!

Old Dec 6, 2007, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I don't have a garage either, so I'm dependent on a kind soul to help me out on this one. Anyone else feel like battling some rusty bolts and letting out war-cries of profanity? Sunday also works if Saturday is out for anyone.
I wouldnt mind ya bringin over to my garage , but It seems the wife has most of my free time planned for me already . If you dont get it done this weekend and still need some help let me know , we can knock that out quick
Old Dec 6, 2007, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
I wouldnt mind ya bringin over to my garage , but It seems the wife has most of my free time planned for me already . If you dont get it done this weekend and still need some help let me know , we can knock that out quick
Thanks dude. The only reason I'm trying to get it done this weekend is because i'm off fri, sat, and sun. Normally, I only ever have Sunday off and i'm usually busy. I'll definitely keep you in mind though if no one can do it this weekend. Where abouts do you live?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

bout 15 minutes east of monroeville, I am busy as hell myself ,family business wife and 2 kids, usually only sundays i have for doin stuff. But I am sure we can find a way to get it done
Old Dec 6, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

bout 15 minutes east of monroeville, I am busy as hell myself ,family business wife and 2 kids, usually only sundays i have for doin stuff. But I am sure we can find a way to get it done
Thanks alot man. If no one can help me by this Sunday, would you be up for helping me next Sunday? Really appreciate it.

P.s. I've got the AEM Tru boost EBC. Any idea how much of a pain that is to install?
Old Dec 6, 2007, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Gotta give ya some small advice though man, as I think this would be a prime moment to do this upgrade, there is an alternate method that was shared by Travman , but here is my advice take it for what its worth.

The way that I would go about swapping your O2 housing would be to pull the whole manifold/ turbo/ O2 housing assembly off the car as one complete unit.

Changing the O2 on the car is virtually impossible. So that being said this would be a prime time to do a ported manifold with your combo.

I have taken either the stock and or 30R turbo assembly's off of my car no less than 6 times already due to different reasons some just for $hits and giggles to make sure everything was all good. I tried once to do different tasks trying to keep the assembly in the car and it is extremely difficult. The assembly comes out quick and is very easy to work on outside the car.

Now the downside to this approach.

1. You need to drain down fluids , oil / coolant
2. You need to buy new fluids oil/ coolant
3. And just incase you need a new oil return line gasket for at the oil pan

Just something to think about
Old Dec 6, 2007, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Thanks alot man. If no one can help me by this Sunday, would you be up for helping me next Sunday? Really appreciate it.

P.s. I've got the AEM Tru boost EBC. Any idea how much of a pain that is to install?
I am not sure what is all involved on the wiring end of the AEM tru boost. I am a fan of a MBC. But I am sure the AEM unit is fairly straight forward , but probably time consuming with all the wiring and doing a nice clean mount/ install of the gauge and what not
Old Dec 6, 2007, 05:36 PM
Evolving Member

good news!!! the mr came today...with zex nitrous. but im selling it next week in philly. but tomorrow (friday) i am stripping it down and my baby viii is getting all the goodies (tails, intercooler, etc)....here is some pics of the STI and EVO MR now...the 8 comes home tomorrow!

the mr runs great...very strong clutch...I would take that too but too much screwing around.

saturday the red viii should be ready to go

I can officially say now...evo owns sti

Last edited by EVORaab; Dec 6, 2007 at 05:45 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Gotta give ya some small advice though man, as I think this would be a prime moment to do this upgrade, there is an alternate method that was shared by Travman , but here is my advice take it for what its worth.

The way that I would go about swapping your O2 housing would be to pull the whole manifold/ turbo/ O2 housing assembly off the car as one complete unit.

Changing the O2 on the car is virtually impossible. So that being said this would be a prime time to do a ported manifold with your combo.

I have taken either the stock and or 30R turbo assembly's off of my car no less than 6 times already due to different reasons some just for $hits and giggles to make sure everything was all good. I tried once to do different tasks trying to keep the assembly in the car and it is extremely difficult. The assembly comes out quick and is very easy to work on outside the car.

Now the downside to this approach.

1. You need to drain down fluids , oil / coolant
2. You need to buy new fluids oil/ coolant
3. And just incase you need a new oil return line gasket for at the oil pan

Just something to think about
Yeah, I've thought about that. I just haven't really had the money to spend on more mods lately. My goal is to get all the bolt-ons that I can and then get tuned by Burschur in January - on my way up to the Detroit Auto Show. The ported manifold from Burschur is on my "buy list." I'm also debating on wether or not I should just put everything off until the spring and buy the ETS intercooler + pipes and small battery kit. I'll have a better job by then and will actually be able to afford mods. I've had my parts sitting in my garage now for about 6 months and it is just driving me crazy. Uggghhh... Maybe you can give me some advice here...

What I want and the order I want to get them:
-Burshur ported/coated manifold
-Walbro 255lph
-Burschur intake pipe kit and filter
-ETS mini-batter
-ETS FMIC + UICP + LICP
-Crower 272 cams
-20g turbo
-A GOOD TUNE (can only really afford this right now).

*Just graduated Pitt. Will have a new job soon. Ability to afford all items listed by spring time.
*Going crazy with a stock Evo.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet