Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2007, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by V8eatr
Im going to try to get to the meet saturday but not sure yet cause i think my slave cylinder is all messed up. Im running an act street clutch and whenever i shift now, the pedal sticks to the floor. Always something. I also have a 5 hour drive back home to philly on sunday, but ill definitly try to make it.
Alright sweet...thats weird about the clutch? hmm

Don't bust your ***** to make this one, its a small get together...kinda late too...our bigger ones are at the waterfront and a lot more fun with dave and busters being right there
Old Dec 10, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

yea i was there saturday but my two buddies i was with werent 21 so we left, plus with finals i wanted to get some studying in. Ill see how the car is running and if its good ill come if not it will probably just stay under the cover for the night
Old Dec 10, 2007, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OurLancerEVOs
Alright sweet...thats weird about the clutch? hmm

Don't bust your ***** to make this one, its a small get together...kinda late too...our bigger ones are at the waterfront and a lot more fun with dave and busters being right there
Hey man, yeah, i'm a wild card on this one. Considering the lack of D&B and the hike to get there, its really gonna depend on the current mood. By the way, I dunno if you saw my last post to you, but I don't think that MAF pipe has the nitrous connected to it...which is what I was looking for. That and the cone filter. 100 bucks and i'll swap it out for my stocker with a K&N drop-in...let me know .

V8 eater...I have the same clutch...same thing happened shortly after install. Can you describe how bad the clutch play is? Mine was catching maybe an inch off the floor. Sticking like crazy. Turns out we didnt fully connect the TOB to the pressure plate properly...it wasnt fully engaged. You might have to go back under the car, look through that little adjustment hole in the transmission housing and make sure it is completely engaged. It worked fine after I did that.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 04:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Hey man, yeah, i'm a wild card on this one. Considering the lack of D&B and the hike to get there, its really gonna depend on the current mood. By the way, I dunno if you saw my last post to you, but I don't think that MAF pipe has the nitrous connected to it...which is what I was looking for. That and the cone filter. 100 bucks and i'll swap it out for my stocker with a K&N drop-in...let me know .
Haha alright sounds good. Where are you from in Pittsburgh?

Anyway about the MAF pipe...my bad...I was thinking of the upper intercooler piping? But on Wednesday we are stripping it down and I will let you know then...PM me your cell if you want and I'll give you a call then.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by OurLancerEVOs
MEET THIS WEEKEND AGAIN

When? Saturday, December the 15th @ 8:00PM
Where? Miracle Mile Shopping Center

Confirmed List
  • OurLancerEVOs (Red VIII)
  • garcia10 (Silver IX MR)
  • Evolved (White VIII)
  • spumoni1984 (IX)
  • Thegame (Silver VIII)
  • EvoDan (Blue VIII)
  • arbo651 (Red VIII)
  • travman (Silver IX)

Canexican think you'll make this one? J/w
Rob I said count me out.....and you put me down on the list
Old Dec 11, 2007, 06:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
Rob I said count me out.....and you put me down on the list
My bad! what the heck? lol

MEET THIS WEEKEND AGAIN

When? Saturday, December the 15th @ 8:00PM
Where? Miracle Mile Shopping Center

Confirmed List
  • OurLancerEVOs (Red VIII)
  • garcia10 (Silver IX MR)
  • Evolved (White VIII)
  • spumoni1984 (IX)
  • Thegame (Silver VIII)
  • EvoDan (Blue VIII)
  • arbo651 (Red VIII)
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Rob...sorry but I'm going to have to get you to add me on that list again

I totally forgot my gf's company x-mas party is sat. night so I am free.....kinda nice how that works out
Old Dec 11, 2007, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

I bought a ss clutch line from works, a little more expensive but very nice. I haven't decided if I want to remove the pill completely or drill it out some. I'm still on stock clutch though.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Canexican

V8 eater...I have the same clutch...same thing happened shortly after install. Can you describe how bad the clutch play is? Mine was catching maybe an inch off the floor. Sticking like crazy. Turns out we didnt fully connect the TOB to the pressure plate properly...it wasnt fully engaged. You might have to go back under the car, look through that little adjustment hole in the transmission housing and make sure it is completely engaged. It worked fine after I did that.

Yea most people are suggesting that it is the tob. Yea its catching about an inch off the floor where it is enough for me to pop back up with my foot, but still ridiculously annoying. Im not to familar with any shops around here and taking the evo back home to west chester on sunday after finals are over. Ill hit up my shop when i get home so we can throw it on a lift and get under there. Evo will be coming back to Pitt March 5th. Thanks bro.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

how far is this miracle mile from oakland? Are there any guys in Oakland going that would maybe want to meet up at like 730 then go?
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

From Oakland its not far at all......I will be coming from the North Hills. You are like 10-15 min. away depending on traffic (roughly).
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
From Oakland its not far at all......I will be coming from the North Hills. You are like 10-15 min. away depending on traffic (roughly).
haha where at...i grew up about 2 minutes from north park. Im leaning towards the fact that ill most likely show at the meet saturday night for a little.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

haha where at...i grew up about 2 minutes from north park. Im leaning towards the fact that ill most likely show at the meet saturday night for a little.
I live off Seibert Road.....By McKnight Road. I can meet you somewhere prior to the meet if your not sure where to go. Im not totally familiar with Oakland and places to meet up there.

If you want to make the 10 min trek up 279 I can meet you off Mcknight road? All kinds of places there and is easy to get in and out ....Or if you know somewhere in Oakland that isnt a total cluster **** to get in and out...haha

Anyway Let me know.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how far is this miracle mile from oakland? Are there any guys in Oakland going that would maybe want to meet up at like 730 then go?
I don't think i have any plans, so I could probably meet up with you if you want. Where would you want to meet in Oakland?

Oh, and OurLancerEvos, I PM'd you .
Old Dec 11, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Hey fella's I am selling my HKS 272's , and my 5zigen wheels , if anyone is interested or know of anyone let me know

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet