Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2007, 05:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave I pick the purple one .........V8eatr good luck in the snow....
Old Dec 15, 2007, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

we used to go up to an old, abandoned, light aircraft runway in south fayette and race up and down it. the exit to this place is pretty tricky and its easy to miss if your never been up there. as we were leaving ( a civic (me), an integra, and a blazer) one night my buddy in the blazer, who had never been up there, completly missed the turn off and drove off the end of the runway. its a pretty steep drop, let alone all the sticks and bushes. he ended up with 2 blown tires and a really good leson. to be young and stupid....
Old Dec 15, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by V8eatr
The car wouldnt even turn on. Ended up having to get it towed there (which is never fun seeing your car on the back of a tow truck).
I am sure Mike remembers this mess!

Last edited by EVORaab; Dec 15, 2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spumoni1984
we used to go up to an old, abandoned, light aircraft runway in south fayette and race up and down it. the exit to this place is pretty tricky and its easy to miss if your never been up there. as we were leaving ( a civic (me), an integra, and a blazer) one night my buddy in the blazer, who had never been up there, completly missed the turn off and drove off the end of the runway. its a pretty steep drop, let alone all the sticks and bushes. he ended up with 2 blown tires and a really good leson. to be young and stupid....
Hey, where is that runway in SF? I've heard about it, but have never actually been there. Is it still accessible or have they fenced it off?
Old Dec 15, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Hey if you guys are meeting up still in monroeville tonight dont forget to stop at TGI fridays during the meet and get some food/drinks.. Ask for eric. donate to the evo building fund
Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Hey if you guys are meeting up still in monroeville tonight dont forget to stop at TGI fridays during the meet and get some food/drinks.. Ask for eric. donate to the evo building fund
That is actually a good idea. Friday's guys? Snow is picking up nice out our way
Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

it's begining to look alot like xmas.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

hey guys, it's a little early to start thinking bout really, but i just wanted to let you all know that there are two dates already scheduled for the kart track at beaver run next year!

http://www.racepa.com/content/index.php?topic=5620

"Anyway, 6/15 and 8/10 are firm at this point, confirmed by BeaveRun."

i'm already excited, and the first one is over 6 months away. they may decide to run more events too depending on what the schedules are like for the track and the coordinators.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha, Mike just saved my a*s too. He's awesome...South Park Mitsu: NEVER EVER AGAIN. He fixed my car today on his day off. Looks like i'm now a maybe for the meet tonight as i'm gonna pick up the car immediately after I get off of work at 5:00. Here's the update from my crazy wiper post:

"Update: Car is done. Mike (Mitsumaster) from Baierl Mitsubishi is the man. If any of you guys in Pittsburgh area need service work done on your car and are scared of your local dealership, don't hesitate...call Baierl and talk to Mike. Very knowledgeable and helpful - he even worked on my car on his day off. Thanks Mike !

I'll keep you guys posted on the warranty situation..."

MitsMaster FTW !
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

HEY GUYS I TOOK A TON OF PICTURES TODAY

Here is one of them...

VIEW THEM ALL HERE
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh....php?p=5059316
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Dave, why two clutches?

It just took me 45 minutes to get from the business RT 22 exit on the parkway to Murrysville. Usually a 15 minute trip. I think I might be sittin this one out. Not cause of the weather, but cause of all the damn psycho shoppers.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved

Pick your poison.

Did you get another act?

On a side not my wheel/tire swap turned out to be a $750.00 ordeal.....Had to get 4 new tires because mine were shot to the point the garage said it was a liability and he legally couldnt do it.

So i had to drive to firestone in wexford and had 4 Birdgestone Potenza RA096 (or something like that) put on.....Its like a new car my old tires which were 1 year old were awful. They were noisier with every mile and low rpms vibrated the whole car, now I can hear my exhaust and a lot of my dash rattles are gone, I can hear the radio without blasting it and can talk to a passenger without shouting

So in a way it worked out....cant wait to try these new tires in the snow tonight
Old Dec 15, 2007, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Did you get another act?

On a side not my wheel/tire swap turned out to be a $750.00 ordeal.....Had to get 4 new tires because mine were shot to the point the garage said it was a liability and he legally couldnt do it.

So i had to drive to firestone in wexford and had 4 Birdgestone Potenza RA096 (or something like that) put on.....Its like a new car my old tires which were 1 year old were awful. They were noisier with every mile and low rpms vibrated the whole car, now I can hear my exhaust and a lot of my dash rattles are gone, I can hear the radio without blasting it and can talk to a passenger without shouting

So in a way it worked out....cant wait to try these new tires in the snow tonight
As long as they balanced them well, I'm sure you'll be happy. Unfortunately, only the stockers and the current tires I have on the car now were balanced properly. The other ones were a nightmare. The 80mph shake gets real old real fast. Especially on your trip to Philly. My hands were numb by the time I got there.
Old Dec 15, 2007, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Mondo or Jeremy, speaking of the track days for next year... What are some things you recommend to get for the track. Tires are #1 and brake fluid. Anything else required?
Old Dec 15, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Hey Mondo or Jeremy, speaking of the track days for next year... What are some things you recommend to get for the track. Tires are #1 and brake fluid. Anything else required?
Well I know this wasn't gear towards me but from my open lap day experiences
with the evo just make sure everything is in working order. Tires, brakes, fluids.
The evo is very capable on the track in stock form. Some people really recommend
a fuel pump if you don't have one. Only thing I didn't like was the braking, I prefer
more bite from a pad so I will have different pads next year.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet