Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spumoni1984
the last time i went up there, there was a guard rail running the entire width of the runway right before you could get moving. ha, actualy it hit me by surprise and i almost nailed it, but if you get of 79 at bridgeville and follow that road/highway (i think it's 50?) out a couple of miles its right off that.

also, i went up to meadville today to get some transcripts sent out. MAN do they have it nice. no roads were paved/salted. i must have drove 25miles in a 2 mile radius. i also saw a guy with a silver IX MR. anyone on here know him? it was up at Allegheny college
Well, that certainly sucks. I kinda wanna check it out anyway though. Could make for a great place to snow drift.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xsolowx
Whats up? It was cool meeting all of you on Saturday. I looked under my car on sunday and the exhaust is just cat-back. I am going to order the test pipe and down pipe..any suggestions? There seems to a be a broad price range on both parts....thanks...

Brian
Hey man,

Nice to meet ya as well

I have to agree with everyone else on this matter, look for used items , It will save you alot of money , and things like downpipes and what not are just basic hardware if its full 3 inch round your good to go.

Hit me up if you need any help with anything
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Well, that certainly sucks. I kinda wanna check it out anyway though. Could make for a great place to snow drift.
yea, i never thought of that. from what i remember there was some nice wide spaces. let me know if you want to head up there sometime, i'd like to go back and check it out. it's been a few years.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

I gotta be "that" guy, I guess, lol... I would say buy the best turboback that you can afford. If you want to save some money, a bushur, TTP, or ETS system is a great choice. I wouldn't skimp out on your car though and go the ebay route! (Sorry Travman, lol) I've heard that it's like a 50/50 gamble with those systems as far as fitment, power, etc... If I could do it all over again I would probably go with someone's staged approach. Most likely AMS. It'll make life a lot easier.

On a side note, pretty much all of us grandpa evo owners have name brand catbacks and exhausts. (ebay Ho chi mihn didn't make evo exhausts in 03-04) I don't really regret spending the extra cash for my system. It may not make any more power than someone rockin the ebay one, but it damn sure looks and sounds better! And installation was a breeze.

Last edited by Thegame; Dec 18, 2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:25 PM
Evolved Member

i love my HKS cat back. wouldn't trade that sound for anything.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spumoni1984
yea, i never thought of that. from what i remember there was some nice wide spaces. let me know if you want to head up there sometime, i'd like to go back and check it out. it's been a few years.
PM me with your number and when we get a decent snow, i'll hit you up .
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
I gotta be "that" guy, I guess, lol... I would say buy the best turboback that you can afford. If you want to save some money, a bushur, TTP, or ETS system is a great choice. I wouldn't skimp out on your car though and go the ebay route! (Sorry Travman, lol) I've heard that it's like a 50/50 gamble with those systems as far as fitment, power, etc... If I could do it all over again I would probably go with someone's staged approach. Most likely AMS. It'll make life a lot easier.

On a side note, pretty much all of us grandpa evo owners have name brand catbacks and exhausts. (ebay Ho chi mihn didn't make evo exhausts in 03-04) I don't really regret spending the extra cash for my system. It may not make any more power than someone rockin the ebay one, but it damn sure looks and sounds better! And installation was a breeze.
He already has the catback and a megan downpipe isnt really ebay, just cheaper to get there. And a 3" test pipe...well its a 3" test pipe no matter who makes it?

I dont go with "ebay parts"....but I will buy brand name parts off of ebay if the price is right. Just want to clarify that

Its cool man....we all have our ways, I'm a budget guy I like to spend less and get more and I think I have done a great job with my car to date since I don't even have a grand invested in it with all my parts and tuned. More than anything I recommend used parts because thats how i did most of it and I will never recommend the ho chi man exhaust ( I know a little more about cars than that)
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

Hey quick question here: has anyone here been tuned by Slowboy racing and would you recommend them for tuning? I'm debating on whether I should go with them or Buschur (Slowboy is so much closer).
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Buschur tuning FTW!!!
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Hey quick question here: has anyone here been tuned by Slowboy racing and would you recommend them for tuning? I'm debating on whether I should go with them or Buschur (Slowboy is so much closer).
No, I would not recommend that.......

Stock ecu? I believe Al tunes those at buschur (dont recommend him either) but if Buschur tunes himself thats good.....I would go jestr, ttp, or mellon with the tactrix cable / ecuflash approach.

cbrd and turbotrix are other options but further away

Last edited by travman; Dec 18, 2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

I should have looked closer

I am not sure that Dave is flashing stock ecu's

For some reason when you mentioned Buschur I automatically assumed AEM.
And with that he is a wizard
Old Dec 18, 2007, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Does slowboy suck or something?
Old Dec 18, 2007, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

hmm...

I think there are just much better options out there, but if you want to go there then thats your choice....I just recommended some more known evo tuners that people have had good results with.

I tune my own car so I guess I cant say who is better or not, I just know from being around and seeing some tunes from other tuners who is decent and who isn't that great. But again its all imo
Old Dec 18, 2007, 03:49 PM
Evolved Member

if you're just getting a basic flash, you don't have to go to the shop to get it tuned.

i got my flash like alot of the others here by getting it emailed to me, and flashing it myself with a tactrix cable. then i take a couple logs, send the logs back, and then if any changes are needed they update you via email.

it works well for stock or lightly modded cars.
Old Dec 18, 2007, 04:45 PM

tune

I drive alot of evos all with different tunes on them... for a mail in flash I reccomend jestr m2 . Send him your ecu done deal... All around performance,,,It will blow the doors off als flash.slow boy.....For on dyno tuning gotta go with cbrd......Vishnu had the market for a while but jestr tune is way more refined with the mivec maps correctly set.....

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet