Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2007, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evol.ved
There are two guys that I trust to touch my EVO. Mike is one and Travis is the other.

Old Dec 21, 2007, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jabba08
I'm thinkin about it!
Most def Mike
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:07 AM

travis do you tune cars for beer or a covered bar tab?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

I take monetary donations........someone else said I tune for beer

while I like beer it makes you fat and you cant pay the bills with it

garcia pm me your email...

Last edited by travman; Dec 21, 2007 at 11:56 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:22 PM

anyone on here know anyhting about the ams exhausts? seems like no one rocks those around this area?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

They are nice......AMS or Buschur parts - you cant go wrong with either. I sent you a pm back
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
while I like beer it makes you fat and you cant pay the bills with it

so that's what i have been doing wrong!
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
so that's what i have been doing wrong!
.... you and me both! I will be glad when the holidays are over, the good food doesn't help either!
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately there's only one guy I trust with my car.

I'll give you a hint...

It's not the deuche bag at NTB that ruined my rims... It's not the *** at Biondi that didn't know how to bleed my brakes and sent me on my way with a pedal that hit the floor... And It wasn't the guy who took 4 hours to change my oil and got mad at me for trashing him on the JD Powers survey. (Got my oil changed at 1,000 miles. First time and last time the dealer does any maintenance)...

Ask Emily, she'll tell you. I have to take a bottle of Xanax and Klonopin with me every time I have to get my car worked on.

The person I speak of is myself. I don't care how good of a relationship you have with someone, NOBODY cares for your car like you do. But... unfortunately we all cannot do everything ourselves. Luckily we have guys with great reputations like Mike from Baierl.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Unfortunately there's only one guy I trust with my car.

I'll give you a hint...

It's not the deuche bag at NTB that ruined my rims... It's not the *** at Biondi that didn't know how to bleed my brakes and sent me on my way with a pedal that hit the floor... And It wasn't the guy who took 4 hours to change my oil and got mad at me for trashing him on the JD Powers survey. (Got my oil changed at 1,000 miles. First time and last time the dealer does any maintenance)...

Ask Emily, she'll tell you. I have to take a bottle of Xanax and Klonopin with me every time I have to get my car worked on.

The person I speak of is myself. I don't care how good of a relationship you have with someone, NOBODY cares for your car like you do. But... unfortunately we all cannot do everything ourselves. Luckily we have guys with great reputations like Mike from Baierl.
Amen.....I was having a conniption at Firestone when the put on my new tires and wheels, I wanted to stand over them and make sure they did it to my liking but they wouldn't let me in the garage

I only trust myself and my friend danl, I would be hard pressed to even go to Baierl but its good someone out there has a good rep. in case of a last resort
Old Dec 21, 2007, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by garcia10
anyone on here know anyhting about the ams exhausts? seems like no one rocks those around this area?
I've heard good things about them as well. I personally just like the fact that AMS exhausts use a three bolt flange rather than the buschur slip-fit design. I really don't care for slip-fit. Buschur does have the luxury of offering two different mufflers though. I'd definately go for the Magnaflow muffler.

If you're considering a whole turboback, consider your options for an O2 housing as well. Certain downpipes have issues with certain O2 housing I think.

The best modding advice I can offer is, "Always plan ahead. What you feel is good enough today will not be enough tomorrow." Don't ever build yourself into a corner. In other words, try to avoid at all costs, buying the same part twice.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

for those of you that have replaced your o2 housings with 3" ones, what did you use for the donut gasket that fits in between the outlet, and the downpipe?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

for those of you that have replaced your o2 housings with 3" ones, what did you use for the donut gasket that fits in between the outlet, and the downpipe?
I bought a new stock donut gasket. It still fits on the O2 housing. Trust me, it was driving me crazy trying to figure it out. The easiest way to describe what you're questioning is... The OD of the O2 housing doesn't change from stock to aftermarket. The ID changes. Get it??? Certain downpipes will not accomidate the stock donut gasket and you must use a regular gasket. Don't ask me how that works.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

I too bought a new oem gasket....if your dp worked with it now then your good to go after the new O2.

Installing my parts tomorrow......will post up if it makes a difference
Old Dec 21, 2007, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
I too bought a new oem gasket....if your dp worked with it now then your good to go after the new O2.

Installing my parts tomorrow......will post up if it makes a difference
Good luck on a not-so-fun job. I noticed a big difference, but I did a ported manifold, went from a 9.8 to a 10.5 hotside, and O2 housing all at once. You should still see some improvements. Don't forget to spray everything tonight!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet