Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
And dont forget PS3 Gran turismo prologue is only a little over a month away
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xsolowx
Now I will have that......hopefully it holds me over till the full version is released at the end of the year!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
Yeah i have to pick up a PS3. Well not so much for the games, but for the Blu-ray player. You figure most blu-ray players fall between 350-599. So i guess buying a PS3 would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Plus it would really add to my overall entertainment system :-D.

Steve
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
Yeah i have to pick up a PS3. Well not so much for the games, but for the Blu-ray player. You figure most blu-ray players fall between 350-599. So i guess buying a PS3 would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Plus it would really add to my overall entertainment system :-D.

Steve
Also the PS3 blu-ray player is the only one that is upgradeable through software updates....all older blu-ray version will not play full features on the disks when new versions come out.

http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=67810
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Sadly I have yet to buy or watch a blu-ray movie....they are pricey and just not in my budget right now.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
Yeah COD4 is definitely worth the money. The multiplayer is jaw dropping, not to mention it doesn't get boring. However looks like Battlefield: Bad Company will be a promising game as well.

Somehow i have racked up almost 15000 kills lol. I need to find another hobby for the winter.

Steve
I gotta kind of disagree with your call on COD4... Don't get me wrong, the single player game was awesome....for the 4 hours it lasts! A complete joke in my opinion. Spending 60 bucks on a game that's over in 4 hours. Second time through, on the harder setting, it took like 5 hours. The multiplayer does kind of make up for that, but multiplayer should be a bonus, not a primary factor. Overall, I had more fun with both Halo and Bioshock.

At any rate, I think the whole First person shooter thing is getting kind of old.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
I gotta kind of disagree with your call on COD4... Don't get me wrong, the single player game was awesome....for the 4 hours it lasts! A complete joke in my opinion. Spending 60 bucks on a game that's over in 4 hours. Second time through, on the harder setting, it took like 5 hours. The multiplayer does kind of make up for that, but multiplayer should be a bonus, not a primary factor. Overall, I had more fun with both Halo and Bioshock.

At any rate, I think the whole First person shooter thing is getting kind of old.
Thats why I will wait till I can pick it up used off amazon for $25 bucks or so.....but it would still take me a couple months to beat it
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Sadly I have yet to buy or watch a blu-ray movie....they are pricey and just not in my budget right now.
The whole Blu-ray and HD DVD thing is kind of like VHS and Beta... Someone has to lose! I'm not confident in either one to drop $400+.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

Comcast/Verizon/Xbox Live/Direct TV will stream me a movie in HD for 5 bucks.

Looks like they won the format wars.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah well i am a person who isn't a fan of single player games. I pretty much only play games that have competitive online gaming. I think the farthest i got in COD single player was the helicopter extract where the ferris wheel is.

I think the multiplayer on COD crushes all of the competition. Halo 3 = overrated, GOW= horrible online support, COD3 =treyarch sucks and is unfortunate they are making COD5...

There are a lot of promising multiplayers coming out too, like Bad Company, and Turok (who doesn't want to kill someone with a bow and arrow).

Steve
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

The whole Blu-ray and HD DVD thing is kind of like VHS and Beta... Someone has to lose! I'm not confident in either one to drop $400+.
Well blu-ray (if you read the news) is pretty much stomping hd-dvd to the ground....they are hanging by a thread and if universal and paramount make a move the war is over, which all it will take is one to move and the other will follow. Blu-ray has Warner Bros, New Line, Lionsgate, HBO, Fox, Disney, and Sony all exclusive now to blu-ray. The only ones HD-DVD has is Paramount and Universal which is not good because they both had a claus if Warner made the switch they can opt out of there contract with HD-DVD and go too....they just haven't done so yet, but everyone feels its coming. Which is great because I want Transformers on Blu-ray damn-it!

I got the PS3 so even if somehow HD-DVD makes a shift (which isnt looking good) I still have a great game system and its no big deal.....

Blu-ray was just a perk to the PS3
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Comcast/Verizon/Xbox Live/Direct TV will stream me a movie in HD for 5 bucks.

Looks like they won the format wars.

Pirating will always own all..........everyone loves rockin in the free world.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

yeah turok looks sweet. I remember playing the first couple on the 64 i think it was. The main thing with all multiplayer is that there's just too many dicks online. I like to play by myself. I'm kind of game nerd too though, I like games like Final Fantasy and other RPG's.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Well blu-ray (if you read the news) is pretty much stomping hd-dvd to the ground....they are hanging by a thread and if universal and paramount make a move the war is over, which all it will take is one to move and the other will follow. Blu-ray has Warner Bros, New Line, Lionsgate, HBO, Fox, Disney, and Sony all exclusive now to blu-ray. The only ones HD-DVD has is Paramount and Universal which is not good because they both had a claus if Warner made the switch they can opt out of there contract with HD-DVD and go too....they just haven't done so yet, but everyone feels its coming. Which is great because I want Transformers on Blu-ray damn-it!

I got the PS3 so even if somehow HD-DVD makes a shift (which isnt looking good) I still have a great game system and its no big deal.....

Blu-ray was just a perk to the PS3
I thought you had a regular blu ray player, but I just remembered you had a PS3.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

I thought you had a regular blu ray player, but I just remembered you had a PS3.
Reg. blu-ray player owners will get hosed when blu-ray 2.0 is released...they will still be able to watch the movie but there will be special features version 1.0 and 1.1 wont have access to on a 2.0 disk....so its not all bad unless you have to have all the features (then its a problem)

PS3 like i said is the only one that is able to be upgraded through software support but seeing how 85% of blu-ray players is in the PS3 they don't really care about the other 15% who will have outdated versions who didn't wait.....

electronics suck these days......no matter what you buy its outdated in a year, well except the ps3 - which will eventually be outdated by the PS4

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet