Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travman, like you said... You don't see STI's, 350Z's, SRT-8's, etc. with peeling Brembo calipers.

And on another note... I don't think Mitsu nor Brembo is doing anything to correct the problem with the paint. I was told by the guys at Biondi that it most likely will happen again to my new brembo's. I was kind of disappointed to hear that. All I did was buy myself a couple more years I guess. And you'll start to see the 05s and 06s have the problem. Just give them a little more time.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Travman, like you said... You don't see STI's, 350Z's, SRT-8's, etc. with peeling Brembo calipers.

And on another note... I don't think Mitsu nor Brembo is doing anything to correct the problem with the paint. I was told by the guys at Biondi that it most likely will happen again to my new brembo's. I was kind of disappointed to hear that. All I did was buy myself a couple more years I guess. And you'll start to see the 05s and 06s have the problem. Just give them a little more time.
Only thing we can do is take extra care when bleeding brakes....I will be using a lot of duct tape and rags around the bleeder and caliper to try and eliminate the possibility as much as possible of brake fluid hitting the finish on my calipers....

My 04 calipers never were bled and the peeled horribly bad, the whole thing peeled....so I don't totally get it, I will just wait and see what happens to my 06 and go from there.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
trav...if the weather is ok maybe we can hook up mid to late next week? I will have the exhaust and bov fixed this weekend
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
trav...if the weather is ok maybe we can hook up mid to late next week? I will have the exhaust and bov fixed this weekend
Sounds good....
Old Jan 25, 2008, 02:25 PM

Wing and brake calipers

If you need help ask a guy that works for company.....If any of you guys need anythinsg contact me at the dealership not the guy that calls himself the manager......The rep is rather easy going on the issue with the brake calipers....Brembo ends up paying mitsu for the new calipers.....The wings are hard but he has still replaced alot of them even on second and third owner cars....

Mike
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:40 PM
Account Disabled

Mike,

What is mitus's stance on rust. My car is well taken care of, washed weekly, and rust is starting to appear on the lip of the rear wheel wells. Its not an issue now, but in a couple years will be.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

hey does anybody know if you can resurface slotted rotors?
Old Jan 26, 2008, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bvdawg13
hey does anybody know if you can resurface slotted rotors?
You can according to a cursory google search. I have been told you can't and personally I wouldn't.

My stock rotors were resurfaced and didn't last but 2,000 more mile.

Probably cheaper just to get new ones.

Seems the best way to get evo brakes to last is beat the **** out of them. Strange but true.

Last edited by Evol.ved; Jan 26, 2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: more info
Old Jan 26, 2008, 05:36 PM

rust

rust is full warranty as long as rusting from the inside out....If the paint is worn off down to bare metal there is no waranty.....

slotted rotors you can cut a few thousands off ...
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Im SJ, we are moving to Pittsburgh(Bethel Park) very soon. I just wanted to say hi and see who all here is in that general area. If you want to please PM me who you are and where you're from. Maybe we could get something together.

SJ
Old Jan 26, 2008, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
You can according to a cursory google search. I have been told you can't and personally I wouldn't.

My stock rotors were resurfaced and didn't last but 2,000 more mile.

Probably cheaper just to get new ones.

Seems the best way to get evo brakes to last is beat the **** out of them. Strange but true.

Dave, that is unless you want to buy good rotors. How about $1400 for a set of two piece. . Dam, this making a fast car really gets expensive.

Hey mitsumike, How about the rust from them not putting on a dam protective film around the rear fender near the doors. LOL. Not that i really care but, its rather pathetic that they get so bad. Plus they did start putting it on the cars after 03 so. Oh and can i get new calipers? Mine are peeling alittle. . Sure they are brown and very well used. But, my bling is not quite the same without a nice paintjob. Just joking, well you could sell me the old ones that people don't want so i could have some spares. I will be calling you here soon for alittle work.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
Hey Im SJ, we are moving to Pittsburgh(Bethel Park) very soon. I just wanted to say hi and see who all here is in that general area. If you want to please PM me who you are and where you're from. Maybe we could get something together.

SJ
welcome to the area. if you're in bethel you'll be right down the road about 10 minutes from me. nice area. cops are ****** though, but that is a given just about anywhere in this city.

hope to see you at some of the meets this summer. post up some pics of your car.

hey jer. if you need some extra evo parts, i know a nice white one that is parked outside all the time right up the hill from the waterfront.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 11:37 AM

parts

I will check , brembo did want them back for a while.....
Old Jan 27, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the welcome, yes we will be out there around the 3rd of feb
Old Jan 28, 2008, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz

SJ
welcome to the burgh...theres a meet every month in the spring and summer...usually have decent turnouts so youll meet a lot of us but it seems like everybody is pretty spread out living in pittsburgh but its all relatively close

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet