Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Well I have some print outs when I went to Chad's to just get some runs in for a baseline and at 6600 I was in the 11.7 range.
See to me that is good - I tune my car for high 11's and then adjust my timing accordingly. That is not conservative......least afr wise, I would have to see your timing #'s to see what they looked like. You probably have more left on the table with boost and timing to compliment your afr for some extra power.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
I can find out about a rate, but there aren't any AWD Mustangs around...You would still need to head out east for that. Might still be worth it for you guys to just have them tune it out there. I understand the desire to have a before and after number! LOL
That is why it is important to pick your tuner , and stick with it on the same dyno. The before and after is still important.

But again numbers are not the measurment of performance. The proving ground is at the track E.T.'s and MPH tell the truth
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
I can find out about a rate, but there aren't any AWD Mustangs around...You would still need to head out east for that. Might still be worth it for you guys to just have them tune it out there. I understand the desire to have a before and after number! LOL
Well actually I was just talking to Justin and he said Speed Nation has a Mustang but we are going to check to see if it's AWD or not. I'm guessing no but we will see. Worse comes to worse, I'll have nate do a tune then run out to CBRD at some point
to do a few runs again on the dyno to see what she does. I'm easy going..lol
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
That is why it is important to pick your tuner , and stick with it on the same dyno. The before and after is still important.

But again numbers are not the measurment of performance. The proving ground is at the track E.T.'s and MPH tell the truth
Right - the before and after is only important THAT DAY. Doesn't matter if you were 315whp on Buschur's Mustang one day and then 330whp on someone else's Mustang another day. And Mustang Dyno or Dynojet doesn't matter either - as long as you made more after your tune than when you got on it that same day.

But bottom line, like you said Dan, what did you run with a particular tune? 420whp on Dynojet only put me at 12.0 at PRP...not exactly REAL 420 HP numbers IMO. Now I don't think it was shifted at optimal points, but still...

Point is - Mustang, Dynojet, Dynapacks...just for giving you some number to brag about. Go run it and tell me your time, then I'll be impressed
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

Well actually I was just talking to Justin and he said Speed Nation has a Mustang but we are going to check to see if it's AWD or not. I'm guessing no but we will see. Worse comes to worse, I'll have nate do a tune then run out to CBRD at some point
Don't believe it is
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
See to me that is good - I tune my car for high 11's and then adjust my timing accordingly. That is not conservative......least afr wise, I would have to see your timing #'s to see what they looked like. You probably have more left on the table with boost and timing to compliment your afr for some extra power.
That was boost at around 21 pounds tapering to about 18.5 at 6500 rpms. I send you my logs to review but my hard drive took a **** last month and I lost all my logs. Now I have the new mods on so it should be lean now I would assume with the
cams and front mount.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Speed Nation is 2wd only
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

See I know ETA's dont lie but Drag racing has never been my thing. It's not always about times
it's more about mph. I mean my integra made 420whp on pump gas the best time I ever got
was 12.6....which is pathetic, however the 12.6 was at 121mphwhich is respectable. Being
I like the road course I'm just looking for the most power under the curve, peak doesn't mean
crap to me at this point.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Speed Nation is 2wd only
Figures!...Damn it..lol
Old Feb 24, 2008, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Truth about e.t.'s it depends on so much of the driver factor. But the mph dont lie . I have screwed up launches from 1 reason or another and still trapped close to the same. It still shows you an overall performance and average hp being gained if you can show improvement in mph.

So the dragstrip is still a tool for proving gains in power.

I am not promoting anyone to do drag racing if they dont like it , who cares. But the fact remains that that is where you prove and back up the dyno numbers.

My car was never tuned to be a drag car , it was tuned for overall real street use. And was given a very usable broad powerband bye Dave Buschur. But it was proven on the track as well
Old Feb 24, 2008, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Truth about e.t.'s it depends on so much of the driver factor. But the mph dont lie . I have screwed up launches from 1 reason or another and still trapped close to the same. It still shows you an overall performance and average hp being gained if you can show improvement in mph.

So the dragstrip is still a tool for proving gains in power.

I am not promoting anyone to do drag racing if they dont like it , who cares. But the fact remains that that is where you prove and back up the dyno numbers.

My car was never tuned to be a drag car , it was tuned for overall real street use. And was given a very usable broad powerband bye Dave Buschur. But it was proven on the track as well
I know what your saying and agree.....but what sucks in my case is I don't have a
previous number with the mods I had and tune so....oh well what you do...lol
Old Feb 24, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Tuning is tuning... I've had some good, some bad, some ugly... Let's just say that I've spent roughly $1,000 + on three different custom tunes. Part of it is my own fault. Getting a professional tune is not cheap so the best advice I can offer is to make sure your car is ready and you are satisfied with your parts. Don't get custom tuned for your current setup if you plan on adding a lot of parts in the near future. Don't pay twice. Get with Travman and he can help you out getting a good base tune. Do it yourself if you can. If you're fully ready to get a custom tune and are satisfied with your setup, then your options are wide open. Pretty much every tuner can do a great job if they want to.

My personal review of tuners:

Summer - 05 - Dynoflash - Custom Road tune - Satisfied for a while, he did do a good job, but I started having problems when Sunoco took 94 off the market.

Spring - 07 - CBRD - Custom Dyno tune - Good bang for the buck - it wasn't expensive at all - (he installed my cams the same day) - However, it was conservative and it didn't really blow my mind.

Summer - 07 - Turbotrix - Very satisfied to say the least... And that's where I'm at now.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Mike, even if you don't have baseline numbers, ask your tuner to do a few pulls with the car before the tune. Then at least you'll get to compare what the tune itself has gained you.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Hey Mike, even if you don't have baseline numbers, ask your tuner to do a few pulls with the car before the tune. Then at least you'll get to compare what the tune itself has gained you.
I do have baseline numbers on a CBRD's dyno.
With the mods I had:
Tanabe Concept G Blue turbo back exhaust
AMS LICP
WORKS Drop-in
Samco Inlet pipe
HKS EVC VI
Mellon Flash 21psi 93 octane

I did 289hp and 268ft/lbs on Chad's dyno, not overly impressive.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Well, it was a nice day. I washed the car and wanted to stretch the legs out a little. I took a ride out to Ligonier and wanted to run through the twisties in the hills. On my ride out i saw that Sleepy Hollow had burnt down sometime recently (last night?) Anyways, good thing i had my camera with me. Ill try to resize and post the rest later.

Attached Thumbnails local Pittsburgh Meet-evo_hollow.jpg   local Pittsburgh Meet-txs1.jpg   local Pittsburgh Meet-txs2.jpg  

Last edited by MR. Tim; Feb 27, 2008 at 07:59 AM.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet