Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If any of you IX guys upgrade your turbo's, let me know. I cannot afford a real turbo, but a IX wouldn't be a bad deal.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
and to think i have been dumping it down the storm drain along the street late at night when nobody is around? - and I always wear black
i've heard..... from uh, a friend.... that used oil kills poison ivy like a ****.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
If any of you IX guys upgrade your turbo's, let me know. I cannot afford a real turbo, but a IX wouldn't be a bad deal.
This is an actual worth while and fairly cheap upgrade for an VIII - especially if you can sell your VIII turbo to re-coupe some of the cost. If you have never seen side by side pics of the IX turbo vs. the VIII turbo its worth a look.

If you haven't seen this - link to cheaper install kit through mitsuparts.net

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...bo+Install+kit
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
i've heard..... from uh, a friend.... that used oil kills poison ivy like a ****.
It smothers and kills just about any weed.....not that I know that either
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
Amsoil huh are you going to tell me you can get the tranny fluid and transfer case fluid to me cheaper then the dealer?

I sell AMSOIL Products to ALL Forum Members at Dealer Cost.. You pay exactly what I get charged.

Send me an email with what you are looking for and I will send you a quote.

Doc

Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, a non-local posting in the local forum.

Shoot Yeah..... I wouldn't want to have anyone here feel slighted in any way, like I was ignoring you or something.... LOL

Doc

Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Paint them......saves you money.

I know a guy who powder coats but you have to prep the wheels or probably be prepared to spend some money. He did it once and said never again, the factory finish is a pain to prep according to him.
NOOO dont paint them... you have about 2 weeks of driving before that stuff chips off. then you have to be real careful on what you use to clean them, and god forbid you forget to clean em one time that brake dust will forever stick to them..''

There is a guy in export PA that does them and the guy has EXCELLENT pricing. If you are interested PM dan Steelcityevo8 here is a picture of how his work turned out on an intake manifold we sent him.. This it cost like $40 to do this.. and valve cover is like $40 also.. take a look.

Tapes off lines very nicely, has thousands of colors, and is VERY professional

I am going to have him do my valve cover, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, calipers and maybe a few pipes also....

PS im not powdercoating my exhaust manifold and turbo, going to have them flat black 2400 deg jet coated.. turbo might be ANODIZED black also,... or purple!

Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oil Doc
Shoot Yeah..... I wouldn't want to have anyone here feel slighted in any way, like I was ignoring you or something.... LOL

Doc

Remember rambo first blood? we are kinda like the sheriff at the beginning

But anyone that rips us a deal, can eat at any of our restaurants in town lol
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Eric, that does look awesome. I was actually considering a powdercoat job on my wheels as well. If it's in Export, that's right in the next town. If it's really that cheap, then I'm all for it. Actually, I could have him coat some pipes and **** too! Dan - You got PM!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

This is an actual worth while and fairly cheap upgrade for an VIII - especially if you can sell your VIII turbo to re-coupe some of the cost. If you have never seen side by side pics of the IX turbo vs. the VIII turbo its worth a look.

If you haven't seen this - link to cheaper install kit through mitsuparts.net

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...bo+Install+kit
Travman, wow!

I've never seen that comparison before. I knew it was larger, but that's a big difference!

Pull all them IX turbos, guys, come on! Let me know when you do! I figure I could probably end up only spending a couple hundred on a used one.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:21 PM
Evolved Member

Doc

I looked everywhere for vendors selling this stuff last year!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Remember rambo first blood? we are kinda like the sheriff at the beginning

But anyone that rips us a deal, can eat at any of our restaurants in town lol

Gee..... Thanks... LOL

Hard to beat Dealer Cost....

Sometimes I feel like Santa Claus.... I have a big enough belly too.... LOL

Doc

Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Eric, that does look awesome. I was actually considering a powdercoat job on my wheels as well. If it's in Export, that's right in the next town. If it's really that cheap, then I'm all for it. Actually, I could have him coat some pipes and **** too! Dan - You got PM!
All parts like that are cheap.. I cant 100% you a deal of the life time on the wheels. Last time i talked to him about doing my wheels he told me like 4 days or so. He will not allow them to leave his hands to yours unless you are 100% satisfied he says. So if there is even the SLIGHTEST imperfection, he claims he will redo it till its perfect. He is VERY **** about his work, but wheels are a large item, and there are 4 of them

There is also more process to them also. Bead blasting, hot tanking in acid, they prepping them by hand. Preparing the powder and guns, baking them, curing them and inspection over each wheel. To be honest it might be about $150 per wheel Now i called about 4 other places, who are not as good according to others, and they wanted about $200/260 per wheel. But the end result is: A wheel that looks fantastic, the brake dust will just rub right off, and will be protected from rock chips and many other small debris that hits them..

Do it once, and it do right.. thats my moto. Even if you spend a little more the first time, you wont spend twice as much later!!!!
Old Mar 11, 2008, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
All parts like that are cheap.. I cant 100% you a deal of the life time on the wheels. Last time i talked to him about doing my wheels he told me like 4 days or so. He will not allow them to leave his hands to yours unless you are 100% satisfied he says. So if there is even the SLIGHTEST imperfection, he claims he will redo it till its perfect. He is VERY **** about his work, but wheels are a large item, and there are 4 of them

There is also more process to them also. Bead blasting, hot tanking in acid, they prepping them by hand. Preparing the powder and guns, baking them, curing them and inspection over each wheel. To be honest it might be about $150 per wheel Now i called about 4 other places, who are not as good according to others, and they wanted about $200/260 per wheel. But the end result is: A wheel that looks fantastic, the brake dust will just rub right off, and will be protected from rock chips and many other small debris that hits them..

Do it once, and it do right.. thats my moto. Even if you spend a little more the first time, you wont spend twice as much later!!!!
Yes Ray is very good to work with , you will not be dissapointed in the process, and his facility is very nice.

The wheels may cost a bit of change but will be real nice when done. I have been considering letting him get on my stockers .

Brian you got a Pm
Old Mar 11, 2008, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Gee..... Thanks... LOL

Hard to beat Dealer Cost....

Sometimes I feel like Santa Claus.... I have a big enough belly too.... LOL

Doc

I have ordered from Doc and he is great to deal with!!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet