Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do...I do all my own work. Im in love with it now and I haent used it yet haha....Maybe I can paint my rims with it hmmmmmm what paint should I use?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
I do...I do all my own work. Im in love with it now and I haent used it yet haha....Maybe I can paint my rims with it hmmmmmm what paint should I use?

i am planning on using rattle cans to do my 5zigens. i got sandable primer. and high temp brake caliper paint in gloss back, and a clear coat.

from what i've read, you want something more durable (durable for rattle can) like the caliper paint.

on a side note, those air tools can save your life in more way than one. this summer when i was helping my buddy work on his car during the week it was 95+ degrees, he started getting over heated so we hit him with the hose and then blasted him with air until he felt better.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Nice speedjunky! I wish every time i work on the car i had air tools.

Round 2 or maybe like 6

Well the whole front end is apart. Yee haw. Now time to hit up some favors to get the bushings pressed out. Oh don't let that fool you, the car beat my **** again. I had to cut off all but one of the end links. Front and back. I just couldn't get them broken enough to not strip the inside part that you put a wrench on. I tried heat and all i did was fry the dam things. So that equals new front end links along with my new perrin rear ones that were already here.

All and all tho much better day of car prep. I'm actually on to the install the parts bit, that will be easy compared to this crap. Then its time for fun part. Racing season. I even think there are a few drag days for me in the future.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

painful builds build character jer.
Old Mar 25, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel

Round 2 or maybe like 6

Well the whole front end is apart. Yee haw. Now time to hit up some favors to get the bushings pressed out. Oh don't let that fool you, the car beat my **** again. I had to cut off all but one of the end links. Front and back. I just couldn't get them broken enough to not strip the inside part that you put a wrench on. I tried heat and all i did was fry the dam things. So that equals new front end links along with my new perrin rear ones that were already here.

All and all tho much better day of car prep. I'm actually on to the install the parts bit, that will be easy compared to this crap. Then its time for fun part. Racing season. I even think there are a few drag days for me in the future.

i told you to wait I would have helped with the tools lol....Good luck
Old Mar 26, 2008, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Round 2 or maybe like 6

Jeremy, What do you have left to swap out on your suspension? not much right??

How much weight have you taken out much?

Just think how nice some lexan windows and a carbon roof would be . get that top heavy EVO down on weight in the most important area lower your center of gravity
Old Mar 26, 2008, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8

Just think how nice some lexan windows and a carbon roof would be . get that top heavy EVO down on weight in the most important area lower your center of gravity
Yes the carbon fiber roof is on the list. Probably won't happen till next winter tho. That and 2 piece rotors are my next purchase. Then it will be on to more power again. This is a few year project for me as my wife will kill me if go spend 10-20g's on my car in one year.

I'm not sure how much weight i've taken off. Probably a decent amount but, the roll bar adds it right back. I'll find out in a few weeks when i get it on some scales.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Yes the carbon fiber roof is on the list. Probably won't happen till next winter tho. That and 2 piece rotors are my next purchase. Then it will be on to more power again. This is a few year project for me as my wife will kill me if go spend 10-20g's on my car in one year.

I'm not sure how much weight i've taken off. Probably a decent amount but, the roll bar adds it right back. I'll find out in a few weeks when i get it on some scales.
Jeremy, how was it putting the roll control kit on? On presume it's the whiteline one? Now I know who to ask for help when I put mine on...lol.... not sure if I will do it this summer or wait till next winter.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hey speedjunky..does that compressor require 115V or 230 V power supply?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8

thought the carbon roof only sheds like 2 pounds? i like the way it looks, but paul nelson got his stock roof lighter for cheaper $1000.00 for roof plus $800.00 for install is nutty in my book but hey i have wasted more on less
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
thought the carbon roof only sheds like 2 pounds? i like the way it looks, but paul nelson got his stock roof lighter for cheaper $1000.00 for roof plus $800.00 for install is nutty in my book but hey i have wasted more on less
I think its only a couple pounds lighter over the alum. roof found on the MR's and SE's - I would think it would be somewhat of a decent weight savings over the std. steel roof?
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
hey speedjunky..does that compressor require 115V or 230 V power supply?
sounds like someone is thinking about upgrading there garage as well
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by travman
sounds like someone is thinking about upgrading there garage as well
Yeah its a pain in the *** asking roger to borrow his everytime..I started getting it all cleaned out last week. I only have 115V power out to the garage and its not really worth trying to get to 230V out there.
Old Mar 26, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

hey trav..jess got me the carbon fiber exhaust sheild for my birthday....no more black bumper
Old Mar 26, 2008, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Yes it is only 2-4 lb lighter then the aluminum one, like travman said. The aluminum stock one is 700-800 so kinda a no brainer there. Plus i have a steel roof with a dam sunroof. So i'll loose about 60#. Now that is huge!

Mike, I'm just waiting on the parts to get here for the kit. The control arms were easy to get off other then the dam end links. So if you have a press this should be a piece of cake. Plus the tie rod end is about as basic as it gets.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet