Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2008, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tvall13
No I didn't get a tune just disconnected the battery to reset the ECU. Actually i didn't reset the ECU immediately after installed it and noticed a large loss in low end torque , but resetting it made a huge difference and I got all the low end torque back.
You can do this? DAMN I got a tune for nothing then lol JK

But i didnt know youcould do that though

and Justin....dont we all need and want that lol But if you would like some help on the installs let me know.....
Old Mar 31, 2008, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Resetting the ecu is pretty common practice - anytime you install new mods you need to reset the ecu to allow the car to have a fresh slate to re-learn.

This is especially true for ones that increase flow....as the car will run better learning from scratch than fighting trying to figure out wtf you just did to it and why everything just changed.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

SO the tunes are for dialing it the mod completely?......
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
SO the tunes are for dialing it the mod completely?......
The tune is to get the most out of the mods.....resetting the ecu wont make your afr leaner or add more timing it just will help the ecu learn the new parts so everything runs better and smoother.

Dont mistake one for the other - only reason his car felt faster after resetting the ecu is because with the intake the car re-learned everything with the intake installed which allowed it to run better. Before that the filter just confused the ecu because it was used to seeing one value from the stock box and now see's an increase and gets itself all scrambled trying to re-learn without a clean slate.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tvall13
... with the extra person in his car we were pretty even I might have had him by a half a car length from 30-110....
oh come on, bad 2-3 shift...haha, it was a lot faster than i thought it was going to be too. from the reviews it sounded like it was going to be a dog, but it's a really good performer.

ps- i'll be at the meet on the 11th. TB evo ix.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Yeah, I know, but it was right there the whole time. Gap might have increased if we were at a track, but through one gear it was there. Looked pretty good too...white is definitely the color I would get if I got one.
One gear doesn't do much justice - the X's spool pretty fast (smaller turbo). You go all of 2nd, 3rd, and maybe part of 4th or even 3rd/4th and you will see a difference (I would think).

Plus if your still on the stock bcs with stock boost that certainly doesn't help you get moving any faster - but with your tbe you will pull harder up top. Have you gotten any new mods?

From what I remember of your tune there is some def. room left on the table for some more power - but you need a wideband to unlock it properly
Old Mar 31, 2008, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by spumoni1984
oh come on, bad 2-3 shift...haha, it was a lot faster than i thought it was going to be too. from the reviews it sounded like it was going to be a dog, but it's a really good performer.

ps- i'll be at the meet on the 11th. TB evo ix.
Haha i'll give ya that but we were still even if anything with the extra person in your car.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

hey does anyone here need any stock air filters?

i got 2 or 3 of the panels lying around that have somehow or another found their way in to my basement.

i have a K&N drop in, so i don't use them, but they're perfectly good (and i am a huge pack rat) so i figured i would hang on to them just in case.

i don't want any money or anything for them, as mentioned before i am a pack rat, and hate throwing away something that's perfectly good, that someone else might be able to use. ha.

pm me if interested.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by travman
One gear doesn't do much justice - the X's spool pretty fast (smaller turbo). You go all of 2nd, 3rd, and maybe part of 4th or even 3rd/4th and you will see a difference (I would think).

Plus if your still on the stock bcs with stock boost that certainly doesn't help you get moving any faster - but with your tbe you will pull harder up top. Have you gotten any new mods?

From what I remember of your tune there is some def. room left on the table for some more power - but you need a wideband to unlock it properly
No, don't have the wideband yet. I'm still trying to figure out how i'm gonna arrange a time to get it tuned properly. I'd probably need you to reflash it or something and then have Jestr email tune it. I have a ported 02 and wanted to get a ported manifold. But, basically, I need the ported manifold, 02, wideband, boost controller, and pump installed and tuned at once...i'm just trying to figure out how to get that done. The other issue is, I don't feel competent enough to do the installs by myself - so I'd either have Mike do it or would need someone to help me...i'd rather just have Mike do it all. Any suggestions?

Not to mention, i'm trying to save money to get coilovers and upgraded brake parts. Its a process.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, don't have the wideband yet. I'm still trying to figure out how i'm gonna arrange a time to get it tuned properly. I'd probably need you to reflash it or something and then have Jestr email tune it. I have a ported 02 and wanted to get a ported manifold. But, basically, I need the ported manifold, 02, wideband, boost controller, and pump installed and tuned at once...i'm just trying to figure out how to get that done. The other issue is, I don't feel competent enough to do the installs by myself - so I'd either have Mike do it or would need someone to help me...i'd rather just have Mike do it all. Any suggestions?

Not to mention, i'm trying to save money to get coilovers and upgraded brake parts. Its a process.
Curious as to why you are getting a fuel pump at this point? Precaution, or investment for future upgrades?
Old Mar 31, 2008, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Boost controller you could put in anytime - your basically "tuned" for it already. That tune is safe enough to run 23-24psi spikes no problem which will give you more initial snap down low and also will hold more boost up top..

Yeah if your doing a O2 housing then do the manifold at the same time.....its not a bad install, hardest part is taking everything off to get to what you want to take out. Just dont **** with the turbo manifold studs - they **** you hard and in an uncomfortable place with no gentle touch to let you know it will be ok.

I did a walbro pump because I was going lean up top and now it seems to be much better - the IX pump is good but at some point you will want to change it. I actually didn't even need to re-tune for my walbro only thing that changed was I kept a solid afr to redline - thats how well the IX pump works.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:03 AM

i just dropped $30 on a raffle ticket for AMS over the phone...doesnt sound like a bad deal at all to me but theres not too many spots left...im sittin at #193 and theyre only taking 200

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=334799

Last edited by Posey075; Mar 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Posey075
i just dropped $30 on a raffle ticket for AMS over the phone...doesnt sound like a bad deal at all to me but theres not too many spots left...im sittin at #193 and theyre only taking 200

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=334799

Does not look like $6000 worth of goods to me. neat new way of making some quick cash
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Does not look like $6000 worth of goods to me. neat new way of making some quick cash
it's all about the branding.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Depending what turbo kit you select seems to be around $7 grand in parts. The 35r kit (which is what I would pick) is $4700.00, Intake is $1000.00, catback is $600.00, Intercooler is $700ish.

They are making money but its not much more than if they sold the parts directly... They could have allowed more than 200 and really made some cash, but that wouldn't be honest now would it

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet