Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame
If Saturday isn't a possibility, then maybe meet earlier in the day Friday then we could go watch the game later on at D&B or at a bar.
Thats not a bad idea...

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I was down in the 'Burgh all weekend and didnt see one other EVO. Anyway, just wanted to ask and see how many people were planning to go to Carlisle this year?
When is Carlisle? Is Carlisle just a big, general car meet? I've never been there.

Edit: Nevermind, just saw the other thread you started...
Old Apr 7, 2008, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I was down in the 'Burgh all weekend and didnt see one other EVO. Anyway, just wanted to ask and see how many people were planning to go to Carlisle this year?
Jabba Mike used to show at Carlisle and took home the gold a few times I beleive. I think he got screwed last year though and quit going. I'd only go if a few other guys were going.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:07 PM

I certainly don't carry much weight here but I would be in favor of an earlier time on Friday and not a move to Saturday. I got this day off from work two weeks ago and have to work two Sundays because of it. I personally would be rather pissed to have to miss the meet because it was changed a few days before it was scheduled to happen. I am a huge pens fan and if there is a game 5 I already have tickets. I would rather watch it at a sports bar or D&B with a bunch of crazy Pens fans than at home alone with my wife *****ing at me for ignoring her... Just my two cents.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

-edit- stupid question, just looked it up on the pens website. looks like 7pm.

Last edited by MondoBongo; Apr 7, 2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05viiiTB
I certainly don't carry much weight here but I would be in favor of an earlier time on Friday and not a move to Saturday. I got this day off from work two weeks ago and have to work two Sundays because of it. I personally would be rather pissed to have to miss the meet because it was changed a few days before it was scheduled to happen. I am a huge pens fan and if there is a game 5 I already have tickets. I would rather watch it at a sports bar or D&B with a bunch of crazy Pens fans than at home alone with my wife *****ing at me for ignoring her... Just my two cents.
I hear ya man, it's cool with me. I'm sure most people work during the day Friday, so possibly right after work? I could get down there anytime, so I'm not concerned. What does everyone else think? 5:00? Or possibly after the game at say 9:30 or 10:00? Both? Any other suggestions?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Build Update

Well my stage 3 Buschur Racing short block is complete and paid for. Kind of stoked about this even though it will not be running still anytime soon.

Just knowin what is actually broke is no longer a issue is a relief.

Next on the long list is get my head out there so they can start the stage 3 process to the head.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Well my stage 3 Buschur Racing short block is complete and paid for. Kind of stoked about this even though it will not be running still anytime soon.

Just knowin what is actually broke is no longer a issue is a relief.

Next on the long list is get my head out there so they can start the stage 3 process to the head.
glad to hear the heart of your new monster is one step closer to beating.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:43 PM

i say we leave the meet as it is...its been planned for over a month now and it would only decrease the number of people that can go if its changed....the game...u cant miss 1 game out of a series? ..im not really a hockey fan, so it doesnt bother me...if u cant....just stop down after the game..im sure people will still be at the waterfront..thats just my 2 cents
Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
I hear ya man, it's cool with me. I'm sure most people work during the day Friday, so possibly right after work? I could get down there anytime, so I'm not concerned. What does everyone else think? 5:00? Or possibly after the game at say 9:30 or 10:00? Both? Any other suggestions?
Meeting at 5 would be cool with me! Wash after school, eat, and then head down. This also means more day light for pics / vids plus I can stay longer since I won't have to leave at 11 and be pissed for not enough time

5 guys?!?!

Old Apr 7, 2008, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by EVORaab
Meeting at 5 would be cool with me! Wash after school, eat, and then head down. This also means more day light for pics / vids plus I can stay longer since I won't have to leave at 11 and be pissed for not enough time

5 guys?!?!

I am in for 5.

Jeff and Rob that means we leave like 4ish. Wanna meet at Mt. View then?
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Well Mike, I held of all the vettes today and took Fastest time. 39.8. Next fastest was a 40.5 soooo. I pretty much cleaned up. Now the other Evo drivers out there all did dam good today. Some great battles. Justin, Dave, Frank and Kristi, and Colin all ran some great times.

Oh and dam my car feels good. This is really a serious beast i have assembled. It will even be faster with a front sway. And the Diff felt like it has been in there from the start. And lets just say i didn't really baby the car.
Jeremy , Congrats on the time was that the fastest on the track overall or your class. I assume you are in the fastest class anyway right??

How is that LSD feelin? I am very seriously considering the upgrade when I do the transfer case during the build process
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

For Sale

Fella's, I have a few items for sale

RS*R downpipe and catback 80mm accepts stock donut gasket

Extrude Hone ported & polished stock intake manifold , Powder coated gloss black. It is a beautiful looking piece that proved to perform well.

It had proved to gain 2mph in the quarter mile running exact same boost as a previous runs

I also have a few gauges I am considering selling. They are Greddy 60mm peak/hold electronic gauges. fuel pressure / boost / EGT

Not sure if I want to sell the gauges 100% but who knows

Let me know if anyone is interested

Last edited by steelcityevo8; Apr 7, 2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Kinda bummed cause I had planned on meeting there at 7:30 this whole time. I'm a big pens fan but there are gonna whip the sens so not to concerned missing the first one. I don't know, if the meeting start at 5 and everyone is already taking pics and stuff kinda worthless for me to take the hour hike down, just my two cents which I know doesn't mean crap.
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mike01gsr
Kinda bummed cause I had planned on meeting there at 7:30 this whole time. I'm a big pens fan but there are gonna whip the sens so not to concerned missing the first one. I don't know, if the meeting start at 5 and everyone is already taking pics and stuff kinda worthless for me to take the hour hike down, just my two cents which I know doesn't mean crap.
Lets just stick to the original time of 7-7:30....night shots are always good
Old Apr 7, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

PITTSBURGH EVO MEET

When? - April 11, 2008 @ 7:00PM
Where? - Top of Macy's Parking Garage (Waterfront)
What? - Car meet, pictures & video, and Dave and Busters
Who? - All Pittsburgh EVO owners...or whatever!

CONFIRMED LIST
  • Evolved (EVO VIII)
  • Garcia10 (EVO IX MR)
  • MondoBongo (EVO IX MR SE)
  • arbo651 (EVO X)
  • bvdawg13 (EVO VIII)
  • tvall13 (EVO X)
  • xslowx (EVO VIII)
  • travman (EVO IX)
  • Canexican (EVO IX MR)
  • Mike01gsr (EVO IX MR)
  • gt420hp (EVO IX MR)
  • LagginTimes (EVO IX MR)
  • Posey075 (EVO IX MR)
  • Thegame (EVO VIII)
  • EvoDan (EVO VIII)
  • 05viiiTB (EVO VIII)
  • JMCZ (EVO IX MR)
  • EVO8emUp (EVO VIII MR)

VIP LIST
  • EVORaab (M3)

If you're interested in attending just reply to this thread and I'll add you to the list. Please also leave the model and color of your EVO.

Anyone that has changed their mind, please let us know...or if you'd like to come!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet