Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2008, 04:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hell I was going to watch a movie but I think I will grab some popcorn and stick around here all night - full of entertainment and action packed sequences.

Old Apr 13, 2008, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
1. I want some. I thought we were going to be ready to do this in april as per our discussions last fall. Just so that its out their we agreed to a 60mph roll on race. My car has been running for awhile now, hell I even had it out to York for some dyno time then turned around and took it to Pittsburgh.

2. Its not polite to brag about how much money you are throwing around. Didn't your parents teach you manners? Or are they too busy funding your evo "project"?

3. At least he has some photos of real cars that run.
And more S hit talking , I would like to see this race though for real!!!!

P Pab will have his stuff done I am sure as soon as "SlowBoy" can get their s hit together.

It is rediculous that fockers talk s hit behind backs , for all the locals just speak your mind and call it how you feel

I gotta give Travman and his boy here Dan l some respect , atleast they say what they feel without discretion I can admire that right there as far as some of the others , I am sure I was at the butt of alot of those snide jokes/remarks
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
And more S hit talking , I would like to see this race though for real!!!!
I doubt it will unfortunately. He hasn't replied to my last two PM's inquiring about the race. I am fairly certain the car will never be seen by anyone and will be sold to cover up all the lies. The worst part is my DSM isn't even that fast! With the parts he is claiming to run he should be able to go from 60-160 and back to 0 before i even get out of third gear.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Just one more shot... Anybody know Jeffrey Kim from Huntingdon valley, PA with a black evo IX.... he was parting out an entire IX a couple weeks ago and post under Ill-Luzion... i bought a shep tranny from him and he has dissapeared
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

I doubt it will unfortunately. He hasn't replied to my last two PM's inquiring about the race. I am fairly certain the car will never be seen by anyone and will be sold to cover up all the lies. The worst part is my DSM isn't even that fast! With the parts he is claiming to run he should be able to go from 60-160 and back to 0 before i even get out of third gear.
hey dumb sh t open your eyes I pmed you back like 20 minutes after you sent me this one...

Quote:
Is your car about ready. Were shooting for racing in april correct?

Soon i can only hope. stopped at SBR today and they had blasted my block and are hot tanking it tomorrow. Then the head will be ported and the bigger valves will be put in hopefully next week sometime.

All in all, the motor and drive train will be ready before april, but the tune and injectors/pump/piping might not be till may.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

1. I want some. I thought we were going to be ready to do this in april as per our discussions last fall. Just so that its out their we agreed to a 60mph roll on race. My car has been running for awhile now, hell I even had it out to York for some dyno time then turned around and took it to Pittsburgh.

2. Its not polite to brag about how much money you are throwing around. Didn't your parents teach you manners? Or are they too busy funding your evo "project"?

3. At least he has some photos of real cars that run.

1) i just posted what you and I conversed about. Builds take time. It will be 10 months this month since i started the build, and i quoted myself 1 year from tear down date. I will make my 1 year time goal.

2) I am sorry i work my *** off at several jobs at a time, trying to fund my build. My parents last purchased me 2 front tires for my ford probe when i was 16 years old on my birthday. And for people who keep mocking the word "project" and "build" i dont understand where the sarcasm is coming from... Sorry i dont daily drive my evo and put 50,000+ miles on it a year, and treat it more of a toy than a way of transportation. And i do have manners. I only post what i am asked. i dont call people out for no reason.

3) excuse me for not having my car running during one of the $hittiest seasons of the year. Track just opened, so whats the rush? ?

The sad thing is, i am attempting to do this build correct, with the correct parts and labor involved and all i get is haters and gripes. There were 9 heads infront of mine, and like 5 blocks. cant just jump in front of others...

be patient. be patient.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:29 PM
Account Disabled

That was the last PM I got from you. However I sent at least one more (and I think yet another follow up one) and did not get a reply.

I would like to see some pictures of your build so far since you only provide what is asked.

Don't take me wrong, I have nothing against you. I just got the feeling you are ducking me. I worked all winter amped up for a good race and it doesen't look like its going to happen any time soon.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by E VOL IX
Just one more shot... Anybody know Jeffrey Kim from Huntingdon valley, PA with a black evo IX.... he was parting out an entire IX a couple weeks ago and post under Ill-Luzion... i bought a shep tranny from him and he has dissapeared
that douche has struck again eh?

he pops in to the thread now and again, talks sh*t, and then leaves.

i don't believe any of the regulars here have actually ever met him.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Hell I was going to watch a movie but I think I will grab some popcorn and stick around here all night - full of entertainment and action packed sequences.

i got a bag of kettle corn going in the microwave right now. maybe we can get brian to bring some of his home brews and we can have an evoM drama party.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

That was the last PM I got from you. However I sent at least one more (and I think yet another follow up one) and did not get a reply.

I would like to see some pictures of your build so far since you only provide what is asked.

Don't take me wrong, I have nothing against you. I just got the feeling you are ducking me. I worked all winter amped up for a good race and it doesen't look like its going to happen any time soon.
sorry to make you wait lol but remember. good things happen to people who wait!

I will stop by tomorrow at the shop and snap off some pictures of my head/block with the toe tags on em.

As for the rest of the car, i will snap off photos that are dated of the car still torn apart. my triple disk clutch, internals that were already posted and anything else you need for verification.

and as for the other PM. I dont duck anyone lol When i was selling all my stock parts last month, my inbox has filled about 3 times. because i only delete my oldest 100 messages at a time..

We will keep in touch. If you like pm me your number and we can discuss this where it does not take 20 minutes to type,
Old Apr 13, 2008, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
that douche has struck again eh?

he pops in to the thread now and again, talks sh*t, and then leaves.

i don't believe any of the regulars here have actually ever met him.

damn figures.... good well i got a 500 dollar reward for anybody up there who tracks his *** and my transmission down ahahahaha
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
sorry to make you wait lol but remember. good things happen to people who wait!
Once racing season starts I spend most of my spare time working on the car making it faster and repairing broken parts. Pretty much after april I am at the track in my spare time so thats why I was shooting for april. Actually last weekend it was nice out and would have been a good time to have a race.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

damn figures.... good well i got a 500 dollar reward for anybody up there who tracks his *** and my transmission down ahahahaha
got an address or any pertinent information?
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Well , Dan and Eric I would love to have a threesome, on the race that is

But I really dont anticipate being done before bad weather. I wouuld like to think that I am being patient and doing the build correctly bye taking my time and doing what should be done when the car is tore down to this extent.

Its s hitty that the locals , those who have all hung out together gone places and done things as so so friends start talkin smack amongst themselves and pointing fingers at people calling them liars about their builds. And for what? cause in their minds it hasnt gotten done over night?? WTF??

What since I wont have my car running next week I am going to be treated and looked at like less of a Evo owner? I would like to think that I am doing a fairly interesting build well in my own mind it is. But it seems that people just wanna talk smack. Thats cool no deal!!!!

I can vouch that Erics build is real and is happening have some patience. There will be plenty of nice weather and oppurtunity to do some runs
Old Apr 13, 2008, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

What info do you have on the guy?
You should call the local police in his area and the FBI.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet