Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
yeah its like $4200.00 I am doing the regular triple. Carbon clutches are no go for daily driving. They need to be heated up before you launch the car. they break down fast if not tracked properly. The nice thing is, they are not THAT expensive to repair, but you can only repair them like 3 times before it is necessary to buy a whole new clutch...
That is just plain stupid lol why in the hell would I buy that clutch for that much when they go out so easily.......
Old Apr 20, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

well, another fun autocross today. the weather even cleared up nicely, and by mid afternoon we were enjoying the sun.

dave, colin, jim, and travis, impressive driving today guys. it was nice to see so many evos turn out.

you guys need to slow down though, you're making me look bad

jeremy, congrats on FTD man, i am hoping for a long streak of those this season!

so all in all, a good day.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
That is just plain stupid lol why in the hell would I buy that clutch for that much when they go out so easily.......
You can't burn carbon. When carbon heats up it gets even more sticky. I'm not exactly sure how you wear out a carbon, but I know it's not like cerametalic or kevlar. The trade off of course is the price like he said and the fact that it's not really streetable. Other than that, if you live at the strip Carbon would probably be cheaper in the long run.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 06:55 PM

Hey guys, finally got my dents fixed and while I had it up at Baierl getting the dents fixed I told them to do the reflash. Which they claimed wasn't out yet but I told them it was and eventually they found it on their computer after many excuses. It made a HUGE difference in power at the top end. For those of you that test drove one I'm sure you noticed how it lost all its power after about 5500-5800 rpm but now it pulls hard all the way till redline. For anyone that gets an X make sure the flash has been done. I know someone on here did a Dyno test before and after and netted a 15 hp increase at the wheels with just a flash.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tvall13
Hey guys, finally got my dents fixed and while I had it up at Baierl getting the dents fixed I told them to do the reflash. Which they claimed wasn't out yet but I told them it was and eventually they found it on their computer after many excuses. It made a HUGE difference in power at the top end. For those of you that test drove one I'm sure you noticed how it lost all its power after about 5500-5800 rpm but now it pulls hard all the way till redline. For anyone that gets an X make sure the flash has been done. I know someone on here did a Dyno test before and after and netted a 15 hp increase at the wheels with just a flash.
so mitsu put out their own reflash for the X already? that's pretty damn nifty.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

so i went to NC this weekend and saw two things. one my first supra in wv, but it was n/a. and the other, an evo on speed pass time. o and a yellow evo on the highway in nc
Old Apr 20, 2008, 07:50 PM

yeah the a/f ratio was awful so it was causing idling issues and some people were stalling out. It only affected the earlier models before a certain vin number. I'm assuming they just remapped the a/f ratio to cure the idling problems which in turn gave us more hp. Free hp FTW!
Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Well its a sad day for me.....I had to let the evo go - just couldn't afford it anymore. Now I get to drive this car, it basically sucks but least it gets me to work/home and it was cheap.

I hope it can at least auto-x decent.......
Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
Well its a sad day for me.....I had to let the evo go - just couldn't afford it anymore. Now I get to drive this car, it basically sucks but least it gets me to work/home and it was cheap.

Trav are you serious?
Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

So are there any big shows/meets/races/events coming up this summer? I want to make more of an effort to come back home and hit this stuff up on weekends. I remember there used to be HIN and Import Fusion back in the day but its been a while since I have been out there for car events. Just wanted to touch base with you guys...
Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

that's straight up baller travis!

with the money you are saving on insurance and gas, you can buy some spinners and a grill.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Nice try travman!!! you pulled this shat last time you wrecked at apple bees!!! and needed the dents taken out

I bet you are having a mod put on that requires your car to go under the knife for a day or so, and you got stuck with this stinky rent a car!!!

I have a good memory, in fact the car you said you bought was a hyundai elantra or something
Old Apr 21, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
so i went to NC this weekend and saw two things. one my first supra in wv, but it was n/a. and the other, an evo on speed pass time. o and a yellow evo on the highway in nc
supras are still bad A$$ in my book... the value they hold is just retarded. KBB'd a 95 with like 50,000 miles and it was like $29000 and a 97 with 30K and it was worth $35,900 WTF!?!? it was brand new only $39.000

Prices are starting to drop finally thanks to the large gap from tokyo drift till the new one coming out in 09

As for the yellow evo, i wish they made that color in the USA for 2006.. i kinda miss it
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Nice try travman!!! you pulled this shat last time you wrecked at apple bees!!! and needed the dents taken out

I bet you are having a mod put on that requires your car to go under the knife for a day or so, and you got stuck with this stinky rent a car!!!

I have a good memory, in fact the car you said you bought was a hyundai elantra or something

I didn't "wreck" just had a slight mishap at 2 mph and no other cars were involved.....

ah the elantra how i miss thee - the stratus just doesn't have the kick the elantra had - but roomier for sure.

The car is at mitsu for warranty work will be back in 3 days - a very very long 3 days!!!!
Old Apr 21, 2008, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
that's straight up baller travis!

with the money you are saving on insurance and gas, you can buy some spinners and a grill.
I would settle for some new rotors - the thing brakes like garbage

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet