Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
now that the bickering is over, lol. what is instant on, are locals soon to be able to use radar, and how does that fund your "nepotism jobs"? your post sorta really confused me
Instant on>> This is basically radar that acts like a gun, you pull the trigger to get a reading on the car you are pointed at and then it turns off. It is not on ALL the time. Some radar systems, typically the ones on road signs are left on all the time.

The local communities are constantly lobbying Harrisburg to get to be able to use radar guns "for your safety". Obviously, they want it so they can write more tickets,
for revenue that are harder to challenge. This will increase funding so they can hire more officials to "protect your safety", and perhaps occasionally write more tickets.
The state won't give it to them because that might cut into the ticket revenue of the state troopers. Oh, the irony.

Example: Back in the day Killbuck used to fund it's entire little government from ticket revenue. They wrote more tickets then the entire city of Pittsburgh.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah ive gotten like 4 tickets in kilbuck altogether
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
yeah ive gotten like 4 tickets in kilbuck altogether
DAMN. Good thing they are gone now.

How comes the home brew?
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Instant on>> This is basically radar that acts like a gun, you pull the trigger to get a reading on the car you are pointed at and then it turns off. It is not on ALL the time. Some radar systems, typically the ones on road signs are left on all the time.

The local communities are constantly lobbying Harrisburg to get to be able to use radar guns "for your safety". Obviously, they want it so they can write more tickets,
for revenue that are harder to challenge. This will increase funding so they can hire more officials to "protect your safety", and perhaps occasionally write more tickets.
The state won't give it to them because that might cut into the ticket revenue of the state troopers. Oh, the irony.

Example: Back in the day Killbuck used to fund it's entire little government from ticket revenue. They wrote more tickets then the entire city of Pittsburgh.
the self perpetuating cycle of fear and abuse of power that eventually leads to a full fledged police state.

practice your goose stepping. it takes a little work to get it down right.
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

Did anyone else notice that we covered 98 pages of threads in 1 month exactly.

That is alot of useless talking we all need to get some next tel phones and just beep each other when we want to say something... lets make it an even 1 hundred pages. we need to get in about 20 more posts in 40 minutes lol
Old Apr 23, 2008, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

i gotcha now. i really dont like cops when they sit on the road and just try to get speeders. thats not their job, there supposed to "protect and serve" that doesnt really protect me.

im all for the idea of a "recomended speed" on bigger roads away from alot of homes and such. that would stop the cops from pulling you over for going 5mps over. I absolutly understand getting pulled over for flying down the street but its rediculous to have the limits causing people to constantly look at the guage, am i going over to much??
my opinion, but my views of cops are veeeery stereotypical and well unkind
Old Apr 23, 2008, 10:58 PM

did you see me, i honked to but you were talking to the teller i think
No I didn't, sorry. I'm sure that I will see you around though as I am living in the area now.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 03:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
the self perpetuating cycle of fear and abuse of power that eventually leads to a full fledged police state.

practice your goose stepping. it takes a little work to get it down right.
i gotcha now. i really dont like cops when they sit on the road and just try to get speeders. thats not their job, there supposed to "protect and serve" that doesnt really protect me.

im all for the idea of a "recomended speed" on bigger roads away from alot of homes and such. that would stop the cops from pulling you over for going 5mps over. I absolutly understand getting pulled over for flying down the street but its rediculous to have the limits causing people to constantly look at the guage, am i going over to much??
my opinion, but my views of cops are veeeery stereotypical and well unkind
Gents you bring up some important points. In fact I suggest we celebrate the profiling of our "fast and furious" cars to the fullest.

Imagine if we drove 25mph(the speed limit on parts of 837), 45mph on the HIGHWAY portion of 65, not to mention the rest of it) Shale I bring up Route 60, 51, I279(50MPH?? I'm not kidding) etc etc.

So whenever you are traveling with another EVO just drive side by side so other can't pass and show people just how low the limits really are.

Last edited by Evol.ved; Apr 24, 2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Did anyone else notice that we covered 98 pages of threads in 1 month exactly.

That is alot of useless talking we all need to get some next tel phones and just beep each other when we want to say something... lets make it an even 1 hundred pages. we need to get in about 20 more posts in 40 minutes lol
FYI: You can change the page view up to 100 posts at a time under user CP.

Makes evom easier to read IMO. So this is page 103 for some.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Gents you bring up some important points. In fact I suggest we celebrate the profiling of our "fast and furious" cars to the fullest
"Look dad its a street racer"..............

- yes a little kid pointed at me and my car in a parking lot and said that - I wanted to drop kick that little bast*rd in the face.

The recent one my gf heard going to the autoshow sitting at a light downtown:

"whoa look at that he thinks hes fast and furious......"

Last edited by travman; Apr 24, 2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

A local evo owner, who doesn't post here has some interesting stuff for sale. He's moving back to China.

A wicked White 8/9 RS trunk lid.
Stock IX rims
A complete factory gauge cluster.

If anyone is interested I'll get his contact info when I see him.

Last edited by Evol.ved; Apr 24, 2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
"Look dad its a street racer"..............

- yes a little kid pointed at me and my car in a parking lot and said that - I wanted to drop kick that little bast*rd in the face.

The recent one my gf heard going to the autoshow sitting at a light downtown:

"whoa look at that he thinks hes fast and furious......"

make sure you blow the welds on the intake manifold when you drive by!
Old Apr 24, 2008, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

A local evo owner, who doesn't post here has some interesting stuff for sale. He's moving back to China.

A wicked White 8/9 RS trunk lid.
Stock IX rims
A complete factory gauge cluster.

If anyone is interested I'll get his contact info when I see him.
i would love to have that trunk in silver or the wheels for drag radials... what are his prices.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133

make sure you blow the welds on the intake manifold when you drive by!
I was waiting for my floor boards to fall out when my laptop was blinking "DANGER to MANIFOLD"- but it didn't happen

Now I must go and overnight parts from japan.......maybe 2 nawz bottles as well.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
I was waiting for my floor boards to fall out when my laptop was blinking "DANGER to MANIFOLD"- but it didn't happen

Now I must go and overnight parts from japan.......maybe 2 nawz bottles as well.
at least you can put it on your tab at harry's!!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet