Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame
Still the same clutch problem. I posted a link to the problem last week and Mike has been doing his best to help me out. Basically, after my shep work and installing an ACT (all done by Shep), a week later suddenly the clutch pedal became ultra stiff. I mean heavy as hell! It still works though, but it's such a headache. Everyday now it does it intermittently. We replaced the master cylinder, slave cylinder, bled the lines, mike checked out the TOB, etc. all to no avail. So I bought a new clutch. I figured I was paying for another install, so I might as well buy a brand new product. We'll find out what's wrong, hopefully Thursday. I'm not upset at installers or a product defect, I just want my car working! Whatever we find, I'll take the proper steps to get it corrected through ACT or Shep or whomever. I could not have any down time though, so this was the best route. I don't blame anyone or anything, but I will have my vengence!
ah damn man. i thought the master/slave cyl swap fixed it for you.

well that sucks ***. i'm sure mike will track down the issue for you though.

best of luck to you man. i hope she is 100% very soon.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
lancer!

Yes Justin you can run any clutch in BSP.

Nobody will care if you run in a class with illegal mods until you start beating everyone. And let me tell you from experience. Beating alot of these guys will take alot more then some illegal mods to gain you alittle HP. We have a extremely fast region around here. There are a few National champions, and a few 2-5 place national guys.

Now don't get me wrong, the evo's can do very well around here. And alot of you guys will do great. I think Colin is in the best position. If i were in his boots i'd just put on a set of hoosiers. (new or used) and be able to compete in a tuff class with a few good drivers. AS is great and nodody has ever seen a stock evo perform in it. I think it would do pretty well.

you're making me blush jeremy . we'll see if that government surplus check covers a nice pair of slicks. not to mention, i would love to see some other guys come out in AS. i always have to work while all the other evo's are racing.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
As Justin and I were discussing, I think it would almost be easier with a little less power on the autoX course. Especially with how slick that course was yesterday, I was sliding around under power on my beat A046's the whole time. Not taking anything away from Colin here as his driving was awesome - extremely smooth and great lines - but I almost wish I had his stock power levels. The only time the power benefits you is off the line and in the straighter sections, which are very few. If you don't have traction, you don't have shizzat.

Looks like its back to looking at wheel/tire mods. Need to pick up some lightweight 18's and looking at the Falken RT-615s in 245/40/18. I know they aren't the best, but they aren't bad and they are relatively affordable.
that thought had crossed my mind too. i mean really, when you get down to it, it's not that big a difference between hp for our cars. i think suspension, tires, and sway bars are the biggest thing to add; i don't even think brakes matter all that much- apart from what we have stock. we've all seen the miata's throw down ridiculous times (when they don't spin).

another event this sunday, i'd really like to see a new X out on the course they HAVE to be broken in by now right????
Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spumoni1984
another event this sunday, i'd really like to see a new X out on the course they HAVE to be broken in by now right????
i think baierl should lend me an X for the day to drive.

seeing as how i am such a cool guy and all.

what do you think mike?
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:02 PM

Loaner Car

Well justin I could show you where the key room is...... What color do you want...
Old Apr 29, 2008, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

hmmm, well i do really miss my electric blue car. i think a blue one would be perfect.

Last edited by MondoBongo; Apr 29, 2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:16 PM
Evolving Member

I second a blue one...
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

how many Xs do you have down there?!

and Travman, there is no way you got the clutch and the flywheel for 600, did you??? just clutch maybe,either way where did u buy it from. cuz i might be in need. but after what im hearing here idk if ide want to bother with that one
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gt420hp
I second a blue one...
wait a sec, RED EVO. you cant be a kid named matt can you?
Old Apr 29, 2008, 08:08 PM

that thought had crossed my mind too. i mean really, when you get down to it, it's not that big a difference between hp for our cars. i think suspension, tires, and sway bars are the biggest thing to add; i don't even think brakes matter all that much- apart from what we have stock. we've all seen the miata's throw down ridiculous times (when they don't spin).

Wish I could help you guys out. It's definitely broken in but I don't have to money to be going to the track and replacing tires. Just graduated once I get a real job and get some cash flow I'm sure you'll be seein me out there.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tvall13
Wish I could help you guys out. It's definitely broken in but I don't have to money to be going to the track and replacing tires. Just graduated once I get a real job and get some cash flow I'm sure you'll be seein me out there.
well, to play devil's advocate, it's just an autocross, it's not that hard on the tires if it is just one event.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

hey guys, they put some pictures up on autoXphotos from sunday...

http://autoxphotos.com/gallery.asp?categoryid=371

Last edited by MondoBongo; Apr 29, 2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
how many Xs do you have down there?!

and Travman, there is no way you got the clutch and the flywheel for 600, did you??? just clutch maybe,either way where did u buy it from. cuz i might be in need. but after what im hearing here idk if ide want to bother with that one
I didn't buy a clutch and flywheel?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

great pictures mondo, who took all of those?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

great pictures mondo, who took all of those?

Bob Kilmer who drives the S2000 CR and Ethan "If It Weren't For That Cone" Conner, who drives a BMW e40 M3

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet