Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2008, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evol.ved
If any of you have the old style TTP downpipe(AKA megan racing) for the 05-06 EVO's/ It has a flex section. Take a look at your transfer case. I just had mine swapped out(thanks Mike) this morning and here is what it looked like. It was replaced with the new megan downpipe, no flex section which fits perfect.

If it isn't clear what you see is how the DP did not fit and rubbed away 1/16 of an inch into the t case. The spot is about the size of half a quarter.

The DP will fit the 03-04 cars fine so if anyone wants this one they can have it for pretty much nothing. Even has a bung welded in for the wideband. I hate the idea of just throwing it out.

Ok this might be a dumb question but are you saying TTP is the owner and creator of Megan Racing? TTP being Track and Tarmac Performance? Or did he just buy the rights? Or what?
Old May 2, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
Ok this might be a dumb question but are you saying TTP is the owner and creator of Megan Racing? TTP being Track and Tarmac Performance? Or did he just buy the rights? Or what?
I really don't know the business end of things. I just know that generally if you bought a "TTP" part it could be mistaken for a megan racing part with the little "megan" tag removed.

Chances are if you bought one of these 05-06 DP's with a flex section, regardless of who "made" it you probably got the same part and should give your T-case a good hard look for what I pictured above. Some, like Buschur make their own stuff. Most don't.
Old May 3, 2008, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

well, since the thread has been a little dead the last couple days, just thought i would post a quick snapshot of what i am doing today.

some fresh steelhead filet on the grill!
Old May 3, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Did you catch that yourself?
Old May 3, 2008, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

haha, no i wish.

i love fishing, but i never catch a damn thing.

ever.

it's like a law of nature, that if i toss bait in the water, all the fish disapear. i had to catch this one at the super market,
Old May 3, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MondoBongo
i had to catch this one at the super market,
This is the way i have fished for years. Once you find the right fishing hole, you never come home empty handed
Old May 3, 2008, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
This is the way i have fished for years. Once you find the right fishing hole, you never come home empty handed
Wholeys in the strip
Old May 3, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mmmmm...Wholeys .

By the way, who all is planning on going to North Park tomorrow. I plan on being there and I think the girlfriend might actually go as well. Justin, if you are there, would you mind if I mooched your helmet again? If you've got a third one that would fit a girl's head (about the same size as mine ) that would be awesome. Thanks dude.
Old May 3, 2008, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Mmmmm...Wholeys .

By the way, who all is planning on going to North Park tomorrow. I plan on being there and I think the girlfriend might actually go as well. Justin, if you are there, would you mind if I mooched your helmet again? If you've got a third one that would fit a girl's head (about the same size as mine ) that would be awesome. Thanks dude.
you know i will be there.

it's my canned food drive tomorrow, so please bring some non perishable food items to donate.

ok, enough spam

yeah, i will have the extra helmet in tow, you're more than welcome to use it. unfortunately i only have the one extra, but if we stuff it with tissues or something, maybe we could make it fit your girlfriend.

the NHSCC also usually has a few loaner helmets available, she may fit better in to one of those.

i will be up there early around 8 to setup everything for the food drive, so just come find find me in the morning, and the helmet is yours for the day.
Old May 3, 2008, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

dave; ugh, i would not wear one of those helmets. all the nice sweaty mullets that have been in those things; there's enough hair gel in them to cover a high school prom. you more than welcome to use my pos dirt bike helmet though, i probably wont be in your heat if they run stock classes together. and i think i have that lice all cleared up!

justin, is there any reason to cook right off the rack? i usually cook fish on some aluminum foil, instead of the rack. it helps with keeping the skin intact, so that way my dogs get the skins. haha.
Old May 3, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

it gets more smoke when it is on the rack on indirect heat.

i should have oiled the grill a bit first though, because some of the skin did stick, but i don't have any dogs to feed it to, so no loss.
Old May 3, 2008, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
I really don't know the business end of things. I just know that generally if you bought a "TTP" part it could be mistaken for a megan racing part with the little "megan" tag removed.

Chances are if you bought one of these 05-06 DP's with a flex section, regardless of who "made" it you probably got the same part and should give your T-case a good hard look for what I pictured above. Some, like Buschur make their own stuff. Most don't.
O ok well I wouldnt buy TTP parts even if my life depending on it..........Be ware....Be very aware with him......
Old May 4, 2008, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
O ok well I wouldnt buy TTP parts even if my life depending on it..........Be ware....Be very aware with him......
I tend to agree there. I can't speak for their products, but the guy who posts on here from TTP is a real deuche.
Old May 4, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
it gets more smoke when it is on the rack on indirect heat.

i should have oiled the grill a bit first though, because some of the skin did stick, but i don't have any dogs to feed it to, so no loss.
try pam spray
Old May 4, 2008, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

I'm really kind of liking everything I hear about the X. I do like the exterior, it has grown on me. The interior is kind of disappointing, but who cares? If I could grab one without the SSS package, I could basically keep my monthly payments the same, just add on a few years. Who knows, I may have many parts for sale real soon.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet