Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn, i dont think im gonna be able to make it to the hick rallyX. Evol.ved were you think about going at all?
Old May 8, 2008, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Stikiller666
Petey....hows the build going?
Car might be at the meet

If so it will be on a pump map, and miles being put on to seat the valves and break in the clutch.

I intend on getting the C16 map / E85 map shortly after everything is running.
Old May 8, 2008, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo

Cage - $800

http://www.pahillclimb.org/

but i am willing to bet you would have FAR more than 3 grand worth of fun carving up mountain roads.

Who did the cage for $800 ? is it a bolt in or welded in... Also how many point.

I am looking for an 8 point weld one, but they are like $1200 + and dont have that kinda dough just to be "allowed" to race at the track... But would love it to just be safer.
Old May 8, 2008, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
damn, i dont think im gonna be able to make it to the hick rallyX. Evol.ved were you think about going at all?
Not if it rains.
Old May 8, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Not if it rains.
true. im still hoping i can make this work out idk.

by the way, a thread on here had pics of some guys evo with an audi R8 and it reminded me. i was in pittsburgh last saturday and im pretty damn sure i saw one parked really far down in heinz field lot all alone. i shoulda went and taken pics but i was with other ppl and following someone. woulda been real cool, o well
Old May 8, 2008, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Who did the cage for $800 ? is it a bolt in or welded in... Also how many point.

I am looking for an 8 point weld one, but they are like $1200 + and dont have that kinda dough just to be "allowed" to race at the track... But would love it to just be safer.
that one was an autopower bolt in 6 point.

http://www.modacar.com/products/Mits...rollcages.html

wouldn't be the safest option for a fast drag car or a hill climb car, but it would be legal for hill climbing. not sure about NHRA rules though.
Old May 9, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

A lot of you guys already know, but for those of you who don't, I did the impossible yesterday. I traded in my Apex Silver VIII... I traded it for an Apex Silver X. It was a very emotional day for me as my VIII meant a lot to me. I was very sad to see it go, but at the same time I was excited to have a reliable performance car once again! It just seemed like my VIII became a money pit. I do have a bunch of parts for sale. I'll post up a list as soon as I go through everything. Hopefully I'll get some pics of the new ride as well.
Old May 9, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Thegame
A lot of you guys already know, but for those of you who don't, I did the impossible yesterday. I traded in my Apex Silver VIII... I traded it for an Apex Silver X. It was a very emotional day for me as my VIII meant a lot to me. I was very sad to see it go, but at the same time I was excited to have a reliable performance car once again! It just seemed like my VIII became a money pit. I do have a bunch of parts for sale. I'll post up a list as soon as I go through everything. Hopefully I'll get some pics of the new ride as well.
Congrats! Where did you get the X at? Options? I know you said you wanted to keep around the same payment - hopefully they were able to do that for ya!

Pics?

Last edited by MR. Tim; May 9, 2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old May 9, 2008, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Thegame: Congrats Silver X FTW!!

BTW LET'S GO PENS!!! Beat those filth-adelphia cryers!
Old May 9, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Congratulations!! im excited to see those pics, woulda been cool if you could have gotten both together. I think thats atleast 2 X's in here now or is it 3
Old May 9, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys! Justin tried to explain how to post pics, but I forgot.

I got one with the SSS and Aero packages. All of the X's at Baierl had both packages except for one. I actually was interested in the base one until I saw how much better I thought the aero package looked.

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
Congratulations!! im excited to see those pics, woulda been cool if you could have gotten both together. I think thats atleast 2 X's in here now or is it 3
That's a darn good idea. I should have taken side by side pics. I think I'm the third X guy around.
Old May 9, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet, hope you enjoy the new car - its always fun having a new car

- i just couldn't part with the 4G63, it completes me.....

Just remember if you leave them stock they don't turn into money pits as easy!
Old May 9, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah congrats........
Old May 9, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys, i don't know if it is anyone on here, but my buddy saw a wrecked evo 8/9 on 79 south this morning around 8am. hope the guy is ok; man does that suck. it was silver btw.

GO PENS!
Old May 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys! Justin tried to explain how to post pics, but I forgot.

I got one with the SSS and Aero packages. All of the X's at Baierl had both packages except for one. I actually was interested in the base one until I saw how much better I thought the aero package looked.

That's a darn good idea. I should have taken side by side pics. I think I'm the third X guy around.
you can email them to me, i will host and post them for you if you like.

deviant (at) comcast (dot) net

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet