Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
speaking of which, is your car in running condition yet cuz ive been hearing of a red evo roaming around here. and nah its not robs one im pretty sure. im guessing its this red sti i see all the time and ppl r just dumb

...i do believe your is red right

edit-thats meant for peteypab
No mine is out of the state.

Red STI? There is no such thing.

SteelCityEVO lives in North Huntingdon and has a Red EVO VIII that's currently down while it's being built up to a 37R setup. Probably this one...
Old May 20, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVORaab

SteelCityEVO lives in North Huntingdon and has a Red EVO VIII that's currently down while it's being built up to a 37R setup. Probably this one...
okay ix, but that red sti isnt one thats on ur lot r anything its just some guy around me... i saw him today again
Old May 20, 2008, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo22Lancer
Hey guys whats up. I need some advice.
I know a few of you (dan, paab and a few more) i use to go to meets and what not but sorta dropped off the radar when i moved down to myrtle beach to go to school. I recently moved back up and transfered to IUP. Since being in IUP im right next to SLOWBOY RACING.( before you keep reading keep in mind that im a really laid back kid and never get crazy or demanding when **** goes wrong with your car and a shop...or atleast i like to think so) so with that being said heres my story.....
My car needed alot of work done. A new short block and clutch to be precise. Toke my car to SLOWBOY RACING in INDIANA PA, right next to the University. They had no problem at all fixing it. Gave the car to SLOWBOYRACING on Feb 9th give or take a day or two. Called one of the managers (Jeff, which is actually a really cool guy and if it wasnt for him i would have blown up at them a very very very long time ago). At the end of the semester the car was done. First week of May. 4 months later I head to SLOWBOY RACING to pick up my car. Jeff throws me the keys and im outta there. Around 1 or 2 miles down the road I notice that the oil light was on and the car started to make funny sounds under the hood. I call SLOWBOY RACING. they said the sound was normal, hence you have a built motor now. I agreed but yet still pulled over. checked my oil. the dipstick look as if someone Washed it off and Cleaned it then stuck it in the engine(Because there was NO OIL IN MY ENGINE) --they forgot to put the catch can bolt for the oil back in.--Jeff came out and gave me oil and the bolt needed along with 200 dollars back. from just paying 5,000 for everything. So i thought it was over but kept on the drive home when i noticed the turbo was basically fried and wasnt producing any boost....toke it back the next day and was told it would take no longer than a week and everything would be taken care of. Im thinking Great but still sucky to not have a car, and i dont have to pay for anything( im nice, i didnt cause any problems thinking the car would be done in a week and working fine). here i am 3 weeks later and still without a car. I was told on monday it would be done today and that SLOWBOY RACING would call in the morning when done. ive got no call. and when i called SLOWBOY RACING everyone left. now a side note to the problems is that they refuse to put the car up on the dyno even though they keep pushing me too. because they want me to pay for dyno time. I have no money after a rental car and paying 5,000 dollars to them let alone enough for a dyno and tune. this is all a cause of SLOWBOY RACING not putting OIL in my ENGINE. I just wanna know what you guys would do if someone forgot to put OIL IN YOUR ENGINE like SLOWBOY RACING did. Now the turbo is my turbo that they sent to get fixed, they didnt buy me a new one, and wont pay for dyno time. would you guys take legal action? or just take all the run-a-rounds that your getting on why its taking so long for your car to be done? keep in mind also that they told me the turbo blew up because of turning the turbo off to soon, not from the oil-----ridiculous----but SLOWBOY RACING still fixed it, which i dont believe that was the cause because if it was...why did it blow up all of a sudden when there wasnt oil in it....now i know that you can count on SLOWBOY RACING defending themselves once they see this but i hope they do. They are VERY UNPROFESSIONAL in what they do by the NO CALL BACKS AND FALSE/USELESS/NOT KNOWING INFORMATION. sorry thats a long story. bottom line, just let me know what you fellas would do in this situation, if a car shop forgot to put oil in your engine!!!...id appreciate it!! and i wouldn't recommend anyone going to SLOWBOY RACING...ever...they are just very unprofessional with their work. Even though the guys that are the managers a down to earth and cool dudes, the work done by the owner is lazy and not quick at all.

thanks guys.
i'm really sorry to hear that man, from what i have seen and heard that is about par for the course for sbr.
Old May 20, 2008, 08:16 PM

They made a limited supply of red STI's... I believe like 500 and they look good!
Old May 20, 2008, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

results are up for the autocross on sunday guys.

http://www.nhscc.com/2008/20080518/2...2008.5.18a.htm

also, i found a grey sweat shirt laying on top of my stuff when i packed up for the day. is anyone missing it, because it's not mine.
Old May 21, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by garcia10
hey paab...whens this 37R gonna be done?
Motor is completely put together now. Looking for a day to have it put back in now.

Mr. Nicely and I are hopefully putting my ams fuel system on this week, but it has been sooo crappy out lately i have been just lazy.

Now having to take some summer classes at IUP i had to fork out $1800.00 for tuition and another $600.00 for rent just for one month so it looks like im going to hold off on the sparktech for a couple weeks now (short on cash )

This will give me some time to get everything running, and broken in. hopefully not just broken

soon.. soon.. Good things come for those who wait
Old May 21, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
+1
he speaks
Old May 21, 2008, 08:58 AM

yeah there is...there was the ESX limited edition STI
Old May 21, 2008, 09:37 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Evo22Lancer
Hey guys whats up. I need some advice.
I know a few of you (dan, paab and a few more) i use to go to meets and what not but sorta dropped off the radar when i moved down to myrtle beach to go to school. I recently moved back up and transfered to IUP. Since being in IUP im right next to SLOWBOY RACING.( before you keep reading keep in mind that im a really laid back kid and never get crazy or demanding when **** goes wrong with your car and a shop...or atleast i like to think so) so with that being said heres my story.....
My car needed alot of work done. A new short block and clutch to be precise. Toke my car to SLOWBOY RACING in INDIANA PA, right next to the University. They had no problem at all fixing it. Gave the car to SLOWBOYRACING on Feb 9th give or take a day or two. Called one of the managers (Jeff, which is actually a really cool guy and if it wasnt for him i would have blown up at them a very very very long time ago). At the end of the semester the car was done. First week of May. 4 months later I head to SLOWBOY RACING to pick up my car. Jeff throws me the keys and im outta there. Around 1 or 2 miles down the road I notice that the oil light was on and the car started to make funny sounds under the hood. I call SLOWBOY RACING. they said the sound was normal, hence you have a built motor now. I agreed but yet still pulled over. checked my oil. the dipstick look as if someone Washed it off and Cleaned it then stuck it in the engine(Because there was NO OIL IN MY ENGINE) --they forgot to put the catch can bolt for the oil back in.--Jeff came out and gave me oil and the bolt needed along with 200 dollars back. from just paying 5,000 for everything. So i thought it was over but kept on the drive home when i noticed the turbo was basically fried and wasnt producing any boost....toke it back the next day and was told it would take no longer than a week and everything would be taken care of. Im thinking Great but still sucky to not have a car, and i dont have to pay for anything( im nice, i didnt cause any problems thinking the car would be done in a week and working fine). here i am 3 weeks later and still without a car. I was told on monday it would be done today and that SLOWBOY RACING would call in the morning when done. ive got no call. and when i called SLOWBOY RACING everyone left. now a side note to the problems is that they refuse to put the car up on the dyno even though they keep pushing me too. because they want me to pay for dyno time. I have no money after a rental car and paying 5,000 dollars to them let alone enough for a dyno and tune. this is all a cause of SLOWBOY RACING not putting OIL in my ENGINE. I just wanna know what you guys would do if someone forgot to put OIL IN YOUR ENGINE like SLOWBOY RACING did. Now the turbo is my turbo that they sent to get fixed, they didnt buy me a new one, and wont pay for dyno time. would you guys take legal action? or just take all the run-a-rounds that your getting on why its taking so long for your car to be done? keep in mind also that they told me the turbo blew up because of turning the turbo off to soon, not from the oil-----ridiculous----but SLOWBOY RACING still fixed it, which i dont believe that was the cause because if it was...why did it blow up all of a sudden when there wasnt oil in it....now i know that you can count on SLOWBOY RACING defending themselves once they see this but i hope they do. They are VERY UNPROFESSIONAL in what they do by the NO CALL BACKS AND FALSE/USELESS/NOT KNOWING INFORMATION. sorry thats a long story. bottom line, just let me know what you fellas would do in this situation, if a car shop forgot to put oil in your engine!!!...id appreciate it!! and i wouldn't recommend anyone going to SLOWBOY RACING...ever...they are just very unprofessional with their work. Even though the guys that are the managers a down to earth and cool dudes, the work done by the owner is lazy and not quick at all.

thanks guys.
Bri whats up its Jeff, just to get the facts straight:

1) brought your car in, it needed a motor - we built it for you

2) we fixed the clutch problem the car was having as half of it was sitting broken in the bell housing (no charge)

3) we didnt forget to put oil in - the drain plug fell out when you were driving

4) yes I drove out with oil etc - i dont expect any praise for that - I would hope if i were a customer someone would do that for me - the treat others how you want to be treated thing

5) i have the email from our garrett dealer saying that the turbo was failling due to hot shutdown - despite that we paid $550 to fix it for you

6) as we just found out via our convo - we need to tear down the motor again and rebuild it - free of charge for you - because of our mistake

I know this whole situation sucsk and Brian was right - he has been about as cool as a customer could be - which is why i feel so bad - which is why i have pushed to fix everything that we can for free for him

You are just stuck without a car If i still had the silver wrx i'd let you take it buddy - sorry again but the car will be back up and running in a couple of weeks after we build the motor again for you

any other questions just call me

Jeff
Old May 21, 2008, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MondoBongo
results are up for the autocross on sunday guys.

http://www.nhscc.com/2008/20080518/2...2008.5.18a.htm

also, i found a grey sweat shirt laying on top of my stuff when i packed up for the day. is anyone missing it, because it's not mine.
Congratulations on finishing first man, sorry I din't hang around long enough to see it.

EDIT: sorry, I dont think that was you, was it?
Old May 21, 2008, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

spotted a silver ix mr on rt 8 last night getting off of 28 south bound.....round 730ish
Old May 21, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CatalystGod
Congratulations on finishing first man, sorry I din't hang around long enough to see it.

EDIT: sorry, I dont think that was you, was it?
well, technically i finished first in my class, but since there was only one other guy in my class, i got bumped into another class, and was summarily beaten.

if you're talking about FTD though, you mean jeremy.

although, i am more than willing to take credit for his driving.

Last edited by MondoBongo; May 21, 2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old May 21, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Posey075
o hum, i see what you guys are saying about red. i dont know whats up with it then. i was thinking it was a wrx gone sti wing but i dont know anything cuz i dont pay much attention to stis. ive seen it a few times so im gonna check, maybe if i get the chance ill ask him
Old May 21, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Posey075
Highly doubt one of those is around here...look's sick though
Old May 21, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolving Member

if anyone is going to the car show out in Wexford on friday ill see you guys there!

ill most likely be driving my subaru, but ill sneak over to the evo crowd and introduce myself

oh and if you guys havnt noticed, i have been lurking in this forum since 06 haha. but my wrx is up for sale...im sure non of you are interested but if you know someone who is let them know!! here is my craigslist ad.
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/car/689374114.html

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet