Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
Welp I have some thing I am doing to the car, Im restoring it a little, Interior, rear calipers, engine cleaning.....blah blah blah lol......Take a lot of pics for me lol
Your not working on it tomorrow nite are ya? Come down in the accord.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

heres some pictures i took out at that Round Hill Park. Petey mentioned maybe going there for a meet, well this is just one of their many picnic areas

Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

I actually was thinking about coming down in the accord. However in the mits of all this talk I found out my customers rad shroud(diversion panel) was shipped to my other address instead on here. URGH!! I now have to go to Abbottstown Pa tomorrow to pick it up. He wants it painted black, so I'll be bringing my painting kits. Then its off to Philly to deliver it. Since its already late, I am now obligated to hand deliver the finished product.

Anyone Up for a drop of the hat cruise to Abbottstown instead?

SJ
Old Jun 6, 2008, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

oki, what time of day were you there?

the way the shadows from the trees are casting looks very cool.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 03:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 05viiiTB
Hey guys I have to get a new clutch and I am in need of some advice. The only twin plate I have driven was an exedy and it made a lot of noise i.e. rattling. Is there any clutches that can handle that much power that do not rattle? Also, should I be getting a new flywheel at the same time? Thanks!
I have an Exedy Twin plate HD, and no noise at all in my opinion. It is great. I had a Tilton twin plate in my 2004, and it was so loud I sold the car. My thought is all in the install. I had Mike install the Exedy, and I love the clutch. The Tilton I had installed by a Ford guy...and I am pretty sure now after using the Exedy he had installed the Tilton incorrectly.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 06:30 AM
Evolved Member

EDIT: I am out here visiting family and I guess now the plan is to go to a Pirate game and then out around the North Shore and South Side later tonight. Bummer. I wanted to come hang out too....

Last edited by TURBevO8; Jun 7, 2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by gt420hp
I have an Exedy Twin plate HD, and no noise at all in my opinion. It is great. I had a Tilton twin plate in my 2004, and it was so loud I sold the car. My thought is all in the install. I had Mike install the Exedy, and I love the clutch. The Tilton I had installed by a Ford guy...and I am pretty sure now after using the Exedy he had installed the Tilton incorrectly.
I am going to have Mike install it. This is kinda what I have been hearing from other people I have asked too. Good techs seem to be very very rare when you're talking about working on an evo. Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Do you guys think it will rain this evening? The radar shows some thunderstorms possibly heading this way...
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

How do I get to the waterfront from Washington, PA....can someone please help?

79?
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

here is directions

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=30...6&ie=UTF8&z=10
Old Jun 7, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

I wont be making it tonight - the car cant be driven. I had a major injector leak problem Thursday so my car is out of commission until my new seals show up.

I had them overnighted and according to usps they were to be here today - well checked my mail and I had one letter and no package - so they didn't come through for me (which im not surprised at all)

So I will have them Monday and the car will be up and running then - just not in time for the meet.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
Saturday June, 7th 6pm
Behind Loews Theater at the Waterfront.

(Under Macy's garage if it rains)

Please post up if you plan to attend:

Confirmed:
PleaForPeace
mmartahus
Tvall13
Arbo651
Mike01gsr
TheGame
CatalystGod
Garcia10
EvoDan
Evol.ved
MondoBongo
Travman
StiKiller666
Peteypab2133
SteelCityEvo8
XSlowX
Canexican
EvoRaab
LostsolVTEC
KillTheLights
XslowX's friend Jay
spumoni1984
Posey075

Thanks,

23 so far.
i just added myself...see ya guys tonight
Old Jun 7, 2008, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mmartahus
Do you guys think it will rain this evening? The radar shows some thunderstorms possibly heading this way...
well, it looks really nice out here now, so i am going to wash the car, and hope it doesn't rain.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
this is funny, if someone just came into our thread and read this they would probably laugh in our face. i understand the whole topic, but from an outsider view. isnt it strange, look at the cars we drive... going to a goodwill auction, its just complete opposites. also about 2 part of our cars could pay for the one your about to buy lol. hey i wonder if they'd take a trade for that new FMIC

No, but honestly i need to send my friend there. he keeps getting raped by dealers for ****ty *** cars. hes had 3 cars and each one gets progressively worse. right now hes driving a 95 cavalier with 140,000 miles, paid $2,500 and its f'd. the transmission is beat and who know about the engine. for how many miles he was running it with low tranny fluid and he never changes the oil just tops it off. one problem is he never asks questions until something is broken. like the oil, he just puts more in.

For the most part you are correct. But here is really how i feel.

If you must use your evo as a DD and are afraid to do what you want to it because of something breaking and you not having a ride to work on monday morning, then you obviously need a beater car. Now forking up 3 grand might be silly, but i honestly enjoy driving my car when it was running ALOT. unfortunately i do not like driving it in snow (ice,salt,other bad drivers,hidden pot holes etc) and like to park it from december first till march first.

I also like to mod my vehicles very heavily, and this results in sometimes things breaking (nothing yet for me knock on wood) but if you expect your sunday morning autox'er car to be your monday morning commuter, then good luck

I chose to keep the miles low on my car (currently at 15,120) and will have less than 20,000 in 2009. Keeps my resell value in place if i chose to do so. Also i know mods hurt value, but most of the stuff is internal, and all i would need to make the car look stock would be a IX turbo kit.

I guess what im getting at is, everyone needs a second car when owning an evo. If you cannot afford one (not even a $1000.00 beater) then you need to downgrade to maybe a nice cobalt SS and get a civic for a winter beater

And at $4.25 per gallon, im not impressing people when i go grocery shopping or anything else that is senseless driving that can be done in something else that gets 32/34 mpg in the city *caugh caugh* my saturn
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

I totally agree with you Eric, but that $1,000 beater car isn't just $1,000. You have to factor in another insurance premium, the fact that a POS $1,000 car will not be perfect i.e. things will break on it, and another set of maintenance costs. Most guys say screw that, I'd rather buy some more mods on the evo and take a gamble.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet