Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone want to buy my Air tool setup? Im need to raise some money, im going to be set back on this one.....
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
My Flywheel Bolts came undone and fu**cked my whole clutch assembly up! After I spent 100+ dollars for the torque wrench from craftman specifically bought for putting the tranny back together, im left with a 1600 dollar bill, new stock clutch assembly, new master/slave cylinders, and new flywheel bolts. All that fu**ing hard work for nothing!!! Im returning the wrench.....The only thing left to make myself feel better HAHA

I sure don't, I would just use my clutch and the steering wheel lol JK
Everyone always has to blame the tools. Not the user... I hope you realize that if you return a tool to sears you'll have to pay a restocking fee. They've changed policy within the past few years. Did you use red loctite on the FW bolts? If you need a flywheel, I have a ACT streetlite for a great price. I was told it needed resurfaced, but it doesn't look bad at all. Let me know.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Jeremy, how is it fair that F1 guys and just about anything can compete in hillclimbs? It just doesn't seem fair.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
Everyone always has to blame the tools. Not the user... I hope you realize that if you return a tool to sears you'll have to pay a restocking fee. They've changed policy within the past few years. Did you use red loctite on the FW bolts? If you need a flywheel, I have a ACT streetlite for a great price. I was told it needed resurfaced, but it doesn't look bad at all. Let me know.
Whatever bro, Like im going to buy that off of you after that comment.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:14 PM

why wouldnt u get mike at bairel to do ur clutch SJ? I know dave had his twin disk put on his old evo 8 by him and it works flawless from my knowledge...bottom line...pay the price to do it right the first time... i know that takes away the fun and hardwork....but thats just my two cents...
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
tire shaving is always a debate. some people say it helps to have the tires shaved, some say you're better off with the new tread.

i would consider just heat cycling them properly a few times and not shaving off valuable rubber.

what kind of tires are they?
hahaha, thats not the case with me. long story but i have one new tire on my car cuz they are discontinued and i was lucky enough to find that one. i keep calling places and they are like "shaving tires, never heard of it". if ur a tire shop you should know what that is, its comon sense really... shaving a tire. so my car is sitting out there cuz i dont want to drive it with one tire at 100% and the right at about 50%. maybe i could tell you what happened but im leaving for work now, so i made this quick.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
I didn't post that so someone like you could bash me. Maybe if you could post without feeling the need to belittle someone for once in your life someone would actually like to post in here. I did that job on my car for experience, I also felt confident enough with myself to do it, so I did it. I would like to see you replace a clutch on your back. I don't know if you noticed I stopped posting in here because of comments like that made by people like you. But this time I will not be returning. I have better things to do then to sit here and worry about whether or not I will get bashed.

Yes I did put the locktite on there, that means nothing.

P.s. My opinion about Evo owners stand because of humans with the thought process as yours.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by garcia10
why wouldnt u get mike at bairel to do ur clutch SJ? I know dave had his twin disk put on his old evo 8 by him and it works flawless from my knowledge...bottom line...pay the price to do it right the first time... i know that takes away the fun and hardwork....but thats just my two cents...
Because thats not me, I do things my way. He quoted me a price, then renigged on it because he thought I went around telling people that he was doing it for that much. Which I didn't. So he lost my business for good at that point. One thing you never do in business, and that is go back on your word. Especially with pricing. However again as above I didn't post that to get people to tell me what I should have done. Thanks and good bye now!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
hahaha, thats not the case with me. long story but i have one new tire on my car cuz they are discontinued and i was lucky enough to find that one. i keep calling places and they are like "shaving tires, never heard of it". if ur a tire shop you should know what that is, its comon sense really... shaving a tire. so my car is sitting out there cuz i dont want to drive it with one tire at 100% and the right at about 50%. maybe i could tell you what happened but im leaving for work now, so i made this quick.

ah i got ya. well, in that case, i am afraid i can't be much help.

as a long shot, you could try getting in touch with RPM up in warrendale.

they're a performance shop, so they may be able to do it for you, or at least point you in the right direction.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie...8&z=14&iwloc=A
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't post that so someone like you could bash me. Maybe if you could post without feeling the need to belittle someone for once in your life someone would actually like to post in here. I did that job on my car for experience, I also felt confident enough with myself to do it, so I did it. I would like to see you replace a clutch on your back. I don't know if you noticed I stopped posting in here because of comments like that made by people like you. But this time I will not be returning. I have better things to do then to sit here and worry about whether or not I will get bashed.

Yes I did put the locktite on there, that means nothing.

P.s. My opinion about Evo owners stand because of humans with the thought process as yours.

SJ---I dont think anyone is bashing you...even people with experience can have those problems... i think the point is that certain areas of our cars can be very touchy and costly...there is a reason that labor to do those type of repairs is high and people such as mike have the training and experience to complete the job correctly is cheaper in the long run... dude no offense but you get way too sensitive about stuff....and as far as generalizing evo owners...everyone on here in the area has been cool and i am glad i met all of you
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Whatever bro, Like im going to buy that off of you after that comment.
Dude you need to relax.

Brian was just breaking ***** a little about the "user" part , you are taking that a bit far.

Plus he was willing to hook you up on a sweet price for a upgraded and lightend flywheel. And all you want to do is ****ing cry. One thing you have to realize is people on the forums love to talk **** in one way or another or flat out ignore your azz get used to it.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know if you noticed I stopped posting in here because of comments like that made by people like you. But this time I will not be returning.
Well if you feel so compelled , Why dont you just stick to playing on your own top secret lonley forum.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
SJ---I dont think anyone is bashing you...even people with experience can have those problems... i think the point is that certain areas of our cars can be very touchy and costly...there is a reason that labor to do those type of repairs is high and people such as mike have the training and experience to complete the job correctly is cheaper in the long run... dude no offense but you get way too sensitive about stuff....and as far as generalizing evo owners...everyone on here in the area has been cool and i am glad i met all of you
Wow there is an actual human being in this thread HAHA thanks Brian

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
Dude you need to relax.

Brian was just breaking ***** a little about the "user" part , you are taking that a bit far.

Plus he was willing to hook you up on a sweet price for a upgraded and lightend flywheel. And all you want to do is ****ing cry. One thing you have to realize is people on the forums love to talk **** in one way or another or flat out ignore your azz get used to it.
Its funny that noone else talks **** but certain members, Talk **** all you want I could care less. And thanks for the compliment on my forum. Its not even a year old yet and you are making fun of it lol....... Im glad you're not on there HAHA.....

Plus I asked him how much for the flywheel, he no reply, plus Im sure I can get a brand new for around or less than what he is selling it for ontop of getting it resurfaced. Its called dealer accounts.

Last edited by SpeedJunkyz; Jun 11, 2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Well if you feel so compelled , Why dont you just stick to playing on your own top secret lonley forum.
What makes it top secret? Because I didn't tell anyone about it in here? If you want I can go find where I posted it, in fact I am not aloud to do so anyways lol. I already got infractions from it. And in all reality it really isn't lonely, I have some really good friends on there.

Thanks though
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

Besides why you getting all hyped! Noone was speaking to you anyways, Mind you're business

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet