Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MondoBongo
...the winners name, class, and number will be emblazoned on it in classy sharpie marker, and if they wish, the winner can take the cup home until it needs to re-awarded at the next wilson circuit TT.
classic.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

See RPM up in warrendale for your tire mounting needs.
They did a great job mounting my tires.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
Speaking of tire compounds, my Pirelli P-Zero Nero's just came today! Does anyone know of a place that will mount and balance my tires cheaply? Really want to get these puppies on!

Was it Colin that told me that he knew someone that does it for like $20 bucks? Coulda sworn I heard that somewhere...
it was through my dad at a dealership. i don't know if he'll be able to swing that for you.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

For Free!

Stock Exhaust manifold - tapped for EGT gauge (I have a plug if you want it plugged) Otherwise it's going in the trash.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

For Sale - For locals (no shipping) - HKS downpipe - $100
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spumoni1984
it was through my dad at a dealership. i don't know if he'll be able to swing that for you.
Booo...

I know Sears does it for like $50 bucks. I was just hoping to get off cheaper than that. I called Bruce Brothers Tire in Bethel Park and they want $23/tire! Yikes ! So, if anyone knows of a place that does it quickly and for $50 or less - I'm there.

Not to mention, taking my car to Sears scares me. I always drop it off and cross my fingers that they won't screw something up.
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
For Free!

Stock Exhaust manifold - tapped for EGT gauge (I have a plug if you want it plugged) Otherwise it's going in the trash.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

For Free!

Dibs on the stock manifold!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Booo...

I know Sears does it for like $50 bucks. I was just hoping to get off cheaper than that. I called Bruce Brothers Tire in Bethel Park and they want $23/tire! Yikes ! So, if anyone knows of a place that does it quickly and for $50 or less - I'm there.
Just watch out for those BBS wheels man. Sears, NTB, Pep Boys, etc will F up your wheels.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Speaking of tire compounds, my Pirelli P-Zero Nero's just came today! Does anyone know of a place that will mount and balance my tires cheaply? Really want to get these puppies on!

Was it Colin that told me that he knew someone that does it for like $20 bucks? Coulda sworn I heard that somewhere...
i went to baierl to get my KD's mounted.

they took the wheels over to honda on the special machine, mounted them and balanced them, and took real good care of them.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Just watch out for those BBS wheels man. Sears, NTB, Pep Boys, etc will F up your wheels.
Ummm...yeah, i've got Volk CE28N's now...so the thought of taking my wheels/tires there is even scarier.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW - SJ, sorry I asked...should have left it alone. I honestly want the last few minutes of my life back that I just spent readin' that cry baby ranting - Jesus Christ.

I didn't take Brian's comments as a personal attack so much as the facts...you wanted to do it yourself - great! Don't come on and ***** and moan later that it exploded like it did. I mean you get pissed that he busted your ***** a little and don't want to buy from him, but then get ****ty with him and a bunch of other dudes on here and expect to be welcomed warmly or asked about **** you post??? C'mon - how old are you?

You don't like Mike's price - go somewhere else. Don't like that he "went back on a price" - go somewhere else. It's really that simple. No one owes anyone else anything just because they are fellow Evo owners, let alone work at a dealership.

As for all the ball bustin' comments that everyone is eluding to - that's always been fair game on here. I learned the hard way with SteelCity when I originally came onboard. I'm sure we all remember that fun time! It would be one boring board if we couldn't joke around and bust *****. That's not an issue with me at all - I look forward to that.

What I can't stand is the straight-up ****ing lying, and I think that is what drives everyone else nuts around here.

*End Rant

DAVE - Go to the Sunoco (DeNunzio's) in Irwin and ask for Tim if you want to make sure your tires are mounted without ANY problems at all. I would never go anywhere else. May not be the cheapest, but definitely the best.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Dibs on the stock manifold!
damn, beat me to it!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
My Flywheel Bolts came undone and fu**cked my whole clutch assembly up! After I spent 100+ dollars for the torque wrench from craftman specifically bought for putting the tranny back together, im left with a 1600 dollar bill, new stock clutch assembly, new master/slave cylinders, and new flywheel bolts. All that fu**ing hard work for nothing!!! Im returning the wrench.....The only thing left to make myself feel better HAHA

I don't believe I sound like Im crying here, in fact I believe I sound like I am laughing about it.....am i wrong? lol No one is crying.

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
The thing you need to realize is that I know the masses hate on me and my style its cool. I am actually an easy going dude but I like to talk smack so people get offended and then hate on me. Then spread the hate amongst all the newbs.

You have met me before and if I can recall went well out of my way to accomodate you just for you to check out some parts. I basically drove clear from my house to where you live. Hauling the kids out at night . But I am a d i c k head.

All I am saying is nobody was even talking smack on you and you got all defensive about things. Hey man it sucks that it happend its not going to get solved bye getting pissy with people.
I never called you a D i c k head. In fact I was very appreciative that you came out here for me, It was to bad that I had to spend that money on something else. In fact noone twisted your arm to come out here, you wanted if not needed to sell those parts. you did it for yourself, not for me.

Originally Posted by steelcityevo8
When my motor broke I didnt get on here and start crying about that stuff. You think your clutch problem sucks well , welcome to the club there ace

I know some cats love the fact that my stuff broke . thats the nature of the public forum. When you play you pay sometimes.

I guess what I am driving at here is that. Even though I might talk a bit I am also somebody that would help in times of need. If I had something that could help you in your situation I would man. Trust me there will be a few cars riding with a few specific items off of my shelf for a minute since I am not in need of them. I would do the same for almost any local member here , in particular if I had known them.
LOL The fact that no one ever tried to get to know someone (me) and they think its ok to speak to someone like this. I think there was a couple of people who actually spoke to me at the meets I attended. Even when I tried to strum up convo. No one is Crying and no one is getting pissy. Just expressing my feelings on the fact that Thegame felt obligated to talk to me that way, when he doesn't even know me. LOL

SJ - Hey buddy, it's all in fun. I know what you're going through man. Any of these other guys all know how much money I just had to dump into my old VIII for similar problems. What can you do man? Live and learn and get a little laugh out of it. You hear guys making fun of Eric for not having a motor, and Dan for having a blown motor, or Travis for just being Travis... Anyhow, like Dan said, I honestly have a great flywheel if you need it. It was only used for maybe 1,000 miles. Super offer. That goes for anyone else too.

I also have an HKS downpipe for VIII / IX. Super deal. Used for about 25,000 miles. A little dirty, but flanges are perfect and very little traces of rust.
Yes all is well when everyone knows everyone. Who on here actually knows me? And I don't mean my name either. I know Im a grown *** man, but I am the type of person who doesn't push friendships. Either we will be friends or we will be associates. I can tell from talking and body language if someone actually cares to know me........
Old Jun 11, 2008, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Can I ask everyone what part of my post to denny sounded like I was crying? lol Cmon people wake up, noone is crying. Noone is reading what I have to say lol. All I am saying is before you guys make rude comments about someone, atleast Know them....

Denny when you came on Steel shouldn't have did that, there is no justice for it, however you don't care and thats fine. My point is that maybe it more respectful to know someone then pick on them. Then I would have taken it as someone just picking on me lol, Thats not how it happened, I toke it as an insult because Brian doesn't know me. And I don't know Brian. SO I would never talk to him like that.

Denny to your comments above NOONE IS CRYING!!!! lol

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet