Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would probably be up for the $25 bucks. Just sucks at the thought of paying $115 for a TT .

Justin, on the uphill turn, I did pretty much what Colin was describing. I was powering the car through the corner, up the hill, letting off so I could turn in and set the car up for the next turn (giving it a slight tap on the brake to make sure I was in the right line) and then powered through that second turn.

What I need to do a better job of is looking past the turn versus driving directly in front of me. I had issues with getting my car to rotate as well (what else is new). Next time I'm running equal tire pressure or filling up more in the rear. As said in Sport Compact Car: "There is no such thing as too much oversteer in an Evo."

Regardless, it certainly was an awesome time!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
look what came today..!!

my custom ETS 4.5" FMIC...

so i dropped off some sweet intercooler pipes, and couplers.. just waiting my triple disk to come in now. over the next couple days. !! then install
That's a beast man. What's up with an air-to-water intercooler? I know ETS also makes one of those. I think the guy using it ran 9's. Did you ever look into one of those?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thegame
That's a beast man. What's up with an air-to-water intercooler? I know ETS also makes one of those. I think the guy using it ran 9's. Did you ever look into one of those?
yea, but it would not be good for my application. You have to have about 100 pounds of ice to get through about 5 1/4 mile runs... That means i would have to stop at almost every sheetz while out driving the night away

This is as big as you go unless you have a 42R plus, this allows me to actually run a 42R if i feel this 37R is not enough. All i am is swapping out the turbo away
Old Jun 16, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

yea, but it would not be good for my application. You have to have about 100 pounds of ice to get through about 5 1/4 mile runs... That means i would have to stop at almost every sheetz while out driving the night away

This is as big as you go unless you have a 42R plus, this allows me to actually run a 42R if i feel this 37R is not enough. All i am is swapping out the turbo away
Dont be a p u s s y , sell the turbo now dont even waste your time.

Dont be left in the back son!!!!!!

By the way that core is weaksauce
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Nice FMIC. I'm going to be joining you guys this winter i think with a build. .

Colin. Hey mistakes happen. Now if you came in and said you just overdrove that. We would have been alittle more horrified. And you are right that you can bang up the ride out there.

Nice pics Dan. LOL. You might be a redneck if, or maybe racer.

So if i run street tires next event can i compete with you guys? Oh forget it, steet tires suck.

There is no way to go full throttle up that hill IMO. And actually i think its faster thru the esses to brake alittle before it to get a better run at the straight.

Mike, next event i'm riding with you for a few runs. I was out on course watching your last session and i'm sorry to say but some of your lines are terrible. Some are good too. Kinda crazy the approch you took to some of the corners. And something i noticed most every evo owner doing. Not using the whole track!
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Will that fit with the crash beam and bumper?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
4 1/2 inches?? Your girl must be in heaven Eric!! "badumpbump"

So why so big? At what point is a 3 1/2" a restriction?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Nice FMIC. I'm going to be joining you guys this winter i think with a build. .

Colin. Hey mistakes happen. Now if you came in and said you just overdrove that. We would have been alittle more horrified. And you are right that you can bang up the ride out there.

Nice pics Dan. LOL. You might be a redneck if, or maybe racer.

So if i run street tires next event can i compete with you guys? Oh forget it, steet tires suck.

There is no way to go full throttle up that hill IMO. And actually i think its faster thru the esses to brake alittle before it to get a better run at the straight.

Mike, next event i'm riding with you for a few runs. I was out on course watching your last session and i'm sorry to say but some of your lines are terrible. Some are good too. Kinda crazy the approch you took to some of the corners. And something i noticed most every evo owner doing. Not using the whole track!

Jeremy I would love for you to sit in and give some pointers. I know whatever I was
doing wrong I was doing consistantly wrong cause I was at 1:12.6 more then
a few times. I know the car is capable of alot faster....the driver is definetly holding
the car back. Do you have any turns in particular that were bad or good?
Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

yep yep, i sold him the turbo kit. and all the accessories. Nate was going to tune his car when he is ready. just has not made an appt yet...

Car could be a monster with the right tune!

Screw that cali 91 octane
yeah that right, you sold it to him back when he was in cali. what a coincidence
Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
I got a really good look at Mike through the first half of the course in the afternoon. I didn't think the lines that he chose (at least through the first half of the course) were that bad. What I noticed though is that he just wasn't aggressive enough - most notably on the uphill section. His car has ALOT in it and I think if he just trusts it and pushes it a bit more he'll get alot more out of it.

I also got a real good look at Dave who was taking turn two like a champ in the second session of the afternoon. For some reason though, just could not seem to find the correct line through the tricky and slow turns 4, 5, and 6. Dave man, just gotta ease up through that section and approach 4 and 5 like one long turn. Swing real wide into 4 and coast through 5 versus powering through 4 which forces you wide into 5. If you take those three turns slower, your time would drop by at least a second there. Just my opinion...
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by MondoBongo

i was having trouble keeping my focus all day, and more often than not found myself having problems with my braking zones. for some reason i wasn't judging my distance right, and was braking too soft and for too long. i actually got a little brake fade in the morning session from using them too much.
I've been yelling at you for two years about your braking! They're Brembo's! Use them hard and fast, like women, hehe!

I'm so pissed I had to work and miss this, seems I missed out on free r-comps too

I also thought $90 was a little steep, now $115. I guess I should just join the scca and get discounts.

Any you guys doin the PVGP auto-x next month or the car show at Schenly? I'll be at both. My car will be at the Subaru tent for the car show.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by spumoni1984

and a quick question. will steel brake lines (or Ferodo pads for that matter) change your class? i really would like to get this done for the next time in august, but i have a feeling i'll be out of AS.
Colin, stainless lines are a no no for stock class, pads are fine. at the TT the classes don't matter, it's r-comp and street tire.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolving Member

i'm going to try and get to the PVGP. i always head down there, but i'm getting married on july 12. from what i remember it was right around that weekend.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Canexican
I think i'm gonna have to run with Colin next time to see what the hell he is doing (I think I still have a little bit of over-driving tendancies)... .
good deal, i'm sure i could learn a lot from you too. i need to stop taking turns so tight. it really wasn't until the afternoon that i started to stretch out those back half 'hairpin' turns.
Old Jun 16, 2008, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

So I guess crank windows helped a tad. I dropped 1/4 second from last year's time.

Not having ABS is going to take some learning but all in I really enjoyed trying to not get them to lock up with just my foot.

All in all the IX was more fun then the old VIII. Though it could use some more power.

Colin,
I had stainless lines in the 8 and don't have them in the 9. I wouldn't say it is worth leaving A stock for the firmer pedal. Plus street driving in the winter with them you will trigger the ABS more, especially at low speeds and that is very, very annoying.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet