Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame
I think I'm gonna buy these and put them on my mom's camry. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Parts...m320266310329&
You can go with the fake Brembos on the Camry. I am putting this on my cousin's Prius.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO...m150260528542&

wouldn't it make that sound all the time? wtf
Old Jun 24, 2008, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

^ That's another good one.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
Or i can defy dans logic and build it before i boost and and not spend another $4000,00 for a new bottom end.
My Logic is to make as much power possible and place beat downs upon those who want to step up and get some. haha

I will do it again . I had always recognized the fact that at any given moment I could break some stuff on the stocker. It happens to the best of them. You aint racin if you aint breakin

I figured I would just give my own logic since my logic is being used as example.

No offense taken Eric

Oh and I am fairly confident in saying amongst this pittsburgh group , nobody came close to putting the same strain on their stock motor. At the track , but even more so on the highway rollin with some force fed V8's , and pushing the stocker in rpm's and power. Alot of people raced their Evo's here doing events. But for me it was a weekly assault of street racing week after week , and tuning inbetween to try and push the motor further with boost and rpm's.

I mean honestly my car has not seen anything less than 100 octane in the tank for well over a year. that meaning last summer over a year. I use the Evo strictly for racing be it at the track or on the street nothing less.

Daily driving my Evo has no idea what that is about
Old Jun 24, 2008, 03:42 PM
Account Disabled

So now i have to break something, in order to learn a lesson?
You should actually work on something yourself before you start running your mouth about **** you've never done. Breaking parts is part of learning, I'm sorry if you have't learned that yet.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dan l
Breaking parts is part of learning, I'm sorry if you have't learned that yet.
Very true...and I'm very glad that I'm still ignorant . Although, at 44,000+ hard miles, i'm sure i'll be enlightened soon enough .
Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dan l
You should actually work on something yourself before you start running your mouth about **** you've never done. Breaking parts is part of learning, I'm sorry if you have't learned that yet.
dude how do you even ***ing know me? you dont know **** about my present or my past.

I am glad you respect everyone else on this forum for buying built motors and having others put them in but not me? according to you, everyone else is learning and getting experience right?? Just because i don't break my evo, i am not cool? maybe you should learn to drive or let someone tune your car for you, and you wouldn't break it. I have built other cars that i have owned. I just decided since and only since i still owe money on this car "not paid off" i would minimize the threat of something else breaking...

And if you must know, my garage is no longer a garage. My brother is having another child and the garage is being turned into another bedroom and has been for the past 3 months., so I actually DON'T have a place to put the motor in myself, and I am not doing it in the drive way.

start running my mouth about **** i have never done? what do you mean never done. Well here is something i have never done. WASTED a WHOLE CRAP LOAD OF MONEY ON SOME FWD POS from 20 years ago.... thats an investment i learned from when i was about 16 and could not afford to buy/build an evo. Sorry charley but i am not impressed with your tactics you use by down talking me. I already told you. Don't let me see you in person.

You are the only one that acts like a know it all, i post up opinions and once in a while proof, but you jump my **** all the time still? It will be very difficult to type on evom with broken fingers. watch your mouth punk

Last edited by Peteypab2133; Jun 24, 2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by 05viiiTB
You can go with the fake Brembos on the Camry. I am putting this on my cousin's Prius.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TURBO...m150260528542&

wouldn't it make that sound all the time? wtf
i've seen and heard these things before. They howl like a banshee!

I love internet arguments, so amuzing. I understand the modify on a budget thing. I've resisted the next step on my suby, plus stage2 keeps me in a street tire tire class. I'm having a hard time spending over 1k for tires with no tread and possibly not make it through a year of auto-x.

Plus i still have bushings to install as well
Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PDLTURBO
i've seen and heard these things before. They howl like a banshee!

I love internet arguments, so amuzing. I understand the modify on a budget thing. I've resisted the next step on my suby, plus stage2 keeps me in a street tire tire class. I'm having a hard time spending over 1k for tires with no tread and possibly not make it through a year of auto-x.

Plus i still have bushings to install as well
please let us know when you do the install Alot of people got me all wrong on here, but its all good. TEHO nice ride, ever go out to monroeville?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

You are the only one that acts like a know it all, i post up opinions and once in a while proof, but you jump my **** all the time still? It will be very difficult to type on evom with broken fingers. watch your mouth punk
eric, come on now man. internet threats? seriously?

let's just get back to car talk and not let this progress any further, it's just getting silly now.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:45 PM

I'm all over the place, got a good friend who lives in Murrysville. Last time I hung out in monroeville, I was at John Havards brew house sampling some funky brews
Old Jun 24, 2008, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PDLTURBO
I'm all over the place, got a good friend who lives in Murrysville. Last time I hung out in monroeville, I was at John Havards brew house sampling some funky brews

paul, you got any jobs out near monroeville/churchhill this week?
Old Jun 24, 2008, 05:13 PM

how come I still have a 0 post count. Don't local forums count on your post count?

Just finished hardwiring my sirius radio, it took over a week because of me breaking a wire on the cooling fan on the reciever.

was like this for a week

By pdlturbo at 2008-06-24

here's the fan i broke the wire off of

Back to normal

Old Jun 24, 2008, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
paul, you got any jobs out near monroeville/churchhill this week?

not sure yet, I'll def let you know now that I know you are workin there now.

I drove through churchhill twice today, started in harmar, went to brentwood, then to natrona heights.

Sorry about the pics being dark, it was taken with my phone in the garage and no flash on phone
Old Jun 24, 2008, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

god looks like this has turned into a fast and the furious thread. So when is everyone racing for slips? lol

On a side note... I am going to PRP tomorrow with my buddy bo (the cobra posted a few pages ago). if anyone wants to go to hang out and give some tips, that would be cool.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:16 PM
Account Disabled

Well here is something i have never done. WASTED a WHOLE CRAP LOAD OF MONEY ON SOME FWD POS from 20 years ago....
Race this POS then............

You were running your mouth about how dynos do this and dynos do that. You've been on one in your life then you start quoting things that you've read. You talk like you've been around the block but you run into someone who knows what they are doing and then your waiting on parts, waiting on the machinist, the excuses never end. If your so damm smart like you think you'd have a running car now, nearly a year later.

You want to threaten me, thats fine. I'll put my hands in my back pockets and be laughing all the way to the bank. Thats something I also learned that you obviously have not. You can hit me as hard as you want but I'll still think your a jackass.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet