Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Craig King
So the next Pittsburgh meet is when?
you know, that's a good question actually.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:25 AM

Hey, who was the guy at PRP that I ran last night with the 3076 (?) turbo? It was a dark gray MR with some black wheels. Nice meetin you man, fast car you've got there!!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Oh boy... ***slams head on desk***

Going to the track is so much fun. I have no idea how the hell you guys rip off 1.5-7 60 foots.

Going back up in 2 weeks if anyone wants to make a meet out of it.

Steve
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VelociTT
Hey, who was the guy at PRP that I ran last night with the 3076 (?) turbo? It was a dark gray MR with some black wheels. Nice meetin you man, fast car you've got there!!
Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
Oh boy... ***slams head on desk***

Going to the track is so much fun. I have no idea how the hell you guys rip off 1.5-7 60 foots.

Going back up in 2 weeks if anyone wants to make a meet out of it.

Steve

What did you guys run??
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dennyt4
What did you guys run??
Working on getting the slips up online for some constructive criticism (hopefully constructive), not 100% needed since i did blow big donkey dick...

Steve
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
Working on getting the slips up online for some constructive criticism (hopefully constructive), not 100% needed since i did blow big donkey dick...

Steve

LOL
Old Jun 26, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

LOL
hahah i'm not too upset the day after, i don't think i ever claimed myself as the second coming of christ on a drag strip lol. However, right now i would have loved that to have come true hahahaha.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:20 AM

What did you guys run??
I guess I'll let the cat out of the bag

best of the night for me was 11.61 @ 126.78 with a 1.96 60' on my last run with everything iced down to the max. I'm not good at launching my car and I'll be the first to admit that, but I'm pretty good once it gets rollin. My problem is that I just ride out the clutch for about 20' before its fully engaged (I know, I know...). I'm on stock clutch too. I'm sure the car loves that hahaha. I really need to practice launching... but thats not really what the car is built for, so I rarely do or see the need.

First run was more realistic for me of what it would trap when its hot - 118 mph

Maybe I'll start saving for a twin screw so it can run like it did on the last run on the street.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

best of the night for me was 11.61 @ 126.78 with a 1.96 60' on my last run with everything iced down to the max. I'm not good at launching my car and I'll be the first to admit that, but I'm pretty good once it gets rollin. My problem is that I just ride out the clutch for about 20' before its fully engaged (I know, I know...). I'm on stock clutch too. I'm sure the car loves that hahaha. I really need to practice launching... but thats not really what the car is built for, so I rarely do or see the need.

First run was more realistic for me of what it would trap when its hot - 118 mph

Maybe I'll start saving for a twin screw so it can run like it did on the last run on the street.
That's damn good!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:39 AM

That's damn good!
thanks Denny! not bad for a pullied eaton eh?

I was really really caught off guard by the evo though. He ran an 11.9 @ 115, and he cut a .3 r/t to my .7 r/t. Bastard just pulled up real quick and staged just as I was spinning out of the burnout box to pull up to stage.. so I figured I'd go when I was ready and reel him in just after the 1/8th. boy was I wrong lol. He ended up being .0372 ahead of me in the end. Taught me a lesson
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolving Member

I was really really caught off guard by the evo though. He ran an 11.9 @ 115, and he cut a .3 r/t to my .7 r/t. Bastard just pulled up real quick and staged just as I was spinning out of the burnout box to pull up to stage.. so I figured I'd go when I was ready and reel him in just after the 1/8th. boy was I wrong lol. He ended up being .0372 ahead of me in the end. Taught me a lesson
No - nice times! I came from Mustangs/Cobras...last one was a 98 Cobra vert, but I never had the coveted 03-04...it's still on my wish list of cars though.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Was this the grey MR with gold wheels that no one seems to know?
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, thats mean. Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent in performance mods?
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
you know, that's a good question actually.
how about the vintage grand prix??? they have a car show on sat before the races on sun. it's going to cost a little ($20 maybe) but it goes to autism society of pgh.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Canexican
Wow, thats mean. Just out of curiosity, how much have you spent in performance mods?
I have a lot of stuff on the car that will be good for another 200whp and it could have been done for much less, so my car isn't the best example for that haha.

upper pulley, lower pulley, ported s/c bigger throttle body, intake, catted midpipe, catback, bigger IC reservoir, bigger coolant reservoir, bigger heat exchanger (intercooler), mass air extender (to keep it from pegging), 60# injectors, KB boost-a-pump & conservative 93 octane tune. I think thats it for the car as far as power goes. The car has pretty much all of the supporting mods going. It put down 520rwhp in cool weather, but I think thats on the high side.

Woulda been cheaper to buy just a used twin screw (KB or whipple) and just intake, exhaust & tune. Thats what a friend did & he put down a heat soaked 560rwhp in his car.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet