Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have a MBC hanging around?

Got one, thanks Paul!

Last edited by goforwand; Jun 30, 2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by goforwand
Long story short, the AEM TruBoost install has gone awry, and I'm in need of an MBC locally until Mike figures out why the biach won't work properly.

My current ghetto set-up barely got by at BeaveRun this weekend, and I'm heading to Mid-Ohio on Tuesday and don't want to have any surprises.

If you have one you'd like to sell, please PM me. I'm in the Mt. Nebo area, and we could meet up in the area or at Bariel.

Thanks!

Patrick
pm sent
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by bvdawg13
ya you can see who you can get, im gonna make a list of everyone, then go bak through the list and get 50% from everyone for the deposit once i figure out the total but i'll need a list first. so probably in a month we'll set the date for
OK, well PM me with some info so I can help you get this thing off the ground. general idea of a date, a price, duration, if there will be a meet before/after, etc.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dan l
Be careful what you wish for. My friend had an ACT 2600 in his talon. He was cutting consistent 1.7 sixties. The first time out on the twin disc and he was struggling to get 1.9's. The single discs are much easier to do the slip and dump method which a lot of stock turbo guys use with success. The twin disc comes in like a lightswitch. Just practice a LOT on the street before going to the track or you'll waste a whole night trying to relearn how to launch.

I currently run an ACT 2900 and love it. It is however time for a twin disc and I'm not looking forward to it at all.
Dan,

Yeah that is what i have been hearing from a lot of the companies we do some business with. However, i am more so talking in terms of daily driveabilty. Not all that friendly.

Next time out, my car will be tuned and my car will actually shift the way it should! lol.

Bo and i are talking about maybe renting the track. So maybe we can get a bunch of people to go and we all just split up the costs :-D.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Old Jun 30, 2008, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
so the other night i was out..and the sky looked really wild...i didnt have my good camera with me, so the quality isnt great ..but at lease i got something

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:48 PM

hey guys after 1 year of being stock, i finally got the mod itch...ams exhaust is on....ams fmic is being shipped now....pics will be up soon...

soon to be mods...ams mbc, ams injectors, ams licp/uicp, ams motor mount, wideband........and please keep the comments on their prices to yourself...yes i know they are expensive....but having some knowledge in welding and fabrication makes me picky on what i like....

Last edited by garcia10; Jun 30, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:42 PM

Hey Guys ... I Got My Evo About A Year Ago But Haven't Dont Much With It, Im Just Now Making My Way To The Tracks And Stuff. I Live In Ellwood So I Go To Prp And Quaker A Lot ... Hope To See Some Of You Guys Around Soon!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:01 PM
Evolving Member

welcome!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:02 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by GNV Motorsports
Dan,

Yeah that is what i have been hearing from a lot of the companies we do some business with. However, i am more so talking in terms of daily driveabilty. Not all that friendly.

Next time out, my car will be tuned and my car will actually shift the way it should! lol.

Bo and i are talking about maybe renting the track. So maybe we can get a bunch of people to go and we all just split up the costs :-D.

Steve
GnV Motorsports
Yeah the twin is the way to go. They also save a lot of rotating weight. Its just that they take some skill to launch, but its doable.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by spumoni1984
welcome!
THANKSS! IM SICK OF HANGING WITH THE SRT CREW.. I NEED A NEW CROWD WITH REAL CARS HAHA
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by HerEvo8
Hey Guys ... I Got My Evo About A Year Ago But Haven't Dont Much With It, Im Just Now Making My Way To The Tracks And Stuff. I Live In Ellwood So I Go To Prp And Quaker A Lot ... Hope To See Some Of You Guys Around Soon!
is this tracey?
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Posey075
is this tracey?
yea, i guess i don't even know who that was. i just figured it was frank's wife.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:49 PM

Haha No It's Me.. Trac!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by goforwand
Got one, thanks Paul!
no problen, glad to help.

Good meeting ya
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dan l
Yeah the twin is the way to go. They also save a lot of rotating weight. Its just that they take some skill to launch, but its doable.
Yeah for sure. My tactrix cable or whatever should be here next week and i can get my car flashed PROPERLY! Then gotta re grease my shifter lol. Apparently that stuff B&M gives you with the kid dries up fairly good.

Anyone know of some decent body shops around here to get my clear coat re done on my wing, and shave the sides down?

Steve

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet