Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Thegame
Have you driven a X? The first thing I noticed was the different braking feel vs VIII's and IX's. I don't really care either way, but I always thought the VIII was awesome at stopping, but it did require some foot pressure. The X is more like the infinity you're describing.
well im thinking of rebeding my brakes. you can re-bed them right i dont see why not. maybe that will help a bit with bite and the screeching. o and the infinity is an M35
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Have you driven a X? The first thing I noticed was the different braking feel vs VIII's and IX's. I don't really care either way, but I always thought the VIII was awesome at stopping, but it did require some foot pressure. The X is more like the infinity you're describing.
actually that was one of the first things i noticed about my IX when i got it.

it didn't feel like it stopped as well, and the pedal was much softer.

i don't know if the stopping power/distance has actually change, or if it is just a different feel, but i don't like it nearly as much as the brakes on my VIII.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki
well im thinking of rebeding my brakes. you can re-bed them right i dont see why not. maybe that will help a bit with bite and the screeching. o and the infinity is an M35
I honestly never thought my Hawk HPS's were as good as the Brembo pads. The Hawk's were nice that they lasted longer and your wheels didn't look like they went through a coal mine after a short trip. But they just didn't have the feel. Maybe it is the pads. How long have you had them in there? Did you notice your brakes got worse after installing the Hawks? You can always try rebedding them or bleeding the brakes again. What I was always told was that while multiple piston calipers are superior in stopping, they may require more effort than single pistons. I'm not sure what brakes are on an M35.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I think someone on this thread said that SS brake lines made their pedal feel kind of like what you're describing. I'm sure they'll chime in.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I honestly never thought my Hawk HPS's were as good as the Brembo pads. The Hawk's were nice that they lasted longer and your wheels didn't look like they went through a coal mine after a short trip. But they just didn't have the feel. Maybe it is the pads. How long have you had them in there? Did you notice your brakes got worse after installing the Hawks? You can always try rebedding them or bleeding the brakes again. What I was always told was that while multiple piston calipers are superior in stopping, they may require more effort than single pistons. I'm not sure what brakes are on an M35.

And now that I'm thinking about it, I think someone on this thread said that SS brake lines made their pedal feel kind of like what you're describing. I'm sure they'll chime in.
My SS lines didnt really change the pedal feel all that much. When braking really hard, it is a lot more consistent than with the stock lines. Especially noticeable on track.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Oki Panoki

I rented one of those last year. The brakes are extremely touchy. Annoyingly so.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
I rented one of those last year. The brakes are extremely touchy. Annoyingly so.
It might just be the car then.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evol.ved
i agree they are very touchy. at first it seems like there is no medium. but i just would like my car to be a little quick and firmer like that. i kinda like it but maybe not as extreme. and they have always had hawks idk what stock pads r like on my car
Old Jul 7, 2008, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone that has changed their fuel pump...

I am looking for the small metal o-clip that holds the filter on the bottom of the pump. If anyone has one from their stock pump still, or didn't use the one in their install kit, please PM me.

I know it's a long shot, but thought I'd put it out there before I go looking for something.

Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2008, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

...they have arrived....

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/07/t...d-at-12-01-am/
Old Jul 7, 2008, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
thats ****! ide love to see one of those at the dealer... but thats not going to happen.
Old Jul 7, 2008, 08:35 PM

my ams fmic has sold
Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by MR. Tim
too bad they're gettin 25k+ over sticker. I knew someone who put the deposit down and had to back out cause of the huge mark up
Old Jul 8, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dennyt4
Anyone that has changed their fuel pump...

I am looking for the small metal o-clip that holds the filter on the bottom of the pump. If anyone has one from their stock pump still, or didn't use the one in their install kit, please PM me.

I know it's a long shot, but thought I'd put it out there before I go looking for something.

Thanks
I think i may have one if you need it..i will check when i get home from work tonight
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, just wondering if anyone is planning on AutoXing at Beaverun this coming weekend.

"Steel Cities SCCA Solo II Autocross July 12 & 13 Weekend at BeaveRun
The Steel Cities Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) hosts an all weekend Autocross. Registration is from 8:30 until 9:30 and competition runs from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. Cost $75.00 for the weekend includes event entry, gate pass and dinner Saturday night."

Single day pricing is also available. I'm seriously considering it...its been too long since the last AutoX/Time Trial .
Old Jul 8, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xsolowx
I think i may have one if you need it..i will check when i get home from work tonight
That would be great! I appreciate it!!

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet