Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

local Pittsburgh Meet

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Ummm, Now there is something going wrong here. How can a 35R only trap 112ish mph? I would hang my head low after that.
Yikes, that was pretty ugly. Raab, what was your 60ft? What was the 35R's? No offense, but that was one of the worst launches back to back that i've seen. You got a twin disk dude, slip it and don't slow shift. I mean, 110mph on the second run is only 1mph more than my car with just $700 in mods.

Nice job RAAAAAAAB.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice meeting you guys last night, I'll be back next wednesday without the street tires, maybe a new IC pump, and this time I'm hording my ice and keeping it for myself

Your video is much better than mine. Every single time I followed a nice car or fast car going down the track some hillbilly stood up directly in my line of sight from the bleachers.

My car ran like shat last night, I was plagued by the discovery of a faulty intercooler pump when I got there and it magically fixed itself around 8:30, but I guess it hadn't been working for good portion of the ride out because even after sitting for a while the IC fluid was pretty much scalding hot.

Only good thing my car did was give me a few laughs at the white wingless WRX's expense. Last time when Steve & I went, he had to go pick up his girlfriend & that guy was all over steve trying to get him to race after he and I went different ways... I had a couple laughs and returned the favor before his exit. I wouldn't say my car is all that loud, but I still didn't even know he floored it

I'd like to see how that 35r pulls on the street though, it would definitely be a fast car if you powershifted it to keep that SOB spoolin.... somebodys gotta teach you the ways... might as well be the resident redneck

On a side note, who broke their red evo?
Old Jul 17, 2008, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Canexican
Yikes, that was pretty ugly. Raab, what was your 60ft? What was the 35R's? No offense, but that was one of the worst launches back to back that i've seen. You got a twin disk dude, slip it and don't slow shift. I mean, 110mph on the second run is only 1mph more than my car with just $700 in mods.

Nice job RAAAAAAAB.
you guys are brutal

It was really muggy last night, some cars might be affected more than others from that. I know I was a victim: .2 slower and down 4+ mph from last time on what I thought were better launches (60' was still 2.0)
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Canexican

Nice job RAAAAAAAB.
I went 12.7, 12.6, 12.5....still not my best and I am not happy either with my times as nobody ever seems to be ...but hey I did what I wanted to do! Car did feel fast though I don't know what it is.

60' was a 1.8 consistently....I don't get it I was doing 1.7s on my stock clutch, no cams, etc in my black 8.

I was trapping like 108 and on the blizzaks I went 12.4 @ 116! WTF. That day was extremely cold in early spring vs. last nights 90* weather....does that really make that big of an impact?

Bo it was good seeing you man, that cobra is absolutely ridiculous! Best looking ride in the area. What did you end up running once you got that fixed up?

Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:16 AM

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment! I love those rims on your car, the finish is sick on them. They look perfect to me

Originally Posted by EVORaab
extremely cold in early spring vs. last nights 90* weather....does that really make that big of an impact?

Bo it was good seeing you man, that cobra is absolutely ridiculous! Best looking ride in the area. What did you end up running once you got that fixed up?
It makes a HUGE difference for FI cars, at least in my dumbestic corner. The other thing we had going against us last night was how humid it was all day/night. My car ran like *** last night even though I thought I drove it better. I know my shifting was faster, although I'm not sure about the shift points I used... Regardless my mph was up in the 1/8th by a little and down by 4 in the 1/4.

I ran craptastic 11.88/11.80 @ 122/123 back to back. Which I guess isn't really that bad considering that the car didn't get much ice now that I think about it. I was just hoping for more

I'm going to play around with my firewall adjuster to see if I can get my clutch to a more on/off engagement next time I go out, but I think I'm starting to suffer from stock clutch woes on the launch.

Last edited by VelociTT; Jul 17, 2008 at 08:19 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

did anyone go out to the waterfront on monday? my dad said he saw a few evo's. anyone planning on parking on the lawn at the pvgp? it's for a good cause!
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went 12.7, 12.6, 12.5....still not my best and I am not happy either with my times as nobody ever seems to be ...but hey I did what I wanted to do! Car did feel fast though I don't know what it is.

60' was a 1.8 consistently....I don't get it I was doing 1.7s on my stock clutch, no cams, etc in my black 8.

I was trapping like 108 and on the blizzaks I went 12.4 @ 116! WTF. That day was extremely cold in early spring vs. last nights 90* weather....does that really make that big of an impact?
Well, in my opinion PRP blows to begin with, however a 30 degree temperature and significant humidity increase can make a huge difference in a cars performance. It does seem hard to believe though that your trap speeds were so different. I mean, dropping 8mph is pretty significant, however your ET's do seem to be pretty good and consistent. Tough call, but if everything is alright with the car, thats about the only thing that can explain it.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by garcia10
yea...i found them on gruppe-s......125 or 175 bucks...i forget... ...oo and brian aka thegame....i drive a ix mr
The IX's don't have the vibration issues that the VIII's have with the front motor mount it seems. I have one and I have 0 vibrations, actually all the rattling I had stock went away and the car feels much more solid.

All I did was bump up my idle like 100 rpms in the ecu and there is no problems at all.....If i get the car back in time for the meet you can check it out Saturday.

If anything just get a front mount - all you really need at this point. I have the powerflex on my car and it was cake to install.

here i go again talking about bushings........
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by travman
The IX's don't have the vibration issues that the VIII's have with the front motor mount it seems. I have one and I have 0 vibrations, actually all the rattling I had stock went away and the car feels much more solid.

All I did was bump up my idle like 100 rpms in the ecu and there is no problems at all.....If i get the car back in time for the meet you can check it out Saturday.

If anything just get a front mount - all you really need at this point. I have the powerflex on my car and it was cake to install.

here i go again talking about bushings........
maybe you should give john a call and talk to him about bushings. i bet he would love to hear from you.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

I was told with my Rota's this could make a big change too?! I ran 12.4 @ 116 on blizzaks on my stock enkei's....maybe it's time to paint them black and throw those and some advans back on her.....
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:00 AM

^no way, you saw what the black enkis did to the 35R car.... I'll tell you next week how 17's vs 18's affect my car, which is almost identical to yours
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Saturday July 19th, 2008 at approximately 1900 hours at the Waterfront Lowes parking lot.

1. Me (X)
2. Travman (IX)
3. Dan I or L or whatever the hell it is
4. herevo8 (VIII)
5. evoraab (VIII)
6. mondobongo (IX MR)
7. garcia10 (VIII)
8. craig king - possible
9. xsolox (VIII)
10. steelcityevo8 (Monster Buschur build in progress - VIII)
11. TSI
12. Queer SRT4
13. Integra Type R
14. 3G Eclipse
15. Spumoni1984 (IX)
16. xtmt (X)
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by jerdeitzel
Ummm, Now there is something going wrong here. How can a 35R only trap 112ish mph? I would hang my head low after that.
Yeah it's hanging low for sure... Those videos are my first and 2nd attempt at launching with the 35r and twin disk. Big mistake. My 2-step is set at 5800 and every time I dumped just a bit early and fell on my face. I'll be bumping it up to around 6400 so once I learn to slip it, instead of dumping like I used to, the quarter will get down to where it belongs. I did stay for the 3rd and 4th run and did a bit better. My third run my launch wasn't as ****ty but it still wasn't good at all, 2.1 60' and 13.2. Still crap. My third run was 12.9 and 2.0 60'. I am starting to get the hang of it now but launching the 35r is WAY different than launching the stock turbo. I'll be back up hopefully within the next month or so.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

I was told with my Rota's this could make a big change too?! I ran 12.4 @ 116 on blizzaks on my stock enkei's....maybe it's time to paint them black and throw those and some advans back on her.....
If it was really hot and humid you car was just down on power.......it happens. If you ran those times in cooler weather of course you were making much better power then. You cant expect to trap in 90 deg. weather the same as you do in 60 deg. weather (ex.)
Old Jul 17, 2008, 11:52 AM

My traps on the last two were 118.8 and 119.6. Not where the car should be but I did improve during the night. I really needed to go practice beforehand. I am really regretting not doing it.

Quick Reply: local Pittsburgh Meet